Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2012, 09:58 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
But the whole issue with mens frustration(and thus the sex drive being a curse) is women turning men down for sex.
Women turning men down for sex is more common than the other way around. Something you will have to learn to live with. Concentrate on other things when that happens: go out with your buddies, go to the gym watch your favorite tv show, play some video games, etc.

Quote:
if average joe asks women for sex stragith out he'll face a hundred women before 1 says yes,
if average jane does the same she wouldn't reach double digits
There are some things in life we can’t really do much but just accept them as they are.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:13 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Women turning men down for sex is more common than the other way around. Something you will have to learn to live with. Concentrate on other things when that happens: go out with your buddies, go to the gym watch your favorite tv show, play some video games, etc.

There are some things in life we can’t really do much but just accept them as they are.
dude...reading comprehension...

I was questioning her statements, not the widely known facts...

Old 03-13-2012, 10:19 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,388,646 times
Quote:
But the whole issue with mens frustration(and thus the sex drive being a curse) is women turning men down for sex.
Then find a woman who doesn't turn down sex. You must be running in the wrong circles. I don't know any woman who turns down sex. Most women I know pester their men for sex and the men can't keep up.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:30 AM

3 posts, read 6,037 times
I agree with "lifeexplorer." From what I've read and understand, scientifically it takes women longer to be mentally and hence sexually stimulated. That is why FOREPLAY is imperative for a women. Foreplay doesn't have to always include physical activities. It includes romantic dinners, genuine compliments given in person, and any other sort of romantic gesture. Remember, females are extremely emotional beings!

Old 03-13-2012, 10:32 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
I'm a man , and yes, I absolutely believe our sexual drive is a curse, guys (me included) tend to lose their minds over females while those are able to remain cold headed in every situation, the result is catastrophic and creates awful misunderstandings or violence-fights to decide who will be the Alpha male, the reptilian brain takes the lead (not even talking about the delicate theme of rape).
Blessed are the guys who have low sexual drives,not only is it more comfortable not to have that terrible adreline push at the sight of females, I believe they are more able to control their own lives and avoid awkward situations!

Old 03-13-2012, 10:33 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,388,646 times
Quote:
The male sex drive is a curse when married. The wife will not want sex or allow you to masturbate.
WHAT??? Again, this is such spectacularly incorrect. A wife "won't allow" their husband to jerk off? The will "will not want sex?"

These types of jaded, bitter, just plain wrong assumptions are very prevelent on this Forum. Whoever made this remark obviously made the mistake of marrying a woman who hated sex. That's maybe 1% of the population.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:35 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
WHAT??? Again, this is such spectacularly incorrect. A wife "won't allow" their husband to jerk off? The will "will not want sex?"

These types of jaded, bitter, just plain wrong assumptions are very prevelent on this Forum. Whoever made this remark obviously made the mistake of marrying a woman who hated sex. That's maybe 1% of the population.
Wait - you mean you didn't have the "no sex" vow in your wedding? We sure did! "I promise to love, honor, and never touch you or let you touch yourself ever again, for as long as we both shall live."

Old 03-13-2012, 10:47 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
Default no I find this assumption quite right

Quote:

it's not because "the wife doesn't want sex", it's more complicated than that , it has to do with the human psyche : when there has been long term intimacy in a couple (a recently published study evaluates at 3 years the average duration of passionate love), most of the time (of course there are exceptions, but not as much as conventionally admitted, see the high divorce rates) the "crude" desire of both towards each other plummets, even if tender intimacy is still there -and maybe more powerful than hitherto-. Then some problems might arouse : the guy (remember that stupid animal sex drive we have) might want to jack off masturbating fantasizing about Paris Hilton (?) and wife might find it tasteless or downright repugnant, it might cause uneasiness/tension in the couple.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:49 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Then some problems might arouse : the guy (remember that stupid animal sex drive we have) might want to jack off masturbating fantasizing about Paris Hilton (?) and wife might find it tasteless or downright repugnant, it might cause uneasiness/tension in the couple.
As long as he's not doing it at the dinner table, most women wouldn't care and would expect him to be doing that.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:15 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,284 times
Quote:
Then find a woman who doesn't turn down sex. You must be running in the wrong circles. I don't know any woman who turns down sex. Most women I know pester their men for sex and the men can't keep up.
Yeah there are few women who will turn down a sportsstar, but at the rate I'm goen it'll seemingly be hard to get laid with an overpayed blind prostitute.

Even when reached far down the lower 10-scale where I know relatively few guys are hitting it's not like they expect anything less than a prince/rockstar, although one even remotely toward that end of guys wouldn't take a second look at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology