U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2011, 12:15 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,127,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
That's good--IF it's really how you feel. Quite a change from your original post. But if you're just suppressing it, it could erupt without warning. If you're just trying to convince yourself, go with a different therapist. I can't imagine a therapist saying what you say they did. They had to have missed a lot of class time to do so, or maybe graduated at the bottom of their class.

I was bullied both at home and school a lot as well and I rarely think of it or them. I don't give them that much power and importance in my life. On the rare occasions I do think of them, I picture them regretting their actions and trying to make up for it by helping others who are bullied get through it.
i know because of this I missed a lot of class time. i was so scared to go to school that i failed a whole grade and had to take summer school. and you're right. all i know is if people try and bully me in the future they're going to end up going down.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 12:17 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,332,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
i know because of this I missed a lot of class time. i was so scared to go to school that i failed a whole grade and had to take summer school. and you're right. all i know is if people try and bully me in the future they're going to end up going down.
Ugh Stay in therapy lest you end up throwing your life away to become like them.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:18 PM

43,858 posts, read 43,602,201 times
Revenge will make them feel justified.
Forgiving them in a note on their Facebook page will make them feel small.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:18 PM

8,938 posts, read 15,877,457 times
Grow up and move on

It sounds like you are able to take control of you life - so do it

Quit giving power to those who only live on in your past - shape your life for the better and if you want, do something contructive to help out those today who are going through similiar ordeals

I wouldn't give another minute of thought to any of them and move forward with your life

Old 11-15-2011, 12:19 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,127,233 times
[quote=Whyte Byrd;21723649]Ugh Stay in therapy lest you end up throwing your life away to become like them. [/QUOTEI

I am. i know i won't be like them because i've never bullied someone in my life and never will.

but therapy will continue and i'm looking forward to starting a new life in a new town within the next year.

the feelings i'm having are just feelings and i know i won't act on them, it's just very hard .

Old 11-15-2011, 12:24 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,852,586 times
Please don't lower yourself to their sub-standards. I'm hopeful that they too, have grown up and moved on. Stay in counseling, rise above those old memories, but, use them in a positive way, maybe head on down to the YMCA, adopt a brother, counsel kids about bullying, make a difference, a positive difference in someones life, be to kids what you wish you would have had in a an adult back then, be a shelter for some hurting, it will make a world of difference in how you feel, AND them. Good luck!

Old 11-15-2011, 12:30 PM

8,938 posts, read 15,877,457 times
Not to mention that you can have credibility as someone who as "walked the walk" and is coming out on the other side as an example for perseverence ....... don't waste any power that you've earned with some spiteful, momentary urge

I can assure you as someone who walked both sides of the line as a youngster that there is nothing really gratifying or lasting about taking revenge ........ in the heat of the moment it rarely solves anything - after such an elapsed period of time it just makes you seem petty and you'll have one of two reactions - you'll either find someone who has progressed since then and has turned their own life around and it's not much fun getting after that person ........ or you'll find someone who is still a jerk and most likely living with the current problems associated with that, showing back up after all those years will do nothing but give them a greater sense of power knowing the lasting impact they made

Old 11-15-2011, 12:51 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,136,165 times
I think that the more distance you have between what happened in the past and the present as today, it won't be important to you to seek revenge anymore.

I bet that many of those a-holes don't really even know why they shunned you.

It really sucks that the memories you have from your teen years are of being an outcast.

I was invisible in Jr. High, and High School. I was bullied in elementary school.

Today I can't even give a second thought to those losers who hated me.

They are so insignificant in my life. I can't and won't allow them to use any of my precious brain cells for a thought. They are that meaningless to me today.

You will get to that point one day also.

Until then, murder them in your mind 1,001 different ways. That way you can get away with it.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:11 PM

15,733 posts, read 22,810,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
this went on for me at home and every where i went for years. i now have complex PTSD because of it.

I'm at the point in my therapy where i'm starting to feel again after being emotionally numb and what i want is revenge.

I've worked out and gotten strong. I have been looking up these people on facebook and i have this urge to go and do something to them, like slash tires or challenge to a fight.

I know this is WRONG but i just have this strong URGE. i feel very angry

Have you talked to a therapist about your thoughts?

Carry thru, and you and your PTSD will be in jail with some guy named bubba abusing you like you've never been before.

You sound like someone you hear about on the 6'ocock news who went beserk on the innocent in a rage of anger and revenge.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:15 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,332,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Have you talked to a therapist about your thoughts?

Carry thru, and you and your PTSD will be in jail with some guy named bubba abusing you like you've never been before.

You sound like someone you hear about on the 6'ocock news who went beserk on the innocent in a rage of anger and revenge.
I've been thinking Harris and Klebold since post one. Be careful in fighting the monster that you don't become the monster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or