U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 09:09 AM

28,906 posts, read 45,235,124 times

Advertisements

I don't know. I've never noticed one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 12:53 PM

8,021 posts, read 6,230,331 times
A person with no personality is a person who actually does have a personality but isn't going to share themselves with any random person or the entire world for that matter. No they maybe quiet and reserved and will only share themselves with people they can trust, people that don't judge them, people who share their interest and values with them. So ultimately its about being around others that get you before you're willing to just open yourself to them I see nothing wrong with that.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:32 PM

326 posts, read 704,441 times
you guys are really sweet thank you for all the kind posts!

Old 07-12-2011, 03:53 PM

1,610 posts, read 3,505,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybird11208 View Post
I have been told I have none.
That means they just don't like the one you have... dull? complete conformist?

Everyone has a personality not all personalities are good ones.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:00 PM

346 posts, read 403,490 times
Quote:
In my free time I like to dance and workout, I don't work at the moment still trying to find a job. I am in college and yes I am shy and insecure. The funny thing is I used to live in NY, and used to be loud and social and ahd friends....but when I moved down south I felt alienated and became boring and closed off.
I think that person was being mean, or just didn't get to know you well. I think you do have personality, but you are "shy and closed off." So to me, that doesn't mean "no personality", it means you just aren't comfortable showing your true personality to many people like you did at home. Find some people you're comfortable with that you can be yourself around. There are nice people everywhere. And eff the person who said this about you and don't let it get to you.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:34 PM

8,004 posts, read 9,671,359 times
Quote:
you guys are really sweet thank you for all the kind posts!
You're welcome tweetybird....and remember, it's not the quantity of friends you have, but rather the quality of the friends you DO have. Now git out there and have fun, stay out of trouble....and SHINE! LOL

Old 07-12-2011, 06:15 PM

346 posts, read 403,490 times
Some jerk once said this about me many years ago. It really hurt me and had be feeling pretty bad about myself. Funny what one stupid comment can do if you let it. Turns out, I actually have personality- mine just didn't mesh with this person's...he was rude, judgmental and immature- I felt very uncomfortable around him and didn't say much, hence the "no-personality". I started hanging around better people, now have many friends and no one would accuse me of that!

Beachmel is right- it IS the quality, not quantity of friends that matters.

Same thing with being told, "you're so quiet." A good reply is, "No, I'm just not talkin' to you."

Old 07-12-2011, 06:56 PM

8,004 posts, read 9,671,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catnip8056 View Post
Some jerk once said this about me many years ago. It really hurt me and had be feeling pretty bad about myself. Funny what one stupid comment can do if you let it. Turns out, I actually have personality- mine just didn't mesh with this person's...he was rude, judgmental and immature- I felt very uncomfortable around him and didn't say much, hence the "no-personality". I started hanging around better people, now have many friends and no one would accuse me of that!

Beachmel is right- it IS the quality, not quantity of friends that matters.

Same thing with being told, "you're so quiet." A good reply is, "No, I'm just not talkin' to you."
(((((Hugs))))) Catnip, I love that and it's so true. "You're so quiet!" "No, I'm just not talking to YOU!" Oh too darn funny..and boy did you bring back some memories with that one. Rude, obnoxious, backstabbing, shallow, fake, people have always irritated the crap out of me....NOT worth my time. I am an incredibly sociable and friendly person, but there have been a few occasions where I have heard those words, "You're so QUIET. Is everything okay?" Oh heavens, the pain I've inflicted upon my tongue, from biting back the words, "I'm FINE. I'm just IGNORING you in the hope that you'll get tired of trying to carry on a conversation with ME! I can't STAND you! That's why I'm not TALKING to you. Now GO AWAY!!"

Fortunately, "I'm fine"...said in a deadpan tone of voice and no further conversation, usually works and they usually get the hint. LOL

Old 07-12-2011, 08:07 PM

3,271 posts, read 5,894,374 times
You have a personality, you're smart enough not to show it around every Tom, Dick and Harry. Who you are is your personality. Tweetybird, those people are idiots. Pay no mind to them because they aren't people you want around anyway, so it's in your best interest they told you what they did. You're responsibility is to be yourself, regardless of whether others like it or not. You don't live to please others.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:11 PM

5,216 posts, read 7,932,732 times
The only thing that comes to mind is The Borg - from Star Trek. However, no living person without severe brain damage has NO personality, and OP sounds like she has plenty - though perhaps low-key. It's not necessary to share your inner self with everyone, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or