U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:46 AM

270 posts, read 344,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
Well, if you had to choose between passive aggressive behavior or flaky, which one would you prefer?
Neither. They both sound equally stressful.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:52 AM

12,511 posts, read 14,664,777 times
[quote=jazzyj19;22559933] But none of that has anything to do with our "friendship".
Really????how can it not?..unless you LOVE the drama, and want to share him with the 2 women foolish enough to have a baby with him ...you'd best let him go....

Old 01-16-2012, 08:57 AM

12,511 posts, read 14,664,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Is this person bipolar?
not everyone with bi-polar is inconsiderate, irresponsible, nor a user like this man.....I know someone with bi-polar...and they are very kind and caring towards others.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:03 AM

[quote=purehuman;22564580]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
But none of that has anything to do with our "friendship".
Really????how can it not?..unless you LOVE the drama, and want to share him with the 2 women foolish enough to have a baby with him ...you'd best let him go....

To be Honest you are correct it does have alot to do with the friendship now that I think about it. I guess I hoped that he would remain that nice cool guy that I first met but I guess as they say you're always meeting someone's "representative" when you first meet. It really is a drastic change from the person i met initaially and I'm not trying to make excuses for him it's just a COMPLETELY different Individual. I have let him go but I guess my nature is to always question why? and what happened to the person I first knew? Just puzzling

Old 01-16-2012, 09:12 AM

2,726 posts, read 4,382,947 times
Quote:
Neither. They both sound equally stressful.
IMO, not worth analyzing or keeping around.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:21 AM

734 posts, read 1,408,975 times
This person is taking their anger out at you. I had a friend like that too. He would be all sweet and caring to you until you make a strong connection, and then say something really hurtful that I did not deserve, so I would start to distance myself from this individual. Then eventually he'd crawl back into my life all sweet and gentle again, I forgave him, only to have him lose it on me again weeks later. After that I realized that I have nothing to gain from this friendship and erased him out of my mind and my life completely.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:42 AM

He's very manipulative. He will ignore my calls and texts when it is convenient for him. I have seen him do this at dinner where he will look at his phone make a face and blow off whoever is trying to reach him. But yet when i go on my way and live my life ..some how someway..he decides to reach out through Facebook or through text to try and get my attention. He's called me a pest and said that he will talk when he feels like talking and to "free Up" ..so I've walked away thinking okay he's done no more friendship. I think I need to purge myself of him but I keep thinking what have i done to cause this?

Old 01-16-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
This person is taking their anger out at you. I had a friend like that too. He would be all sweet and caring to you until you make a strong connection, and then say something really hurtful that I did not deserve, so I would start to distance myself from this individual. Then eventually he'd crawl back into my life all sweet and gentle again, I forgave him, only to have him lose it on me again weeks later. After that I realized that I have nothing to gain from this friendship and erased him out of my mind and my life completely.

Ive tried to include him as a friend in different activities only to get cursed out and be insulted . He's said that I make him "Want to turn Gay" and its women like me that make him the way he is. its all very confusing.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:50 AM

2,726 posts, read 4,382,947 times
Quote:
He's very manipulative. He will ignore my calls and texts when it is convenient for him. I have seen him do this at dinner where he will look at his phone make a face and blow off whoever is trying to reach him. But yet when i go on my way and live my life ..some how someway..he decides to reach out through Facebook or through text to try and get my attention. He's called me a pest and said that he will talk when he feels like talking and to "free Up" ..so I've walked away thinking okay he's done no more friendship.
That is good thinking. The hard part is sticking to it but it is necessary because that is the consequence of his behavior.

He may decide to let you know that your consequences mean nothing as he can find somebody else. That is not "cool or gentleman like."

If you allow him back into your life, he can do whatever he wants. But I guess you knew that already.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
That is good thinking. The hard part is sticking to it but it is necessary because that is the consequence of his behavior.

He may decide to let you know that your consequences mean nothing as he can find somebody else. That is not "cool or gentleman like."

If you allow him back into your life, he can do whatever he wants. But I guess you knew that already.
Yes he has reminded me of that repeatedly and it is very painful and hurtful to me. The worst part is that he knows how i feel and its like whatever. I started the year with a clean slate and promised myself that I wouldn't contact him I erased all his contact information to save myself the aggravation. But I always have friends telling me just because I've deleted him doesnt mean he has and that I should be wary of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or