U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 06:11 PM

20,687 posts, read 15,469,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I really dont understand this...

I COULD GIVE A RATS TAIL ABOUT WHAT OTHER PPL THINK,i am my own person,i have MY OWN MIND and i do what I feel is right for me! (If someone doesnt like it they can kiss off)

Anyone feel like me??
Meh, who cares. I just wanted to point out that you stated you COULD give a rat's tail...so it means you care a little.

If you don't care at all, you probably COULDN'T give a rat's tail.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 06:15 PM

42,283 posts, read 49,847,621 times
I think it's important to realize when other people's opinions are important and when they are not.

My friends and family...their opinion of me is important. Their opinion of whether I care about them, whether I am an honest, considerate, and good person. NOT whether or not I am rich, successful, have good taste, etc.

Everyone else can take a flying leap.

Separating the two and understanding the difference has really changed my life and made me much, much happier.

p.s. I think you'll also discover that most of the time, people are NOT thinking about you! People get so insecure and worried about that kind of stuff, but no one else is even noticing.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:29 PM

3,359 posts, read 6,352,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I really dont understand this...

I COULD GIVE A RATS TAIL ABOUT WHAT OTHER PPL THINK,i am my own person,i have MY OWN MIND and i do what I feel is right for me! (If someone doesnt like it they can kiss off)

Anyone feel like me??
Because often what other people 'think', leads to action....good or bad...

Every action, whether good or bad...begins with a thought...

And if someone is thinking harmful, destructive thoughts towards another or others...it could, and often does lead to real life violence...just read the news paper headlines...

Old 05-20-2012, 06:43 PM

6,009 posts, read 4,950,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Because often what other people 'think', leads to action....good or bad...

Every action, whether good or bad...begins with a thought...

And if someone is thinking harmful, destructive thoughts towards another or others...it could, and often does lead to real life violence...just read the news paper headlines...
See, people? I told ya!

Old 05-20-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
See, people? I told ya!
Please proove me wrong, instead of a meaningless one liner....

Every act of violence towards another, begins with a thought...yes no?

Old 05-20-2012, 06:54 PM

15,727 posts, read 22,797,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think it's important to realize when other people's opinions are important and when they are not.

My friends and family...their opinion of me is important. Their opinion of whether I care about them, whether I am an honest, considerate, and good person. NOT whether or not I am rich, successful, have good taste, etc.

Everyone else can take a flying leap.

Separating the two and understanding the difference has really changed my life and made me much, much happier.

p.s. I think you'll also discover that most of the time, people are NOT thinking about you! People get so insecure and worried about that kind of stuff, but no one else is even noticing.
Indeed...Other than friends or family, people don't put much thought into what you say or do unless you've attracted media attention and made the 6'oclock news.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:38 PM

6,009 posts, read 4,950,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Please proove me wrong, instead of a meaningless one liner....

Every act of violence towards another, begins with a thought...yes no?
Dude(tte)! I was agreeing with you! The "meaningless one liner" was my way of telling everyone else "I told ya so", indicating I had said pretty much the same thing (Post 13).

Old 05-20-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Because what other people think can affect their behavior, which can affect you directly or indirectly (by affecting the community/society in which you live).
Oops...my bag...by golly your right...

And I owe you an apology....

Old 05-20-2012, 09:45 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,290,764 times
Everyone cares what others think period however some care extremely too much.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:22 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,211,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Lol, that's why I said "a lot of people lie", rather than trying to separate out a "segment of the population" and branding them "liars"--cause we all lie. And anyone who claims they never lie is definitely lying, lol.

I think everyone cares what at least some people in their lives think, and I think that is normal and natural. You should care about what the people you care about think. Their opinions should be important to you. If you have loving parents, you should care what they think. If you love your children, you should care what they think. Etc.

Obviously caring what everyone thinks, and trying to seek outward approval from people who have little to no relevance in your life, is a sign of low self-esteem.
I agree, some people who say 'they just wanna live their life how they want to, they don't care what others thing' use this as a front to just do whatever they want to and not care about other people's feelings.etc. Ideally you should strike a balance between other's expectations and you and being true to yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or