U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 12:26 AM

15,088 posts, read 16,929,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_observant_one View Post
As a man do you think the male sex drive is a curse?
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 12:34 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterclinger View Post
because it depends on the person.
I know men who (for whatever reason) do not want sex.
I know women who love it and want it constantly.
that is very true i know lots of married women who are crazy about sex and wana have it all the time, with brad pitt.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:36 AM

15,871 posts, read 13,425,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Thatís right. If a woman wants to have sex, she will have sex. No effort needed really. Have a woman approach a 10 young guys in a bar or party and straight out hint them about going to her place and get some action. Out of the 10 guys, how many do you think will reject her? Have a man approach 10 women and tell me how many will happily accept and go to his place to have sex? See what I mean. Itís easier for women. I repeat, this is not a bad thing. Hey, more power to women.
Wow, this is completely unrealistic. A woman might be just as horny as the guy she is standing next to in the bar or party, but she is not going to invite him home. It is not a matter of rejection but one of personal safety.

(By the same token, you could say that men can have sex anytime they want by going down the the red light district and picking up a professional on the corner. Women don't have that option.)

Surely you can see that women have much more to lose, much more at risk when they choose to have sex, including pregnancy and loss of reputation. Yes, women are still called sluts and their characters are trashed if they are perceived as having Too! Much! Sex! Who needs that?

There are many reasons why women with healthy sex drives do not sleep with anyone, anytime. Single women are sexually frustrated too, make no mistake.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:38 AM

4,244 posts, read 6,373,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
How can anyone possibly make such a sweeping generalization as "women do NOT want it as much as men." Maybe in your experience. Mine is diametrically opposite. If you're talking about adolescents, then your statement would be generally correct. But men and women who are over 30? Over 40? No freakin' way.

A woman has infinite sexual capacity. Men do not.
For 17-year-olds, or former 17-year-olds such as myself, this is life's ultimate cruelty.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,110 times
Women can't help that God made their sex drives lower than men's most of the time.Just like you can't help that your's is high, women can't help that their's is lower. You act like women are holdingout like to be mean to you or something.You also seem like you maybe are not such a social person or a personwith much life experience really by the way you state that justbecause you aren't attractive to women that that's the reaso you are not having sex. At least I think that's what u stated and well for one ok if you are like just an average Joe type guy with no personality and hardly any money etc then maybe look for the same type of girl and don't be looking for a Kim Kardasian body type girl. Be a more laid back and cool guy like or get a sense of humor and trust me I'm 47 yrs old and have known really ugly, fat and broke guys that are in their mid 30's still living with their parents, with no carand job and no car either and are slobs and they still get laid and they have big beer bellys and the girls they lay are not too bad either and go back for more. You could buy some dope and go to craigslist or call some of those partylines, there is a few free ones too or go on free online internet dating/sex sites and post that u got some 4/20 that means code for party friendly and u got the supplies and get a girl that wants some of that so bad lol shell give u what u want for some of that.I've known lots of girls that did things like that sadly lol.They were somewhat overweight half of them probably but they weren't ugly and liked to have sex quote often especially if they got that 4/20. Just ask sumone u know that's cool and knows where to get to get u sum.Become friends with a dude that's pretty cool that gets lots of girls or become friends with sumone that seems like they could get u some goodies and build their trust and then ask them.So don't be ask picky maybe and get some self confidence cuz men and women find that alone too attractive.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:34 AM

1,513 posts, read 1,649,831 times
Do yourself, be happy and save the drama

Old 03-09-2012, 08:50 AM

21,464 posts, read 22,692,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Wow, this is completely unrealistic. A woman might be just as horny as the guy she is standing next to in the bar or party, but she is not going to invite him home. It is not a matter of rejection but one of personal safety.

(By the same token, you could say that men can have sex anytime they want by going down the the red light district and picking up a professional on the corner. Women don't have that option.)

Surely you can see that women have much more to lose, much more at risk when they choose to have sex, including pregnancy and loss of reputation. Yes, women are still called sluts and their characters are trashed if they are perceived as having Too! Much! Sex! Who needs that?

There are many reasons why women with healthy sex drives do not sleep with anyone, anytime. Single women are sexually frustrated too, make no mistake.
And in addition to safety, there was that survey that came out recently that in many casual sexual encounters, women are much less likely to have a satisfying sexual experience, that their partners do not reciprocate things like orgasm or oral sex. So by that, why would a woman want to have bad sex with a stranger?

And there was this thread from a few days ago <http://www.city-data.com/forum/relationships/1515328-do-men-really-accept-any-opportunity.html> where men were asked if they'd accept any opportunity for sex, and most said no. So apparently it's not that easy to "get sex".

Old 03-09-2012, 10:18 AM

6,250 posts, read 5,833,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Green View Post
Women can't help that God made their sex drives lower than men's most of the time.Just like you can't help that your's is high, women can't help that their's is lower
If women have lower sex drive I donít think they would see that as a curse. You either want to do it or you donít. Itís like feeling bad because you donít like X activity as much as your partner. Well, you just donít like it and thatís it. Canít make yourself like something you just donít.

Quote:
A red light district will also cost men money. A woman will not have that option because she wonít need to pay. She could get it for free if she wanted and even with a steak and wine before or after it.

Quote:
There are many reasons why women with healthy sex drives do not sleep with anyone, anytime. Single women are sexually frustrated too, make no mistake
Hey, there are guys like me who donít sleep around either. Canít see why a young healthy normal looking gal would be frustrated. Sure, she can masturbate just like the vast majority of women do or just call her boyfriend or guy she dates and problem solved. A man can be married or have a girlfriend and it doesnít guarantee he will have sex just because he took her out for dinner that night or whatever. Do women get rejected when it comes to sex? Sure, Iíve rejected women before. Can we say that women get rejected as often as men? Nope. Come on, just remember all the times you have rejected your man vs that occasion when he rejected you. Now, for arguments sake you might say that he rejects you all the time and you always want it 24/7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Nope, didn't read your links. But I'm sure I can find links that say married men don't want sex too.
Want to search for those links while I share mine?

Quote:
No, her complaint is that he can't do something nice without expecting sex. Her complaint is that it's always about his needs and never about hers. Obviously we all can't have sex 24/7...so when she just wants a back rub, why can't he just give her the back rub. It really has NOTHING to do with whether or not she wants sex or not
And his complain would be why canít they have sex if the opportunity is there. I agree with her complaint. Like I said before, sex shouldnít be expected. It makes me uncomfortable too that just because I do X activity with a girl she expects sex. A man is less likely to reject a woman for sex, why deny it?

Quote:
I took my husband out on a date...at the end of the date I planned on having sex. He was an assh*le on the date, complained, was less than enthusiastic..etc. so he didn't get sex. It wasn't because I didn't WANT to have sex, it was because I didn't want sex WITH HIM that night and so I took care of business myself
Yup, you didnít want to give him sex but if you tried you can be almost assured you would end up having sex. Men are not necessarily known for rejecting sex, women on the other hand, yes. There are exceptions of course.

Quote:
See, it's not that she doesn't want sex...it's that he can't just give with no expectation of receiving. That is what is pissing her off
And it would make me upset too as I have said before. I agree with her.

Quote:
It's actually very common (I have a friend that is a urologist). How many close female friends confide in you and tell you that they wish their husband would desire them more?
Close female friends tell me that their husband is the one that mostly wants it, not them. Since they are married, I can somehow understand them.

Quote:
Men are supposed to want to boink everything that moves according to the media that they are brainwashed with
Exaaaaaaactly. So whenever there is a guy out there that has rejected sex people start thinking that maybe he has an illness, he is going through depression, is gay, might be cheating, etc. when the answer can just be a plain ďhe wasnít feeling like itĒ. There has been a thread about this before and just look at most of the comments from both men/women in the forum. A few agreed that he probably simply didnít feel like it.

Quote:
Maybe it's not their drive that decreases, maybe it's their desire for their husband that has decreased. Maybe he used to put all this effort into the tedious job of romancing her (your words) and he has since stopped doing that after they said "I do". Trust me, if a married women doesn't want to have sex with her husband, it is usually because of a medical issue, or because he shoulders some of that blame.
So women not wanting sex is never their fault, right? Itís all the husbandís fault? If the husband doesnít want it, is his fault too I suppose. Hhhmm interesting. Guys just canít win, eh?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
What difference does it make what she looked like? Since you seem to know exactly how every person acts and thinks - you tell me - what did she look like?
Calm down. I could also tell you that you seem to know how everybody acts and thinks with your comments. We all have opinions so relax. I am asking how she looked like because if she was fat and horrendous then that may be a reason. Well, was she? Simple question.

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "did she go out?" Do you think she simply said aloud - I'd like to have sex, please - and suddenly a line formed outside the door?
If she fixed her hair, wore something nice, and went to a party, believe me, someone would approach her and take her out. As simple as that. Really, what effort should she put if women generally speaking prefer men to make the first move, take the first step, ask her out, take care of her, etc. So, I ask again, did she ever went out? But if she said aloud that she wanted to have sex you bet there will be guys that would take the opportunity. No effort from her part.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:37 AM

15,871 posts, read 13,425,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
If she fixed her hair, wore something nice, and went to a party, believe me, someone would approach her and take her out. As simple as that. Really, what effort should she put if women generally speaking prefer men to make the first move, take the first step, ask her out, take care of her, etc. So, I ask again, did she ever went out? But if she said aloud that she wanted to have sex you bet there will be guys that would take the opportunity. No effort from her part.
I believe you are narrowcasting your sample to people in small 18-35 age category. I am 50 and I assure you I could go out tonight with my hair done, wearing something nice, to any bar or party in this town and have zero offers. Which is realistic and not a problem.

I think people forget that after they hit 35 they are going to live another 40 to 50 years and still want to be sexually active. It will be interesting to see how your views on the inherent qualities of men and women evolve over that time.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:48 AM

6,250 posts, read 5,833,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I believe you are narrowcasting your sample to people in small 18-35 age category. I am 50 and I assure you I could go out tonight with my hair done, wearing something nice, to any bar or party in this town and have zero offers. Which is realistic and not a problem
How about if you asked a man instead of waiting for an offer. A man asking random women straight out will probably just get a slap on his face and leave the place handcuffed. A woman asking a man straight out will most possibly not only get her some action but also a steak and wine.

Last edited by onihC; 03-09-2012 at 11:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or