Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 06:18 AM

2,309 posts, read 3,850,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
I disagree with the first part of your comment. It appears to me that these days it is more common for girls to be either bisexual or bicurious, or perhaps this generation is just more honest and open about their experimentation. Sure, maybe some girls post this as a meaningless joke, but I think many girls aren't joking. They are in these relationships. (not saying it's right or wrong - it just is)

as a high school teacher with no kids, let alone teenage kids i can tell you it is VERY common even for teenage girls with boyfriends to list their "in a relationship" with their best female friend. you're very incorrect in saying that this indicates a rise in bisexual relationships among girls. trust me it isn't. it's just them either a.) being funny or b.) a shout out as they say to their best female friend. you're reasinf way too much into something that just isn't there sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 06:40 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
as a high school teacher with no kids, let alone teenage kids i can tell you it is VERY common even for teenage girls with boyfriends to list their "in a relationship" with their best female friend. you're very incorrect in saying that this indicates a rise in bisexual relationships among girls. trust me it isn't. it's just them either a.) being funny or b.) a shout out as they say to their best female friend. you're reasinf way too much into something that just isn't there sorry.

okie dokie. if you say so.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:12 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
I disagree with the first part of your comment. It appears to me that these days it is more common for girls to be either bisexual or bicurious, or perhaps this generation is just more honest and open about their experimentation. Sure, maybe some girls post this as a meaningless joke, but I think many girls aren't joking. They are in these relationships. (not saying it's right or wrong - it just is)
No it's not really. It's fairly common for girls to be flirty over girls because it is an attention getter for most guys. But very few girls are actually bisexual.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:38 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,875 times
Quote:
We must travel in different circles. It's my impression that males enjoy girl on girl but are repulsed by guy on guy. Of course some men are repulsed by the idea of being with a female who's been with a female. I can't say for sure it's 50% but I don't think it's too far off.

I'm certainly not saying that most men are that open minded, they just have a warped sense of right and wrong.

I thought is was about 89% of men if we can assume 10% are strictly into man on man.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:01 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,125,272 times
Girls often list themselves "in a relationship with" or "married to" their best friend (or one of their best friends). It's all done in humor. Nothing "sexual" about it.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:39 AM

676 posts, read 1,261,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Thank you. Since I'm their parents' approximate age and don't have kids, you can't really expect me to understand that, can you? I just assumed they were openly bisexual and wondered how that would compromise their ability to attract boys. So, thanks for putting me in my place.
The only way I knew is because I have some teen/early 20s cousins I'm friends with on Facebook. It's seems to be somewhat common for a straight girl/woman that age to refer to a close friend as "wife" in a joking way. I've also seen them list close friends as family (either as siblings or parents).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology