U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 08:23 AM

15,908 posts, read 9,654,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
i swear, it seems every person who's got an abrasive personality has more success with people than folks like me. not just success with women but people in general. for instance one of my housemates is a bit of a total prick to everybody (though I'd say we're friends with each other), yet girls are all over him and people confide in him when they want to talk about personal problems. what the ****?!?!?!? why the hell is it that it's always people like that who seem to attract folks?

i should just start being a douche to every single person I meet. maybe that'll work. god damn it.

yes this is a somewhat alcohol-fueled post.

Hey Hurricane... hang in there. Remember that it's easier to attract more flies with honey, than with vinegar. Besides, you can only be a douchebag for so long before it catches up with you. Karma can be a b***!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 08:26 AM

15,908 posts, read 9,654,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
Nice guys usually have a small penis, so women don't want anything to do with them.

Not true. I think a lot of alpha male types are the way they are because of a thing called penis envy.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:14 AM

3,269 posts, read 4,666,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
for instance one of my housemates is a bit of a total prick to everybody (though I'd say we're friends with each other), yet girls are all over him
those women want to be the one to "change" him. he is a challenge to them. i'm sure this was said already. sorry i jump into this thread late

Old 06-02-2012, 11:27 AM

1,352 posts, read 1,214,022 times
Sure, "bad boys" can and do attract women...but when it comes to their ability to maintain successful long-term relationships where both partners are mutually happy and satisfied...their batting average ain't that good.

It's possible to be nice...and at the same time exciting, interesting, assertive and willing to stand up for yourself and your beliefs. These things can generate interest and attraction from others. Be that guy. It's OK to live a little.

Don't be the nice and boring guy. Many genuinely nice people come across as mundane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or