Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 03:45 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,955,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You know, a person who is a bully has his own inner demons. There was one guy in my school who was a terrible bully. He never picked on me or my friends because I had a backbone. But, as it turns out, he was such an a-hole that nobody liked him, and it was a habit he carried with him into adulthood. Drifted from bad relationship to bad relationship, job to job, until he shot himself.
Interesting choice of words. I was bullied for a time in school but I was far from spineless. I was a gentle-natured person, shy, and a bleeding-heart; I often felt sorry for bullies. I pictured them being bullied at home and taking it to school. Not always the case but like I said, I was a bleeding-heart. That didn't mean I had no backbone. I don't consider it of others either. Everyone has their own story and reasons for being. They're not always made up of our assumptions.

And it takes a helluva lot of indescribable pain to commit suicide. I hate bullying with a passion. One of my biggest passions, in fact. But I still have this little window in my soul that feels pity for the bully. Once a bleeding heart, always a bleeding heart, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 03:50 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,969,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Interesting choice of words. I was bullied for a time in school but I was far from spineless. I was a gentle-natured person, shy, and a bleeding-heart; I often felt sorry for bullies. I pictured them being bullied at home and taking it to school. Not always the case but like I said, I was a bleeding-heart. That didn't mean I had no backbone. I don't consider it of others either. Everyone has their own story and reasons for being. They're not always made up of our assumptions.

And it takes a helluva lot of indescribable pain to commit suicide. I hate bullying with a passion. One of my biggest passions, in fact. But I still have this little window in my soul that feels pity for the bully. Once a bleeding heart, always a bleeding heart, I guess.
Clarification. The one time he tried picking on me, I fought back. I was smaller than he, but I knew how to throw a punch. And every time he knocked me down I got back up again and threw another one. Eventually I knocked him on his ass a couple of times, which made him look pretty foolish. Sadly, bullies are simply looking for victims. And if you make it easy for them, they've found one.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:03 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,955,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Clarification. The one time he tried picking on me, I fought back. I was smaller than he, but I knew how to throw a punch. And every time he knocked me down I got back up again and threw another one. Eventually I knocked him on his ass a couple of times, which made him look pretty foolish. Sadly, bullies are simply looking for victims. And if you make it easy for them, they've found one.
Same here. I was literally shoved for six blocks walking home from school by one girl egged on by several of her closest friends until two blocks from home I could take it no more. Next shove, I punched her in the forehead. She hit the ground and came back up with a good size egg on her forehead. She shoved me again. I punched her again. She went down again and got back up again. LOL The only thing that probably saved me from then being jumped by the gang of girls for standing up for myself was my little brother, with whom I was walking til the first punch was thrown (he ran home to get my mom). My mom comes barreling around the corner in her car, jumped out and was yelling at ME--in front of them--for fighting. You sometimes just can't win no matter what. LOL

The point is, after that, the bullying didn't stop right away. I became a challenge for them.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:53 PM

541 posts, read 938,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
this went on for me at home and every where i went for years. i now have complex PTSD because of it.

I'm at the point in my therapy where i'm starting to feel again after being emotionally numb and what i want is revenge.

I've worked out and gotten strong. I have been looking up these people on facebook and i have this urge to go and do something to them, like slash tires or challenge to a fight.

I know this is WRONG but i just have this strong URGE. i feel very angry

I understand your want and need to get revenge and that you are freaking pissed off!! But seriously, Just let it go.... and move on. Enjoy life. You know these bullies are probably just living their life since high school and you are just sitting at home feeling depressed.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Same here. I was literally shoved for six blocks walking home from school by one girl egged on by several of her closest friends until two blocks from home I could take it no more. Next shove, I punched her in the forehead. She hit the ground and came back up with a good size egg on her forehead. She shoved me again. I punched her again. She went down again and got back up again. LOL The only thing that probably saved me from then being jumped by the gang of girls for standing up for myself was my little brother, with whom I was walking til the first punch was thrown (he ran home to get my mom). My mom comes barreling around the corner in her car, jumped out and was yelling at ME--in front of them--for fighting. You sometimes just can't win no matter what. LOL

The point is, after that, the bullying didn't stop right away. I became a challenge for them.
Good one. I think he stopped because my tongue was even quicker than my fists. You probably know that by reading my posts. It was only one of two fights I had in my school career. The other was in college on the first day when I had to make short work of a drunken frat boy who thought I was an easy target. I'm not particularly tough or strong. But I'm quick and tenacious.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:15 PM

17,648 posts, read 15,337,945 times
Actually, the PTSD is something you should continue to get treatment for. PTSD can be healed and you can feel better and also, going forward, learn some tools for coping.

Feeling your anger is totally natural and healthy. How you then deal with that anger in a way that doesn't derail you from your healing or hurts anyone else is what you need to learn.

I'm not suggesting medicine, but you should know that sometimes medication can help, but only when prescribed by a qualified doctor who treats patients with PTSD. It is not a universal thing and I don't mean to suggest anyone should take meds. Only they and their doctor can determine if this is a good alternative to *augment* therapy.

That you're not feeling numb is a really, really REALLY good thing! You're doing some hard work and you should acknowledge that to yourself. Don't give up and keep on truckin' and healing. You are a survivor with a bright future.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:54 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,805,749 times
What about just letting it go and moving on hmm maybe thats too logical?

Old 11-15-2011, 07:06 PM

8,012 posts, read 8,172,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchas View Post
What about just letting it go and moving on hmm maybe thats too logical?
Maybe it's not that easy? You ever think about that? If you don't want to help the guy then don't post. Snarky comments like this one are a waste of time. But people on this site don't realize that.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Maybe it's not that easy? You ever think about that? If you don't want to help the guy then don't post.
Actually, we're all trying to help you out. What? You think you're the only person in the world who's faced this problem? Good God. The only person who's ever been bullied in the entire history of growing up and adolescence?

So the way I see it, when ten-fifteen people all tell you, "Don't be stupid. It's not worth it." then maybe you should listen.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:09 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,123,634 times
There was one girl in HS that was pretty mean to me. I really didn't take it (snapped so hard that it scared her at the time), but it still hurt to be picked on. I ran into her profile on myspace years ago and some how we started talking. Within one correspondence she confided her entire, rather sad, life. I couldn't believe it. That nipped any old feelings of resentment right in the bud. So much of my HS class turned out to be world class losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology