Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 08:32 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times

Advertisements

No, this is great. Now I have a scale on which to grade the thoughtfulness and credibility of anything you ever post on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 08:37 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I am Also it is interesting the way that homophobia is put on the same par with racism. I simply do not endorse the pro-gay lifestyle -- in fact I think of homos*xuality as a s*xually-deviant behavioral disorder. I am "anti-homos*xual lifestyle", not "homophobic".
Make no mistake buddy - you ARE homophobic and displaying my main intolerable personality trait; bigotry.

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Passive-aggressive people.

You can never win arguments.

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Any way, speaking of my funny husband. I come home from work and he tells me he has bad news. Our expensive vacuum cleaner isn't working. His mom bought it for us as a house warming present 2 years ago. Yes, we've beat the hell out of it, but for $250 I expect more than 2 years. He lets me know that he fixed our old vacuum. That $60 piece of junk didn't vacuum well and the handle always comes off. He warns me that he used tape and a magic marker to fix it. Ahh, here it is.

I'm not quite sure what purpose the magic marker serves, but it's apparently necessary. He has me crying in laughter right now.

In the mean time, I found this site and will attempt to fix our other vacuum.
Fer several lustrum i've had a 'Fantom Lightning' vacuum (with Hepa filter). It works reel well. She has great suction. www.fantom.com

Old 07-08-2011, 08:38 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No, this is great. Now I have a scale on which to grade the thoughtfulness and credibility of anything you ever post on here.
Fantastic...so now you're effectively demonizing me, for merely having the audacity to state that I do not approve of militant homos*xuality For merely having an opinion that you do not happen to like...wow...

Your call though...

Old 07-08-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Make no mistake buddy - you ARE homophobic and displaying my main intolerable personality trait; bigotry.
Racism = bigotry.

Being non pro-gay is hardly bigotry. I don't "hate" gay ppl. I just disapprove of their s*xual conduct. Totally different scenario.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Racism = bigotry.

Being non pro-gay is hardly bigotry. I don't "hate" gay ppl. I just disapprove of their s*xual conduct. Totally different scenario.
Racism/ sexism/ homophobia all = bigotry. A really, really, REALLY unattractive and disgusting trait.

This is an absolute deal breaker for any kind of relationship/ friendship for me. You and I would have nothing to do with each other in real life. I'm sure we are both happy about that!

Old 07-08-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Racism/ sexism/ homophobia all = bigotry. A really, really, REALLY unattractive and disgusting trait.

This is an absolute deal breaker for any kind of relationship/ friendship for me. You and I would have nothing to do with each other in real life. I'm sure we are both happy about that!
Go back 20-30 years or further, and most reasonable ppl would disagree with you that "homophobia" constituted legitimate bigotry. The reality is, that is a recent view, and one strongly promoted by the pro-gay lobby. You are not looking at this in the historical context; only "what is", right now. "What is" is not the same as "what was".

You don't particularly like me? No worries, I can deal with that

Old 07-08-2011, 08:52 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What you described is not a personality trait. That's just a man.
Did I say it was only a matter of time until this post gets "very positive" rep?!

Old 07-08-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Go back 20-30 years or further, and most reasonable ppl would disagree with you that "homophobia" consituted legitimate bigotry. The reality is, that is a recent view, and one strongly promoted by the pro-gay lobby. You are not looking at this in the historical context; only "what is", right now. "What is" is not the same as "what was".

You don't particularly like me? No worries, I can deal with that
Yeah, go back a bit further and slavery was just fine too. Killing people based on their religious beliefs was perfectly acceptable too. If we're looking at 'historically' then being a racist, homophobic, bigot was just fine. Perhaps you were born in the wrong period of time?

Whatever, there is no reasoning with people such as yourself. <<Shudder>>.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology