U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 08:04 PM

16,704 posts, read 18,933,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
How Did You Score?
Your results indicate a complete failure on emotional intelligence.

What Does Your Score Mean?
People with extremely low scores on emotional intelligence tend to be very poor at interpreting, understanding, and acting upon emotions. They usually have a lot of social or emotional conflicts, poor attempts at expressing their feelings, and dealing with emotional situations.

It's important to remember that no matter how low your score is, there is some chance to improve your emotional intelligence, although for you it is very slim. Consider areas where you are not as strong and think of ways that you can learn and grow. Take stock of your strong points and find ways to continue to develop and apply these skills, you loser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 02:17 PM

7,497 posts, read 9,289,017 times
Huh. I rated above-average. I never would've guessed.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:28 PM

8,882 posts, read 13,858,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Well, there ya go! I'm sure many on this forum would disagree lol.
I scored the same, and I'm probably in the same boat as you here. Nyeh.
*raspberries*

Old 07-27-2011, 07:33 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,835,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
The importance of emotional intelligence is largely overlooked, if you ask me. People think book-smarts is enough ...
It depends what you want out of life.

If you want anything that requires intellect, then knowing the differences between intelligence and skills is a start.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:34 PM

27,595 posts, read 17,689,431 times
How Did You Score?
Your results indicate a high score on emotional intelligence.

People who score high on emotional intelligence tend to be skilled at interpreting, understanding, and acting upon emotions. They are adept at dealing with social or emotional conflicts, expressing their feelings, and dealing with emotional situations.

It's important to remember that no matter how good your score is, there is always room to improve your emotional intelligence. Consider areas where you are not as strong and think of ways that you can learn and grow. Take stock of your strong points and find ways to continue to develop and apply these skills.

Which only proves the test is defective.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:35 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,835,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Critical thinking without emotional intelligence is woefully inadequate. You need emotional intelligence if you're going to successfully interact with other human beings.
How do you explain so many sadists, bullies, dictators, and other sociopaths who find so much success in societies?

Old 07-27-2011, 07:36 PM

19,081 posts, read 21,213,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I scored the same, and I'm probably in the same boat as you here. Nyeh.
*raspberries*
I'm sure you are deemed as a nice internet personality. Not so much on my end.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:50 PM

8,882 posts, read 13,858,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm sure you are deemed as a nice internet personality. Not so much on my end.
Bah. I think you're great! Anyone who doesn't must be emotionally unintelligent.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:51 PM

5,414 posts, read 7,634,180 times
Quote:
[SIZE=2]Emotional Intelligence Test[/SIZE]

How Did You Score?
Your results indicate a high score on emotional intelligence.

People who score high on emotional intelligence tend to be skilled at interpreting, understanding, and acting upon emotions. They are adept at dealing with social or emotional conflicts, expressing their feelings, and dealing with emotional situations.

It's important to remember that no matter how good your score is, there is always room to improve your emotional intelligence. Consider areas where you are not as strong and think of ways that you can learn and grow. Take stock of your strong points and find ways to continue to develop and apply these skills.
this is my result.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:55 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,457,369 times
Your results indicate an above average score on emotional intelligence.

People with a better than average score on emotional intelligence tend to be good at interpreting, understanding, and acting upon emotions. They are usually quite good at dealing with social or emotional conflicts, expressing their feelings, and dealing with emotional situations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or