Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 03:38 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,540,044 times

Advertisements

Poulan Pro 22-inch 625 Series Lawn Mower PR625Y22RKP

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

I have owned the Poulan Pro 22-inch 625 Series lawn mower for a little over two years. I live in Arizona so I'm constantly battling rather large patches of weeds as well as what is often more dried grass and dust than a lawnmower should have to endure. As a result, I have gone through lawnmowers a little more quickly than the average owner. So far. the Poulan has held its own. This Poulan is self-propelled and comes with a gas powered Briggs & Stratton motor. I have a fairly large lot and the Poulan has been a better than average machine for my needs. It is easy to handle and has been generally maintenance free. The electric start has given me a little bit of difficulty on occasion, however. I will also occasionally have trouble with the engine stalling out, but that is probably more a product of its use than the machine itself. The high rear wheels and the self propelled front wheel drive make the mower extremely easy to handle and manipulate, but sometimes the self propulsion is a little too powerful, which can compromise the blade and motor. With a man powered machine, it can be easier to detect rough patches, rocks, or uneven ground. The front wheel drive feature sometimes plows through these hazards before you even have time to avoid them. The wheels have five positions for height control, and they are easier to adjust than any other mower I have owned. I use the rear discharge, but the Poulan also allows for side discharge if desired. The only other issue I have had is in regards to oil use. It is very difficult to read the dipstick and it seems that I alternate between too much oil, which causes sluggishness, and not enough.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews