U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 08:44 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,130,167 times

Advertisements

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-p...e/mbti-basics/

I'm always either an INTP (introverted, intuitive, thinking, perceiving) or an INFP (feeling instead of thinking) in every test I've done.

I think I'd prefer someone who was maybe an ENTP as a partner. Not extremely extroverted, but a little bit more extroverted than myself because it brings me out of my shell and makes me too confident.

I'd like someone intuitive but with some 'common sense', and importantly someone perceptive and understanding.

I doubt I would get along well with 'J' types in a romantic relationship. As friends, sometimes their candid opinions can be entertaining, but overall, I prefer someone who has a more balanced view of things. Not to say they're immune to any moral or ethnical sense.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 08:58 AM

5,387 posts, read 6,266,072 times
I think that 2 INFP's or INTJ's are the best possible match for each other, honestly -- if for no other reason than that they understand each other, and each other's basic temperaments (Moreso for example than say an ENTJ would be understanding of an INTJ or INFP's emotional needs.)

Old 03-26-2012, 09:04 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,130,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I think that 2 INFP's or INTJ's are the best possible match for each other, honestly -- if for no other reason than that they understand each other, and each other's basic termperaments (Moreso for example than say an ENTJ would be understanding of an INTJ or INFP's emotional needs.)
I could definitely see myself with a moderately introverted partner. If an extrovert, definitely not an extreme extrovert life of the party always gotta have company type. Just someone who is sociable but can also kick back and doesn't mind alone time, or one on one time.

Overall someone who can focus on the topic of discussion, not just talking as a means of greasing social situations.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:00 PM

14,752 posts, read 27,518,778 times
I'm an ISTJ, per the 72 question test. I have slowly moved from ESTJ over to ISTJ. If you look at these profiles, it gives information on general traits, how you process things, likely careers and there's even a tab for the ideal mate. They say the ISTJs should hang out with other ISTJs or ESTJs. In short, the TJ aspect is a big part of how one processes. However, it's not as if most people know their Myers-Briggs personality indicator. I'd bet most of my friends are ISTJs or ESTJs. I worked on projects with one person who was an ESTJ (we were all taking the on-line test for fun), and we worked together very effectively, with great efficiency and good results.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:48 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,845,666 times
In college I was an INTJ (once I tested INTP), now I bridge between INTJ/ENTJ, borderline between I and E but extremely strong NT, moderately strong J. I don't know what my wife is, but I would guess she is INTJ, but she could be a P. We are both extremely analytical, fairly nerdy MBAs, and I think the personality match is excellent.

Strangely enough, a group of friends did this test and around two-thirds were INTJ. Strange given the relative abnormality of that personality type...but I guess they seem to flock together.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:48 PM

16,416 posts, read 25,200,334 times
The one that talks to me

Old 03-29-2012, 08:55 PM

14,752 posts, read 27,518,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drshang View Post
In college I was an INTJ (once I tested INTP), now I bridge between INTJ/ENTJ, borderline between I and E but extremely strong NT, moderately strong J. I don't know what my wife is, but I would guess she is INTJ. We are both extremely analytical, fairly nerdy MBAs, and I think the personality match is excellent.

Strangely enough, a group of friends did this test and around two-thirds were INTJ. Strange given the relative abnormality of that personality type...but I guess they seem to flock together.
I'm not surprised.

I always thought ESTJ was the profile of the business leader. It's actually the person who executes the business leader's plans. The ENTJ is the executive. I guess the N pushes them into a "big picture" viewpoint, whereas the S hashes out the details while still being an in-charge type, more of a manager. I guess the I could do the job, as long as it isn't off the charts.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:29 PM

21 posts, read 56,496 times
INTJ or INTP, i love the stoic, shy guys.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:53 PM

5,216 posts, read 7,924,662 times
I'm INTJ. My ideal matches have all been INFJ or INFP. Anything from strong I to moderate E works as well. About 90% of the women I dated were INFx. This is just another tool to help determine compatibility, but there is far, far more to attraction than this. Still, it's interesting that I almost exclusively attracted and liked most the INFx types.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:17 PM

26,842 posts, read 57,851,863 times
Myers-Briggs = astrology for college graduates
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or