U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's the closest to an alpha female?
Type 1 6 27.27%
Type 2 10 45.45%
Type 3 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 12:07 AM

1,070 posts, read 1,485,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
What you are describing here, sounds more like a Leo woman ( according to astrology.)

Leo

However Leo is not a cardinal sign and desire to be a leading force ( i.e. to be "cardinal") is as necessary for Alpha-female as for Alpha-male.
So this is more likely the more fitting portrait of an Alpha-female;

Aries
It could happen with any sign, however, I think it is most common with Leos. They can be both very attractive as well as dominant...VERY dominant. It's enough to overpower other females in a room sometimes by simply walking in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 09:06 AM

8,004 posts, read 9,672,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
It could happen with any sign, however, I think it is most common with Leos. They can be both very attractive as well as dominant...VERY dominant. It's enough to overpower other females in a room sometimes by simply walking in.
LOL...My mother is a Leo. She is someone who people gravitate to, until they get her into a conversation that she might disagree with. Yes, she is very, very opinionated and gets extremely agitated. She does NOT like to be agreed with.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:28 AM

13,770 posts, read 16,301,571 times
None. I don't believe this exists with females.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:43 AM

5,387 posts, read 6,271,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
However Leo is not a cardinal sign and desire to be a leading force ( i.e. to be "cardinal") is as necessary for Alpha-female as for Alpha-male.
So this is more likely the more fitting portrait of an Alpha-female;

Aries
Not to go OT here or anything, but although I am actually an Aries, I certainly don't fit quite a huge bit of the description of an Aries in the link provided above!

Old 03-30-2012, 10:20 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,809,264 times
I have been called an alpha female on several occasions by coworkers and friends. I've always thought of an alpha female as a woman who goes for what she wants regardless of obstacles (and I'm not talking about backstabbing, gossip or hurting others to get what she wants, but rather using actual skill and knowledge) and perhaps does things that are a bit out of the ordinary. I consider my best friend an alpha female, she's a lady welder, can hold her own with the boys but doesn't have a mean bone in her body. BUT, she is assertive and people listen to her. She doesn't let people boss her around, but knows when it's time to just calm down and go with others suggestions.

Most women thing being 'alpha' is just being bossy and mean...but that just makes you a bossy, mean person.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:44 PM

3,388 posts, read 5,547,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I found a book called "The Truth About Hillary." It made for a quick read. It paints a bad picture. She has always known, probably back to college days, and has "turned the other cheek."
See, and that's why I don't consider her an alpha. For me, an alpha would have left his sorry butt the FIRST time it happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Bill will never be measured or valued based on his marriage or his infidelity.
Eh, I know many people that if asked what his most memorable aspect would be, and it would be the cheating, and the way he handled the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
She was certainly no laughing stock...
Maybe not where you are, but I know quite a few people that disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
LOL...My mother is a Leo. She is someone who people gravitate to, until they get her into a conversation that she might disagree with. Yes, she is very, very opinionated and gets extremely agitated. She does NOT like to be agreed with.
Oooh, you guys what does this say about me then?

I am a Virgo, as well as a Fire Dragon.

Virgo

Chinese Horoscopes - The Dragon

Old 03-30-2012, 03:02 PM

419 posts, read 682,862 times
Hilary Clinton is an Alpha Female.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
One of my grandmas that has since passed was and my Sister is. "Step the hell off" is right. Nothing is even said. Other women are like kitties at the pound..."hiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssss".

Old 03-30-2012, 03:21 PM

I have no idea why other women are intimidated, scared, threatened and hissing at female Leos though? Pictures of Lions, Lion Facts

Old 03-30-2012, 03:37 PM

14,752 posts, read 27,546,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminaljusticegrad View Post
Hilary Clinton is an Alpha Female.
Yes, read the thread, that has been established.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or