Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 04:38 PM

21 posts, read 49,123 times

Advertisements

She is 44. She has 2 dogs which she dresses up and treats like her kids. She also has dyed strands of her hair pink. I asked her why, was it for cancer awareness , and she said no it just made her feel good to have pink hair.
These both seem like crazy woman behaviors. I could see a teenager doing pink hair but a 44 yr old woman with 2 kids? Also the dog thing seems a lot like a crazy cat woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 04:47 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
By all means, no self-respecting woman or man would ever, EVER treat their pets like children.

Old 12-22-2010, 04:51 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedguy1032 View Post
She is 44. She has 2 dogs which she dresses up and treats like her kids. She also has dyed strands of her hair pink. I asked her why, was it for cancer awareness , and she said no it just made her feel good to have pink hair.
These both seem like crazy woman behaviors. I could see a teenager doing pink hair but a 44 yr old woman with 2 kids? Also the dog thing seems a lot like a crazy cat woman.
I don't think these are crazy behaviors. It's a part of who she is, and they are harmless. I think if you feel the need to judge her like this, you aren't compatible. There is someone out there who will find her pink hair endearing; no use wasting time with you.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:15 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,851,089 times
i dress my dogs and treat them like my kids but not in the aww fluffy needs a mancure with her mommy kind of way, more they deserve my time and attention just as much as people do and need to be provided for like a child does. they need comfort, boundries, ect. i dress them because they are hairless and realy do get cold (and REALY enjoy it...) i press them in cute things because well if im going to dress them anyway, it might as well look good lol.

and i think if having a streak of pink in her hair makes her feel good...then why the hell not, its not like shes dying her entire head hot pink...

i absolutly agree with onglet, sounds like shes just a fun loving woman who cares for her dogs and mabe is holding on as long as possible to what youth she has...theres nothing wrong with that and if it bothers you or seems "crazy" then i dont think shes the right woman for you.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:17 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
When you dress up a dog in fashions it's always for the owners benefit, the dog really couldn't care less.

She's streaked her hair fun colors to give the impression of youthful spontaneity.

Sounds like she might be fun... Or chasing after youth.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:19 PM

9 posts, read 9,649 times
She sounds immature. I wouldn't go so far as to say crazy

Old 12-22-2010, 05:22 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
I think she's the type of person that could give two flying farts what others think of her. And good for her!

If it bothers you, move on. Someone else will accept her just the way she is.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:34 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedguy1032 View Post
Depends on what kind of dogs she has. I have a chihuahua and she's naked w/o clothes so in winter she gets a sweater. I don't treat her like a baby but my kids do. I know plenty of older women with pink strands in their hair, so if that bothers you, you're probably too fuddy for her.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:38 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
She sounds quirky and a bit eccentric and there is nothing wrong with that. Some guys like it, some don't. You sound as if you just aren't going to accept her as she is. If you can't accept someone as they are then you shouldn't date them.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:42 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
She sounds eccentric, not crazy. She probably doesn't give a hoot what anyone else thinks of her and enjoys her life immensely....the hard question to answer is if you are willing to deal with her non traditional approach and the constant stares from other folks....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology