Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:11 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times

Advertisements

haha sounds like my college classroom. . I miss class as often as possible, knowing that most of the people are rude and toxic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
Unfortunatly I'm stuck working with many toxic people. As soon as someone walks out the door they become a target of insults. There is also name calling and "tagging" people with a goofy nicknames. There is rampant drug use and people who will do things to make themselve's look good and others bad. To survive you have to learn to adapt. By that I do not mean participate but find ways to avoid it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 11:16 PM

47 posts, read 233,970 times
i have put this thread in my favorites list and visit it everytime after unuvoidable interaction with "my" toxic person. Helps me to recoup faster
Thanks

Old 01-17-2009, 11:18 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
It feels good knowing you are not alone in dealing with nasty and bitter people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali74 View Post
i have put this thread in my favorites list and visit it everytime after unuvoidable interaction with "my" toxic person. Helps me to recoup faster
Thanks

Old 03-02-2009, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,892 times
Thanks that was all good information, but what did you end up doing to get rid of these toxic people?

I'm in the middle of a vicious cycle of toxic males right now and i'm ready to pull my hair out.

Please help

thanks

Old 03-03-2009, 05:42 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
I show them class as I do every human being. Try my best never to disrespect them or be rude, that doesn't help anyone. Having said that though I also go out of my way to avoid these kind of people whenever possible.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:36 AM

4 posts, read 5,904 times
Hmmmm......well, my neighbor is sorta toxic in a way that she is self-absorbed. Conversation after conversation, it's pretty much all about HER, and it pretty much ALWAYS winds up turning into a very negative subject. Her speaking-manner is also annoyingly SLOWWWWW, WHINEYYYYY, and DRAGGED OUUUUUUT!!!!!!!!!!!! Whenever my roommate & I try to have OUR moment in the conversation, my neighbor WILL listen......but only for a brief moment. Then, the floor is HERS again! AAAAAArghh! And, my roommate & I do NOT want to be mean, we do NOT want to hurt her feelings, as she is a very sweet person. But her self-absorbness has taken its toll on us, now. I don't know what to do. It's kinda hard to start doing the avoiding-thing since she lives right next door to us, and calls us almost every day. (sigh!) I dunno, I'm just gonna hafta TELL her.....in the most decent, sensitive way possible. Pray for me, please!

Old 12-27-2010, 12:22 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
It really would have been better if you'd started a new thread instead of resurrecting one so old but you're just going to have to bite the bullet and be firm if you want to curtail her intrusions and the negativity.

If you don't have caller ID on your phone then get it. If you want to answer her call on any particular day then do so but then quickly extricate yourself from the conversation by saying something along the lines of, "Oops, got to get the stove/just got out of the shower/right in the middle of something", etc. etc. She's probably lonely but if her calls are bothering you then, as hard as it might be, you have to discourage her. If you don't you may end up one day when you're in a particularly bad mood by blowing her off very nastily and then you'll probably feel guilty. Good luck!

Old 12-28-2010, 02:25 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Toxic People ... How Do You Deal With Them?

I don't deal with them. I have enough of my own problems and I don't have time for others to start dumping on me. I've had it up to the skyscraper with Toxic people. (they seem to seek me out.) I'm at the point where I just smile, say F*** You, and walk away. If you are a toxic person and you are constantly seeking me out, I will lay you the F*** out!!!

You don't approve of someone, go find someone else. I do not have the time for people who constantly seek someone else out with the sole purpose to belittle them.
Do y'all ever notice that toxic people tend to be critical of you in an area that they themselves are lacking in.

Last toxic person goes out of the way to constantly tell me how I look like S*** and yet, she looks like Shrek.

Whatever area you judge me in, you better be shining in that area.
(Sorry for the rant, I'm just tired and aggravated.)

Old 12-28-2010, 03:10 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Do y'all ever notice that toxic people tend to be critical of you in an area that they themselves are lacking in.
Wow, truer words never spoken. You can see that right on C-D: It's always the people who don't have the courage to take the life path that you do who have to try to belittle you.

I get rid of toxic people to the greatest extent possible. The best revenge is living well. You enjoy yourself and it drives them crazy.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:22 PM

4 posts, read 5,904 times
I didn't mean to "resurrect such an old thread," as you put it. I was just trying to find a place to vent/view others' comments or advice. Thank you, though, for taking the time to comment on my problem. I'm pretty much doing the avoiding-thing. It seems to be working. Also, reading other people's comments helped me in a way that I am not alone in this situation, and that I don't have to feel guilty because evidently I do not HAVE to take on other people's stress. Life can be stressful as it is. Thanks, again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology