Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2016, 02:14 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,229,478 times

Advertisements

I think the world would be happier, less up-tight place if more nudity were involved. Although wicker furniture might not be all that practical anymore. With leather, vinyl, or fabric, you can always keep a Chux dispenser in the living room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 02:17 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,957,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I think the world would be happier, less up-tight place if more nudity were involved. Although wicker furniture might not be all that practical anymore. With leather, vinyl, or fabric, you can always keep a Chux dispenser in the living room.
IDK... One would tend to stick to vinyl or leather or in the case of women... We might slide off.

Old 03-30-2016, 02:23 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Quote:
OMG so funny.

Old 03-30-2016, 02:24 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,372,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
IDK... One would tend to stick to vinyl or leather or in the case of women... We might slide off.
That's kind of my trip-up with people who hang out naked--you can wash sheets and towels, but how many people who sit bare-assed on their sofas and chairs are actually cleaning them off in some capacity?

Old 03-30-2016, 02:24 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
Quote:
I remember, I sat on wicker naked and when I got up, my butt looked like two baked hams, Lol.

Old 03-30-2016, 02:50 PM

914 posts, read 737,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's kind of my trip-up with people who hang out naked--you can wash sheets and towels, but how many people who sit bare-assed on their sofas and chairs are actually cleaning them off in some capacity?
This reminds me of the time when I shared an apartment with a friend, and ran into her and her boyfriend having sexy time in the living room. Already naked. On the fabric sofa. I was not impressed and decided not to sit in "that" spot for the rest of the tenancy

Old 03-30-2016, 02:57 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,957,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Do you think there is a double standard with changing in front of the opposite sex? I've changed in front of some female friends before and had no problem with it (I had to take my pants off to try their pants on). I know other guys that changed in front of these same female friends too. But when one of these females had to change and we were in the room, she went into the bathroom to change.

There's no " standard" it's just what people are comfortable with. Maybe she was just modest. I don't have an issue with nudity, but that's not to say that I'd just whip off my clothes in front of my guy friends.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:35 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,068,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I once walked into the garage completely naked, in order to greet my husband. I don't know who was more shocked, him, me, or the group of his friends that happened to show up after midnight, that evening.
I hope you lead workshops on successful relationships. Honestly, I do. Love your sharing this.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:02 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,183 times
Mod cut: off-topic.

I still like being naked. No one else likes me naked but that's a whole other ball of wax.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-31-2016 at 09:21 AM..

Old 03-30-2016, 07:09 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,522,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
I have a friend who loves to strut around naked at home..What do you think of people like that (who are comfortable being naked infront of others)?

ie- could be locker-room situations, nude beaches, etc
Oh my

Years ago I've been completely naked on Nikki beach ( a non nudist one ) in Marbella ( south of Spain ) for a few minutes after losing an argument with my " lovely " Italian ex.... And thought I'd wind her up!...

I was ushing her to go topless and she kept saying no, so I threatened to take my shorts off if she didn't LOL. Now thinking she wouldn't let me do it she perked up and called my bluff and said ok!...." Let's both do it at the same time "..... ,

Now I've [mod cut] obviously had to do it otherwise I'd never hear the end of it, so we did it and I could hear giggling behind us, next to us etc as they've obviously worked out what's happened LMAO!.

The lifegaurd " received a few complaints " and it didn't end well.........

It's not the sort of thing that's done regularly or ever infact but i can look back and laugh!, plus I had a great body back then but if i tried it now I'd probably get harpooned!!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-31-2016 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology