U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 04:07 PM

3,612 posts, read 4,040,348 times

Advertisements

Given the amazing advancements in technology over the last few decades what do you think a modern day COINTELPRO or MK-ULTRA program would look like?

Maybe something like this?

Organized Stalking Electronic Harassment - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 06:38 PM

Default Brain Invaders

Since the original video has now been made private here's something new.

Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura Brain Invaders S03E07 - YouTube

Brain Invaders basically parrots a story in the mainstream newspaper The Washington Post titled Mind Games by Sharon Weinberger.

Mind Games

Those of you unfamiliar with Mrs. Weinberger should watch this video of her appearance on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

Sharon Weinberger - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 07/26/06 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Old 12-22-2012, 08:01 PM

921 posts, read 1,699,242 times
If by "this", you mean it would look like people had initial symptoms of some kind of schizophreniform disorder, then yes, it might look like that. Or these people could have a low-grade or partial schizophreniform disorder, and there is no conspiracy.

I'm thinking it's the second case, but then again I'm actually a brain in a liquid-filled vat being controlled by aliens, so who am I to argue?

Old 12-22-2012, 09:10 PM

Look at what Wikipedia has under Electromagnetic weapons:

Quote:
Use against humans

When used against humans electromagnetic weapons can have dramatic effects, such as the intense burning sensation caused by Raytheon's Active Denial system, or more subtle effects such as the creation—at a distance—of a sense of anxiety or dread, intense drowsiness, or confusion in an individual or a group of people. Three military advantages of such weapons are:
1. That the individual or group of people would not necessarily realize that they were being targeted by such a device.
2. That microwave radiation, like some other radio frequency radiation, can easily penetrate most common building materials.
3. That with specialized antennas the radiation and its effects can be focused on either an individual or a large area such as a city or country.

Potential military(/law enforcement) uses for such weapons include:
  1. Capability to influence an enemy force (or population) to flee rather than to stand and fight by imposing on them a sense of great anxiety or impending disaster.
  2. Ability to convince captured enemy combatants that the great sense of physical well-being which seemed to accompany their being even slightly cooperative was much more desirable than the overwhelming sense of uneasiness and dread associated with their being uncooperative or hostile.
  3. Ability to impose a feeling of overwhelming drowsiness on an already weary enemy force.
  4. Ability to deprive an enemy force of sound, uninterrupted sleep for a prolonged period.
  5. Capability to persuade, indirectly, the close comrades of an enemy soldier that the soldier — perhaps a high-ranking officer who admittedly hears voices or strange noises that no one else is hearing — is mentally unsound and is not to be taken seriously. Such feelings, voices, or strange noises and vivid, frightening dreams can be imposed on the enemy with some precision by specialized, microwave-type radiation antennas.
Electromagnetic weapon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-23-2012, 08:39 AM

Default The state of modern science and the human mind

Neurologists have made amazing advancements in their knowledge of our brains as demonstrated by this video.

Mind Control Monkey Moves Robot in Japan - YouTube

There is now talk that some health issues like sleeping disorders may be completely eradicated without resorting to addictive drugs using extensions of the technology demonstrated.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:47 PM

14,506 posts, read 23,191,123 times
Interesting OP.

I was researching something else on them.
Thought Id post their site for any interested.

Raytheon Company: Our Company

Old 12-23-2012, 07:54 PM

Default Political abuse of psychiatry

Michele Moore describes the very real crime of whistleblowers and activists being "suicided" here in the United States.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44LxfOtIkUc

At around 2:20 she mentions a defense contractor by name but it's not Raytheon.

It's also coming to light that psychiatric reprisal is rearing it's ugly head again just like when COINTELPRO original came to light back in the 1970's.

Political abuse of psychiatry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-23-2012, 09:52 PM

4,762 posts, read 10,243,358 times
I've read books about goings on such as "COINTELPRO". When I first saw that, I thought it was
COIN TEL PRO - as in coin telephone! (Rather than Counter Intelligence Program)

Old 12-24-2012, 08:56 AM

Default Human Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
I've read books about goings on such as "COINTELPRO". When I first saw that, I thought it was
COIN TEL PRO - as in coin telephone! (Rather than Counter Intelligence Program)
Have you ever seen this vignette from the underground cult hit show Dark Matters: Twisted but True?

Dark Matters: Professor Creates Remote Control People : Video : Science Channel

Those with an interest in psychology and human behavior should probably make it a point to watch all the previously aired episodes of the fascinating and informative show.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:52 AM

4,762 posts, read 10,243,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
...Those with an interest in psychology and human behavior should probably make it a point to watch all the previously aired episodes of the fascinating and informative show.
I prefer to read non-fiction (factual) books. Some things are quite difficult to translate to short duration TV shows, so they invent things, exaggerate things, change facts, etc.

Also in several cases where there was a true book and a movie, I read the non-fiction book and saw the movie. I was quite disgusted with what they left out of the movie!

Then I have read about some "true story" book authors being present while they made the movie of their book - the authors got totally disgusted with all the "fantasy" and "untrue" things they added to the movie. The movie producers insisted on leaving those changes in the movie.

Documentaries on TV can be accurate, although these can be "dumbed down".

Following is a factual book I recently read. I can only imagine what Hollywood would do to alter the facts in such a book!
Acres of Skin: Human Experiments at Holmesburg Prison: Allen M. Hornblum: 9780415923361: Amazon.com: Books

And note the "mind control" experimentation they conducted in that book turned out to be "out of control" (so far as the test subjects were concerned).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or