U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-09-2011, 02:28 PM
 
Location: So Cal
38,750 posts, read 37,911,931 times
Reputation: 39566

Advertisements

Jim and the twins need a little support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-09-2011, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
27,448 posts, read 17,619,243 times
Reputation: 39933
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
We're both ladies, but she is very comfortable with her sexuality and nakedness
Personally, within reason, I have no problems with others nakedness. Within reason varies from person to person.

If she is walking around buck naked when you come over and your uncomfortable, it seems reasonable for you to say something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2011, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Nashville, Tn
7,916 posts, read 16,394,895 times
Reputation: 5442
Many years ago when I lived on the top floor of an apartment building there was a woman who lived in another apartment building across the parking lot. She would leave her curtains wide open even at night with the lights on and walk around naked almost everyday. She had to know that at least the top three floors of my four story building could see her but she did it anyway. I really don't see anything wrong with it if a person feels comfortable being naked in the privacy of their own home as long as they're discreet about it. In her case I think she was putting herself at risk for a possible rape or some kind of trouble and I think it would be extremely unusual for a young woman not to consider her own safety. But as far as anyone else in their own home I suspect that it's very common and I wouldn't think much about it at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2011, 02:47 PM
 
116 posts, read 152,829 times
Reputation: 61
I couldn't be a nudist. Even so, I went to a nude beach last summer. Strange, but very fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2011, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
21,464 posts, read 22,692,102 times
Reputation: 45134
What they do in their own home is nobody's business, though I'd hope they'd put a towel down on the couch before sitting down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2011, 03:42 PM
 
2,732 posts, read 2,981,307 times
Reputation: 1959
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
I have a friend who loves to strut around naked at home..What do you think of people like that (who are comfortable being naked infront of others)?

ie- could be locker-room situations, nude beaches, etc
They must feel they look good and are confident about it. I know my body looks good being that I run and lift weights so I LOVE looking at myself in the mirror naked, and I like it that women lust after my body!

With that said I'm never comfortable being naked around other MEN, say in a locker room or something. It's just awkward, I don't want to see another mans junk, and I don't want him to look at mine either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2011, 03:45 PM
 
2,732 posts, read 2,981,307 times
Reputation: 1959
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
though I'd hope they'd put a towel down on the couch before sitting down.

Why? It's just touching skin that is the same as the back of your hand only softer..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2011, 03:48 PM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
27,448 posts, read 17,619,243 times
Reputation: 39933
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Why? It's just touching skin that is the same as the back of your hand only softer..
Snail trails....

Never needed in any context!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2011, 03:48 PM
 
2,732 posts, read 2,981,307 times
Reputation: 1959
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Many years ago when I lived on the top floor of an apartment building there was a woman who lived in another apartment building across the parking lot. She would leave her curtains wide open even at night with the lights on and walk around naked almost everyday. She had to know that at least the top three floors of my four story building could see her but she did it anyway. I really don't see anything wrong with it if a person feels comfortable being naked in the privacy of their own home as long as they're discreet about it. In her case I think she was putting herself at risk for a possible rape or some kind of trouble and I think it would be extremely unusual for a young woman not to consider her own safety. But as far as anyone else in their own home I suspect that it's very common and I wouldn't think much about it at all.
I was about to say the same thing... When I was about 14, me and my buddies use to scale the rooftops of row homes and peak in the skylights to get a laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2011, 03:52 PM
 
2,732 posts, read 2,981,307 times
Reputation: 1959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Snail trails....

Never needed in any context!

Not for me... I take a shower and WASH after every time I use the bathroom.

I think it's NASTY that people use toilet paper because you can never get clean. The only time I could not wash was when I had a 9-5, but now that I'm self employed I can take showers again.

Toilets should spray water up there for you... That's the only way you can get 100% clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top