U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2017, 04:53 PM

26,151 posts, read 17,833,144 times

Advertisements

I didnt know wheather to put this on the parenting base or what but since my thread is more general about them,I figured this base is better..

I tell ya...... Alot of junk monitors I see out there now. In my opinion the BEST monitor they ever made was one of the FIRST ones they ever made in 1983..

The one listed here: www.etsy.com/listing/173760805

Its made by Fisher Price,its analog and is gorgeous sounding!!

I have one and I use it for listening to nature outside (Birds,etc) -- The pickup is excellent and because its analog,the sound is beautiful!!

I was out looking in Walmart the other day and I saw Video Baby Monitors (And audio as well) but I believe they were all digital.....

If someone is getting one of these to listen to a baby,its better to have analogue NOT DIGITAL as the sound is better and more pure to whats going on in the room!!

Back in the 80s I had one of these Fisher Price ones also (Same exact model as I have now (The same as the one listed above (I found this new one @ salvation army a few years ago and I was happy (Mine got lost from the 80s or something)))) and I beefed up the wattage and had it hooked to a big antenna and man did it get out!!!!! (Quite far) I was playing music and I took my scanner out to see how far it went.........

I would have loved getting a video monitor the other day but I only wanted an analogue one..... Couldnt find one.......

Im glad I have my fisher price monitor... Excellent for MANY USES
Rate this post positively