Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 02:00 PM

326 posts, read 813,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
I find that hard to believe. Could there be some disorder that causes this?

My opinion, for what it is worth, is that you would show a lot of personality, when among the right people.

I'm at my best with people of ideas. People who's main interest is the accumulation of things or gossip about people they barely know, would likely say that I and people I enjoy associating with have no personality but they would be wrong. People often say that about others who they have difficulty mingling with.
Anti-social personality disorder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 02:03 PM

326 posts, read 813,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
That sucks. You must feel very hurt.

Could you tell me a little more about yourself, like your likes and dislikes? What is something you are good at?
I don't know anything interesting that i am good at

Old 07-01-2011, 02:32 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,936,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybird11208 View Post
Anti-social personality disorder?
No. That's people who have no empathy for others and enjoy risky behaviors.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:34 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Does not have hobbies, very limited sense of humor, does not seek a multitude of activities, does not make small talk, very shy, and usually engages in a lot of group think and collectivism to please the group. They might not even have empathy which contributes to the aura that the person has no personality.

Quote:
I have been told I have none.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:35 PM

538 posts, read 1,521,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
But, just for entertainment purposes, I'll describe one of my ex's old co-workers. He was handsome--looked like a Ken doll as my ex described him. When ex tried to engage him in conversation, he could find absolutely no topic that the man was interested in. He didn't like movies, music, food, hobbies, entertainment of any kind. He wasn't interested in the job, and had no sense of humor--all jokes went completely over his head. He was like an automaton. He brought the same peanut butter and jelly sandwich and red delicious apple for lunch every day and had no vices. One day the ex got exasperated and said, "Well what do you like to do then? I've asked you about nearly everything!" The man didn't even get offended, but he thought for a minute and then said, "I like to mow the lawn." !!
Sounds like my brother's girlfriend. Completely dull, no personality, no interests, can't get a joke, can't have a conversation. But she's totally hot and her shirts show off her tiny boobs, so he's totally into her and thinks she's really amazing...

Old 07-01-2011, 02:39 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post
Sounds like my brother's girlfriend. Completely dull, no personality, no interests, can't get a joke, can't have a conversation. But she's totally hot and her shirts show off her tiny boobs, so he's totally into her and thinks she's really amazing...
Hmmm....Does your brother feel about his girl the way you do? Is he attracted to her at all, or feels that she does not have a "personality"? How come he is dating such a "dull" woman?

Old 07-01-2011, 02:40 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
Quote:
I don't know anything interesting that i am good at
It kind of sounds like you're depressed. That could make you seem withdrawn and without much to say. You said you were more outgoing before, so obviously you do "have a personality".
I agree with the others that that's a lousy thing to say to someone. Must have come from someone with a nasty personality.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:41 PM

I cannot stand people like that. Although, they seem to be in the majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post

Old 07-01-2011, 02:42 PM

People get into lousy relationships all the time and they stay in them for the sex and foreplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Hmmm....Does your brother feel about his girl the way you do? Is he attracted to her at all, or feels that she does not have a "personality"? How come he is dating such a "dull" woman?

Old 07-01-2011, 02:43 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
I have been told I have none.
I think you have one because, as previously stated by others, you can't be entirely absent of one. I think that whoever said that to you was really trying to say that you and he/her don't have compatible personalities.

[unless you're Mr. Spock]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology