U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 01:48 PM

326 posts, read 704,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Are you sure that they are disorders?
Thats what they say
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 05:05 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,453,950 times
Really, Tweety, the fastest and best way for you to heal is to go to a mental health clinic were they could help you decide whether you have any type of mental illness or just feeling odd at your age.

I realize you don't have anyone to help you in your family but you need to reach out and figure out what is going on with you and then you can be successful in life, work and other aspects of your life.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:10 PM

42,837 posts, read 77,122,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I'm a normal!
How do you dare take away from Big Pharma's profits, Rance?! Imagine how their lil' children will cry if the Christmas bonus is not enough to have a helicopter each and they need to share one!

Old 05-24-2011, 05:18 PM

7,144 posts, read 12,734,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybird11208 View Post
Thats what they say
Which test did you take? I do this stuff for a living and can give you the scoop on whether it's garbage or not. If it's an online survey, it's crap.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:32 PM

8,175 posts, read 14,256,731 times
Oh, Tweety, I'm so sorry. Are you in hiding? If you are all those disorders rolled into one, then someone is searching for you. They are coming to take you away, ha ha, he he, they're coming to take you away.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:06 PM

I believe right now, that Tweety is uncomfortable in her own skin. She doesn't have self-confidence or self-worth because of her upbringing. She has no one to really guide her in her young life. I feel for her. She really does need someone to take her under their wings and help her grow as a person.

Could she be mentally ill? Of course she could. It's hard to say. But do I think she's all those disorders that she's claiming to have. NO.

Tweety, I hope you won't go to your friends or school friends and declare yourself with all these disorders to get understanding or pity. It will backfire on you.

What you need to do is find someone in the mental health profession and ask for them to help you. There are all kinds of free clinics and fee scale clinics.

I think the best thing for you is to talk to a therapist. You need guidance in not only how you feel but what is appropriate behavior since you were not taught. I really, really hope you go for therapy because this could be the answer that you need. You just need to unload all your feelings. I hope you are able to find professional help.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I believe right now, that Tweety is uncomfortable in her own skin. She doesn't have self-confidence or self-worth because of her upbringing. She has no one to really guide her in her young life. I feel for her. She really does need someone to take her under their wings and help her grow as a person.

Could she be mentally ill? Of course she could. It's hard to say. But do I think she's all those disorders that she's claiming to have. NO.

Tweety, I hope you won't go to your friends or school friends and declare yourself with all these disorders to get understanding or pity. It will backfire on you.

What you need to do is find someone in the mental health profession and ask for them to help you. There are all kinds of free clinics and fee scale clinics.

I think the best thing for you is to talk to a therapist. You need guidance in not only how you feel but what is appropriate behavior since you were not taught. I really, really hope you go for therapy because this could be the answer that you need. You just need to unload all your feelings. I hope you are able to find professional help.
I love you donie1 you're always looking out for me. And the bolded part is so true im lost in this world

Old 05-24-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
I love you donie1 you're always looking out for me. And the bolded part is so true im lost in this world
I know you are Tweety and I wished you lived closer to me. I would take you under my wings.

I was you 20 years ago so I understand you. You are a sensitive person in a hostile environment. You need to find a safe place for yourself so that you can grow and mature as you should.

As I recall, you're going to college now, correct? Is there a mental health clinic there? If so, see if you can go there and see if they have therapy services for free. Also look up the mental health clinics in your area and see if they have any free or fee scale clinics.

You just need someone where you live to help you get past your awkward stage and help you move on with the hurts that you've had in life.

There is someone out there that cares about you. Just reach out and find them.

Keep in touch or send me a DM.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I know you are Tweety and I wished you lived closer to me. I would take you under my wings.

I was you 20 years ago so I understand you. You are a sensitive person in a hostile environment. You need to find a safe place for yourself so that you can grow and mature as you should.

As I recall, you're going to college now, correct? Is there a mental health clinic there? If so, see if you can go there and see if they have therapy services for free. Also look up the mental health clinics in your area and see if they have any free or fee scale clinics.

You just need someone where you live to help you get past your awkward stage and help you move on with the hurts that you've had in life.

There is someone out there that cares about you. Just reach out and find them.

Keep in touch or send me a DM.
Thanks & I will !

Old 05-26-2011, 02:35 AM

11,076 posts, read 7,182,443 times
Quote:
Thats what they say

Far too often people are given labels, sometimes this is justified, but often not.

If a test were devised for “normal” people, then a great number more flaws would probably become apparent.

It’s all about perspective, and the reasons for these tests.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or