U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 01:23 PM

28,906 posts, read 45,227,864 times

Advertisements

I might want my spirit to drift around the sanctuary to note who came and who didn't. That way, I'd know who I would haunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 01:42 PM

14,752 posts, read 27,536,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I might want my spirit to drift around the sanctuary to note who came and who didn't. That way, I'd know who I would haunt.
Damn, cpg, I was hoping you weren't "spiritual."

Old 05-10-2012, 04:24 PM

5,666 posts, read 4,213,757 times
Army, so if i die in the next two years there will be a couple of hundred. After that?... couple of dozen maybe.

Can't say i care really, not like i'm going to be around to notice.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:56 AM

17,582 posts, read 21,770,947 times
Never thought about it. However there was a person on another forum on CD who did. Well sort of.

He faked his own death! He had his "wife" post to say that he was in a car accident and had been killed. People posted a stream of condolences to the "bereaved widow". Honestly, I'm not sure if he was a man or a woman. If there was a wife, or if HE was the wife.

About six moths later, in the midst of a heated argument, he reappeared saying that he was never killed.

He did get to see how many people were sad about his demise by this stunt, and was able to see how loved he was.

I think it was pretty sick.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:18 AM

14,322 posts, read 12,580,147 times
Not going to have a funeral......to me it is a waste of money.

I am being cremated, having my ashes mixed with the ashes of my pets....and then unceremoniously buried in the plot I own next to my mother, with a small, flat stone to mark my grave.

The bulk of my estate is going to a charity......so.....this means more money to do good things instead of being wasted on "bells and whistles".

Old 05-12-2012, 04:20 AM

1,086 posts, read 1,767,122 times
I'll be there, that's all that matters....

Old 05-12-2012, 07:09 AM

11,076 posts, read 7,184,979 times
Maybe two.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:39 AM

763 posts, read 1,071,726 times
Well... I personally don't want a funeral. But I'm leaving whatever happens to me when I die, up to my husband. If he finds more peace burying me, then he can bury me and find the money to waste on a coffin. His choice; I won't care. As for people showing up, again, I wouldn't care. I don't understand funerals and who they're benefiting. My only request, however, would be that people wear whatever they want. I don't understand the notion that everyone is suppose to wear black - it's stupid. I may have died, and I understand "black signifies death", but please, it's just a color. Wear your PJs then go home and cry and sleep.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:43 AM

763 posts, read 1,071,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Never thought about it. However there was a person on another forum on CD who did. Well sort of.

He faked his own death! He had his "wife" post to say that he was in a car accident and had been killed. People posted a stream of condolences to the "bereaved widow". Honestly, I'm not sure if he was a man or a woman. If there was a wife, or if HE was the wife.

About six moths later, in the midst of a heated argument, he reappeared saying that he was never killed.

He did get to see how many people were sad about his demise by this stunt, and was able to see how loved he was.

I think it was pretty sick.
That is pretty sick. I remember there being a movie with a plot like that too... I can't remember the name of it. I also find it harsh that people only seem to care more about people once they find out they're dead or lost someone. I understand people seem to find empathy towards death more than empathy for anything else in the human feelings box, but I find that pretty sad.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:42 AM

944 posts, read 1,367,057 times
i dont want a funeral......I feel they are waste of money. Pray for me on your own time. Remember me for the happy moment not for my death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or