U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2016, 08:55 AM

4,380 posts, read 3,430,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Who are all these backward immature grownups who pretend sex doesn't exist and are sadly sexually messed up?
That 19 Kids and Counting family comes to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
That was the sum of my HS experience.

Around the house, I usually wander out from the bedroom to the kitchen to make coffee. I make it to the living room and double check to make sure the blinds are doing their thing. Otherwise it is an "oh ****" and back track.
I tend to forget I have high windows on the front of my house that don't have blinds or curtains and that the blinds for the sliding glass door are always open so the dogs can access their doggy door. And my neighbors live really close...

However, it is really nice to have my laundry room right next to my bedroom. Can just strip down, throw everything in the washer and go to my room, or at the last minute decide to throw everything I have on in there too.

I was amused at a beach in Greece that had a sign forbidding people to go topless, but didn't say anything about the bottoms. (I was with a tour group, so no, I didn't test that bottomless was okay).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 09:18 AM

11,383 posts, read 6,794,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
However, it is really nice to have my laundry room right next to my bedroom. Can just strip down, throw everything in the washer and go to my room, or at the last minute decide to throw everything I have on in there too.

One of the advice columnists used to tell a story of a lady who had no hang-ups about stripping in front of the washer when doing laundry. It seemed that one day she did so, not long after a plumber was called to fix a leaky overhead pipe near the washer.

The lady dressed down and tossed the laundry into the washer as usual; mindful of the leak, she noticed her son's football helmet nearby and put it on to protect her hairdo. But she hadn't noticed the plumber entering the basement.

The plumber's only comment was, "I sure hope your team wins, lady!"

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 03-31-2016 at 09:36 AM..

Old 03-31-2016, 11:53 AM

13,035 posts, read 7,203,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
Infront of others..Like this lady loves to go to nude beaches

I see nothing wrong with it as long as it's with other consenting adults.

I went to the gym on a guest pass with one of my besties for some rigorous swimming and I saw this rather ugly naked body in the locker room. I am in no way comfortable with running around naked in a locker room at my age. I had to change in the stall behind closed doors. That whole communal shower thing grossed me out as well. Nope not happening. I do not want to traumatize anyone.

Back in the day when I had a rockin body in my 20's I was the first one taking my clothes off at the quarry to go skinny dipping with my friends. Nothing wrong with that either. Actually it was quite fun and still generates some chuckles with my old friends

Old 03-31-2016, 09:31 PM

11,383 posts, read 6,794,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I went to the gym on a guest pass with one of my besties for some rigorous swimming and I saw this rather ugly naked body in the locker room. I am in no way comfortable with running around naked in a locker room at my age. I had to change in the stall behind closed doors. That whole communal shower thing grossed me out as well. Nope not happening. I do not want to traumatize anyone.

Back in the day when I had a rockin body in my 20's I was the first one taking my clothes off at the quarry to go skinny dipping with my friends. Nothing wrong with that either. Actually it was quite fun and still generates some chuckles with my old friends
Perhaps you're a little too prone to equate nudity with sexuality.

The "open" showers at my local 'Y' give me more room to step out of the spray and clean up more thoroughly; and nobody over the age of (roughly) 40 seems to have hang ups about showering au naturel.

Finally, when my late Mom was in "assisted living", all the men (individually or in a small group) showered with an aide, who was almost always female, keeping an eye on things if someone slipped and/or fell. No such problem for the ladies, of course, but the gents were old enough (and so accustomed to exposure in earlier life) that nobody really cared.

Old 03-17-2017, 04:45 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,467,561 times
Thumbs up  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve
I like being naked. I sleep naked, I walk around in the house naked. I tan nude on my patio.
Excellent and there is NOTHING WRONG WITH IT!!!!!!

Only thing ya have to worry about is the brainwashed neighbours who think its wrong and might bother the police for no bloody reason!!

I dont have anything on right now!!

Old 03-22-2017, 04:10 PM

3,925 posts, read 2,729,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
I have a friend who loves to strut around naked at home..What do you think of people like that (who are comfortable being naked infront of others)?

ie- could be locker-room situations, nude beaches, etc
I despise pants, and all you wretched members of society who force me to wear them. They are of the devil! ADAM AND EVE WERE PURE AND THEY NEVER WORE PANTS UNTIL THEY FELL FROM GRACE!

I wouldn't like to go pants-less in public though, even on a nude beach. I'd be fine with it personally, but I wouldn't feel right about all the vomiting and fleeing in horror of everyone else. Maybe after I get in shape that'll change. I'm walking every day, so that's a start.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:20 PM

972 posts, read 330,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
They must feel they look good and are confident about it. I know my body looks good being that I run and lift weights so I LOVE looking at myself in the mirror naked, and I like it that women lust after my body!

With that said I'm never comfortable being naked around other MEN, say in a locker room or something. It's just awkward, I don't want to see another mans junk, and I don't want him to look at mine either.
I can guarantee you that some dude has checked out your junk in the locker room without you even aware of it. My friend used to do this alot and never got caught. Me? I'm a leg man.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:27 PM

15,746 posts, read 11,757,357 times
You are only young once, so if you don't show your body or don't like your body now, how badly will you hate it later on?

Right now at age 40 I work out my hardest to keep it all tight and I enjoy looking at my nude body and I enjoy making a guy happy with what he sees. I want him to see me so often nude that once I am old and wrinkly and have to have sex in the dark, he'll remember and imagine me how I used to look like. I want to flood his mind with my body now, so he'll fantasize about it forever when it is no longer pretty

My motto: Embrace it while you can and do your best to look your best. No pain no gain.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:35 PM

972 posts, read 330,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
I have that Peter Griffin body so it hides "my goodies" So I don't mind walking around naked.
Sorry buddy but my friend would be able to spot your Peter. Its in his skill set.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:42 PM

15,746 posts, read 11,757,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I despise pants, and all you wretched members of society who force me to wear them. They are of the devil! ADAM AND EVE WERE PURE AND THEY NEVER WORE PANTS UNTIL THEY FELL FROM GRACE!

I wouldn't like to go pants-less in public though, even on a nude beach. I'd be fine with it personally, but I wouldn't feel right about all the vomiting and fleeing in horror of everyone else. Maybe after I get in shape that'll change. I'm walking every day, so that's a start.
Nude beaches are creepy. Usually lots of people there you really don't want to see nude. And they stare. Gross. I have accidentally crossed a few nude beaches and I have seen some nudist documentaries and they were all behaving and looking gross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology