U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 06:40 AM

2 posts, read 927 times

Advertisements

My, significant other does something along them lines, we will start a conversation then he will stop I think he is done and ill try to have a real conversation with him, but then he gets mad and says he wasn't finished. Also, at times he'll say he knows what I was going to say, yeah he has been around me long enough to know what I was going to say, but it is demeaning to have him cut you off just because he wants to hear himself talk. There is a type of person in this world where no one left them to figure **** out as a child.

My significant other has a Thing Cal BPD Boarder Personality Disorder where he is easily angry and is always right, and when he is down he always wants to end the relationship. He doesn't notice he is like this, and it is hard and it does take patents, he use to not want to touch me and now when he pulls away he sees it hurts, and he now attempts to apologize. for some types it takes time for some to understand what they are doing. Others are just dick bags and need taught they can't be that way.

Rude and Ignorant are different things ladies and gent's make sure they know what they are doing before you lash back. Very important because some people with BPD will just leave if they feel like the relationship is going to end anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 06:54 AM

2 posts, read 927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Quick View Post
What if it's a woman who won't let you say anything? It makes me like a sponge. I'm holding in so much I'm waiting to say, I just want to say it all in one breath how I'm bottled up feeling like my words are insignificant. Like that sponge, when it's full of water, soon it'll drip. Trying to find ways to wring myself out before it begins to pour.

Sit em down and tell them you love them but they need to listen, then give them a chance talk insert what they need to say, like wise don't let them take over the conversation let them know if they do start leading it, tell them they aren't letting you talk like you asked, and keep conversation on track not back to 2003 unless it relevant and once conversation happens once about something don't bring it up again, good rule for both sides. Now no promises this will work, but you got to develop a way for you guys to understand each other and know when the other one wants to speak.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:04 AM

208 posts, read 232,179 times
For the most part, people don't change. Next time he threatens to end the relationship, call his bluff. If you can't stand not being able to communicate, you should end it

Old 08-27-2017, 07:20 AM

2,079 posts, read 1,719,411 times
One of my exes, who is now a good friend of mine, used to interrupt me all the time when I was talking. I brought his attention to it each time he did it, without fail, and he eventually stopped. To this day he is careful not to interrupt me. Something like that only works if the other person cares and has respect for other people. Right now I have some people in my life that couldn't care less about other people and just run right over them. My mother is one of these people, and my neighbor is another one. I used to deal with it by letting it slide and then dealing with my stress by drinking excessively. I am now four months sober and damned if I am going to put up with their garbage. Therefore, I have been avoiding them, and if they want to know why, I will be only too happy to tell them. I don't care what their problem is and I am no longer going to make excuses for their behavior. They are toxic people to be around. They are both domineering, overbearing, rude, thoughtless, and just treat the people around them like crap. If you can, the best solution is just to get them out of your lives. There are what, seven billion people in the world? I am sure that I can go out and meet some that are not determined to be giant jackasses.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:40 AM

364 posts, read 213,146 times
I once dated a conversation hog a few times.

I told him to stop interrupting me when it was my turn to talk. One time at dinner, I told him to stop interrupting. He did it again, so I took my cloth napkin and shoved it in his mouth.

People like this can go talk to the mirror and leave the rest of us to have interesting conversations with each other.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:18 AM

1,095 posts, read 389,361 times
I work with one. I can never get a word in and if I get fed up and just not try to respond at all, she gets mad and ignores me for a week. I just can't win.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:16 PM

72,663 posts, read 64,111,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaduced View Post
For the most part, people don't change. Next time he threatens to end the relationship, call his bluff. If you can't stand not being able to communicate, you should end it
This. @Sherriez, I see no reason to nurture a relationship with someone who has BPD. The sooner you move on, the better, for your own peace of mind.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
I work with one. I can never get a word in and if I get fed up and just not try to respond at all, she gets mad and ignores me for a week. I just can't win.
This sounds like a blessing, all things considered.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:19 PM

3,022 posts, read 1,986,421 times
Yes. My ex-friend I've discussed here (the 60-y.o. widow). She almost never let me get a word in edgewise. I'd start to describe something, she'd cut me off with, "That's not important right now..." or something to that effect.

Obviously, I've move on.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Yes. My ex-friend I've discussed here (the 60-y.o. widow). She almost never let me get a word in edgewise. I'd start to describe something, she'd cut me off with, "That's not important right now..." or something to that effect.

Obviously, I've move on.
WOW! I've never run into anyone quite that bad, who would outright state that anything you want to say couldn't possibly be important!

So, you've moved on, I hope?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or