U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-06-2011, 04:54 PM
 
19,081 posts, read 21,191,700 times
Reputation: 13392

Advertisements

What drives your impatience? For me, it's when a person panics, crazily panics imo, when faced with a bit of chaos. My dh recently cut his finger pretty deep and his reaction was very dramatic. He could have been auditioning for a part in a play. He does not like blood, guts, etc. Who does? He loves zombie movies, but he won't watch discovery health. It freaks him out. I get it. We all have our things. I have mine. Any way, I called my dad about 20 minutes into it when I was on my way to the CVS for supplies. When I get back my darling is still going at it. I told him to cut the crap and chill out. My dad did not like that and told me to, no demanded, that I do my wifely duties lol. I did of course, tho, my dh says I suck as a nurse. Clearly, if he were shooting blood all over the place, or lost the finger, he'd be at the emergency room.

I'm sure I sound heartless, but panic does something to my brain. I don't like it. It's not my way.

So, how about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-06-2011, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,837 posts, read 77,102,498 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
What drives your impatience? For me, it's when a person panics, crazily panics imo, when faced with a bit of chaos. My dh recently cut his finger pretty deep and his reaction was very dramatic. He could have been auditioning for a part in a play. He does not like blood, guts, etc. Who does? He loves zombie movies, but he won't watch discovery health. It freaks him out. I get it. We all have our things. I have mine. Any way, I called my dad about 20 minutes into it when I was on my way to the CVS for supplies. When I get back my darling is still going at it. I told him to cut the crap and chill out. My dad did not like that and told me to, no demanded, that I do my wifely duties lol. I did of course, tho, my dh says I suck as a nurse. Clearly, if he were shooting blood all over the place, or lost the finger, he'd be at the emergency room.

I'm sure I sound heartless, but panic does something to my brain. I don't like it. It's not my way.

So, how about you?
What you described is not a personality trait. That's just a man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2011, 04:58 PM
 
19,081 posts, read 21,191,700 times
Reputation: 13392
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What you described is not a personality trait. That's just a man.
Damn, I just repped you for something else. What's interesting is that I know he would not have reacted that way at work. It's just for me. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2011, 04:58 PM
 
12,422 posts, read 14,547,993 times
Reputation: 14093
I don't take kindly to panic myself....thanks for the laugh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2011, 05:01 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,837 posts, read 77,102,498 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Damn, I just repped you for something else. What's interesting is that I know he would not have reacted that way at work. It's just for me. lol
Sick men are just such a pleasure to be around!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2011, 05:01 PM
 
2,502 posts, read 3,036,469 times
Reputation: 1771
Let's see.

Bossy, demanding or controlling attitudes are total turn-offs; Nitpicky guys are also turn-offs; a man with multiple personalities is a turn-off; crybabies (no this does not mean that I don't want him showing any emotions) are a turn-off; hypocritical guys are also a turn-off; sleazy womanizing players are also a huuuuuuuugggeee turn off!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2011, 05:03 PM
 
12,422 posts, read 14,547,993 times
Reputation: 14093
so wise for so young
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2011, 05:05 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, TX
9,397 posts, read 13,232,718 times
Reputation: 6219
Pathological narcissists **** me off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2011, 05:06 PM
 
19,081 posts, read 21,191,700 times
Reputation: 13392
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Pathological narcissists **** me off.
I don't know if that's a trait (maybe), but a condition or perhaps a personality in its entirety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2011, 05:06 PM
 
2,502 posts, read 3,036,469 times
Reputation: 1771
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
so wise for so young
Was that for the OP or me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top