Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 11:50 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,686,075 times

Advertisements

i swear, it seems every person who's got an abrasive personality has more success with people than folks like me. not just success with women but people in general. for instance one of my housemates is a bit of a total prick to everybody (though I'd say we're friends with each other), yet girls are all over him and people confide in him when they want to talk about personal problems. what the ****?!?!?!? why the hell is it that it's always people like that who seem to attract folks?

i should just start being a douche to every single person I meet. maybe that'll work. god damn it.

yes this is a somewhat alcohol-fueled post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 11:54 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Not all a@@hole s get the credit.

I posted in my blog about my MIL and my newphew.

Sometimes ordinary people do great things and surprise us... they are our unsung hero's.

Hurricane.... not all a@@holes get away with there shyt in life...... trust me on this one...........

Old 09-17-2011, 11:58 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,192,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
i swear, it seems every person who's got an abrasive personality has more success with people than folks like me. not just success with women but people in general. for instance one of my housemates is a bit of a total prick to everybody (though I'd say we're friends with each other), yet girls are all over him and people confide in him when they want to talk about personal problems. what the ****?!?!?!? why the hell is it that it's always people like that who seem to attract folks?

i should just start being a douche to every single person I meet. maybe that'll work. god damn it.

LOL, I was gonna say that it sounded a little alcohol-fueled, even without the disclaimer. Don't worry, I'm drinkin' tonight too

It's because people take good things for granted. We want everything now, now, now, so the girl that wants a great man but picks the ******* is just setting you on a backburner because she knows you're too nice to turn her down when she wants to be treated like a real person instead of a walking masturbation aid. It's the douchey confidence that gets them, instead of trying to lure them with honey.

What I've discovered is that instead of being too nice or too douchey, a mix of both gets me in the door everywhere. Try it sometime. Being too nice makes you a doormat. Being an ******* makes you "that guy" and only good for a booty call or perhaps good for a round of drinks. It can be difficult finding the medium in between, but with practice you'll get it.

I know it gets frustrating, but still... continue being a decent person because eventually you will find that it is not worth compromising yourself just for some tail. You seem like a good person and once you start corrupting yourself (like I have) to be more desirable to the fairer sex, it's hard going back.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:04 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,798,905 times
Quote:

Total prick on what sense? Are we talking about teasing and being funny+cocky?

Are you an exciting? What makes a guy hang out with you?

I would not hang out with a boring and nice person.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:17 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,262,835 times
It's all about energy and passion. When people are too nice, they can appear not to care, REALLY care, about anything. That may not be the case at all, but that's how they can appear.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:59 AM

597 posts, read 1,026,549 times
Nice guys usually have a small penis, so women don't want anything to do with them.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:02 AM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
Nice guys usually have a small penis, so women don't want anything to do with them.
Hey.... let the small dicks thing go... otherwise you sound like a dyckhead.

I let it go the first time you said it... man the f&ck up and shut up.....

women dont want to hear that ****...
yeah, a little rough love.. but its the truth...

Old 09-18-2011, 01:03 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,192,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
I'd post pictures to disprove this ridiculous statement, but I would prefer to remain an active poster on C-D. Also, the people who talk the most about small penises usually own one themselves

Old 09-18-2011, 01:28 AM

2,918 posts, read 5,605,540 times
nice guys are generally boring people

Old 09-18-2011, 06:18 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,402,538 times
Quote:

A lot of young people will buy into a bs facade, for one simple reason: it works. But the older you get you'll start to see it work less and less; full fledged grown ups see it for the cowardice that it is. Some people truly live by the adage: "A strong offense is the best defense." As you get older, get out of school, get out in the world, you'll notice that people are much less often fooled by that kind of thing. This is when guys like you, more sincere and mature by nature, will begin to separate themselves from the pack and be more appreciated. This will show itself in the professional arena first, where you'll have a better shot at being judged by merit alone.

You just need to hang in there. Trust me. The best is yet to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology