Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 11:10 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times

Advertisements

I really dont understand this...

I COULD GIVE A RATS TAIL ABOUT WHAT OTHER PPL THINK,i am my own person,i have MY OWN MIND and i do what I feel is right for me! (If someone doesnt like it they can kiss off)

Anyone feel like me??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 07:33 AM

496 posts, read 483,530 times
good....enjoyed reading. best thread ever. Ive always thought about making tapes. heres one for the road...

I AM THE GREATEST THING THAT EXISTS - AND ITS NOT MY FAULT- ITS JUST WHAT I AM

Old 05-19-2012, 08:03 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
That's a nice thought, till whether you are able to feed your children depends on what your boss thinks of your performance.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:42 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,920,807 times
Its survival based.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:58 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I really dont understand this...

I COULD GIVE A RATS TAIL ABOUT WHAT OTHER PPL THINK,i am my own person,i have MY OWN MIND and i do what I feel is right for me! (If someone doesnt like it they can kiss off)

Anyone feel like me??

let me ask you something , do you think other people should care what you think , what your opinions are ?

Old 05-19-2012, 12:09 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
I'm the same way. I have friends who fret and worry about what someone will think of them. Personally, I don't care. I always figure people are too busy worrying about what people are thinking about them, to think about me.

Anyway, I'm adorable and everyone loves me.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
let me ask you something , do you think other people should care what you think , what your opinions are ?
Yes, sometimes. Not always, but there are scenarios where what someone thinks of you is important.

My admission into college was based on what the admissions office thought of my application, and by extension, of me as a student.

If you are applying for a job, you will care what the HR manager thinks. If you are in love with someone and want to pursue a relationship with them, you will care what they think about you.

Yes, I get the point of not being completely insecure and worrying about what people think of you all the time, but I think it’s a bit intellectually dishonest to act like it never, ever matters what others think.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:29 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Yes, sometimes. Not always, but there are scenarios where what someone thinks of you is important.

My admission into college was based on what the admissions office thought of my application, and by extension, of me as a student.

If you are applying for a job, you will care what the HR manager thinks. If you are in love with someone and want to pursue a relationship with them, you will care what they think about you.

Yes, I get the point of not being completely insecure and worrying about what people think of you all the time, but I think it’s a bit intellectually dishonest to act like it never, ever matters what others think.
my question was clearly directed at the OP

im fine with people not caring what others think of them but in my experience , many who defiantly come out with such statements are often quite self rightous and ironically seem to think its important that thier own opinions should be listened to and taken heed of by others

personally speaking , its important to me what others think of me , though not as important as it used to be , that however is down to the fact that im not as successfull as i used to be and my standards have slipped and my pride has been dented , its only an opinion but i think thier are three kinds of people who genuinley 100% dont care what others think of them

sociopaths
losers
liars

Old 05-19-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
my question was clearly directed at the OP

im fine with people not caring what others think of them but in my experience , many who defiantly come out with such statements , are often quite self rightous and ironically seem to think its important that thier opinions should be listened to and taken heed of by others

personally speaking , its important to me what others think of me , though not as important as it used to be , that however is down to the fact that im not as successfull as i used to be and my standards have slipped and my pride has been dented , its only an opinion but i think thier are three kinds of people who genuinley 100% dont care what others think of them

sociopaths
losers
liars
Liars, really? I think a lot of people lie because they care what others will think if they tell the truth.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:24 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
Human nature; some people haven't evolved that far yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology