U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 05:58 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,552,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I'd imagine like Bartleby the scrivener.
I would prefer not to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 07:24 AM

5,273 posts, read 11,907,338 times
I think I know what you mean. There are some signs of people with no personality. The #1 sign is that they like to post on internet message boards. Very disturbing!

Anyway, everyone has a soul. Therefore, it stands to reason that everyone has a 'personality'. You've shown one here. See? Problem solved.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:14 AM

24,671 posts, read 55,557,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybird11208 View Post
I have been told I have none.
That's cryptic. Who told you and how? Were you talking with a friend or acquaintance who out of the blue looked at you and said, "You know what, tweetybird, you have no personality"? Did you respond and ask why this was said?

"You don't have a personality" is something which doesn't just suddenly pop up in conversation ...

Old 07-01-2011, 08:33 AM

8,004 posts, read 9,653,945 times
Quote:
Either the person who told you this was simply being mean and saying, "I don't like being around you.", or they were saying, "We have nothing in common". Some people really suck at saying what they mean. Your best recourse is to ask them to clarify their statement. It's already been said, and it's TRUE, that everyone has a personality. Some people might not LIKE your personality, but you still have one.

I'm with Crisan. Tell us a little bit more about yourself. What do you like to do with your free time? Do you work? Are you in school? What are your hobbies? Were you homeschooled? Are you insecure? Shy? Overbearing? Loud? Giggly? Quiet? (and why?). If you want some answers and help, it's important to throw a little bit more information out here.

Again, the person who told you that you have no personality is clearly lacking in communication skills if all they told you was, "You have no personality". I mean....WTH does that even MEAN!? LOL

Old 07-01-2011, 09:37 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,832,801 times
I think they meant they find nothing likeable in your personality...insulting but not true that you have no personality.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:41 AM

2,788 posts, read 4,236,551 times
Quote:

No sense of humor..very boring...Im sorry..

Old 07-01-2011, 01:53 PM

326 posts, read 703,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
No sense of humor..very boring...Im sorry..
Yep, thats me

Old 07-01-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poletop1 View Post
I think they meant they find nothing likeable in your personality...insulting but not true that you have no personality.
That could be true too

Old 07-01-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Either the person who told you this was simply being mean and saying, "I don't like being around you.", or they were saying, "We have nothing in common". Some people really suck at saying what they mean. Your best recourse is to ask them to clarify their statement. It's already been said, and it's TRUE, that everyone has a personality. Some people might not LIKE your personality, but you still have one.

I'm with Crisan. Tell us a little bit more about yourself. What do you like to do with your free time? Do you work? Are you in school? What are your hobbies? Were you homeschooled? Are you insecure? Shy? Overbearing? Loud? Giggly? Quiet? (and why?). If you want some answers and help, it's important to throw a little bit more information out here.

Again, the person who told you that you have no personality is clearly lacking in communication skills if all they told you was, "You have no personality". I mean....WTH does that even MEAN!? LOL
In my free time I like to dance and workout, I don't work at the moment still trying to find a job. I am in college and yes I am shy and insecure. The funny thing is I used to live in NY, and used to be loud and social and ahd friends....but when I moved down south I felt alienated and became boring and closed off.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
I think I know what you mean. There are some signs of people with no personality. The #1 sign is that they like to post on internet message boards. Very disturbing!

Anyway, everyone has a soul. Therefore, it stands to reason that everyone has a 'personality'. You've shown one here. See? Problem solved.
You are right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or