U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 08:44 AM

3,427 posts, read 8,512,654 times

Advertisements

It was very vivid and felt real but I will try to make it short:

I'm in a large house I have never been to before, it's a large gathering of family and friends but I'm in a room alone. My boyfriend arrives from work with flowers and trys to feel up on me, at that point in my dream I was very annoyed thinking that he always has the same seduction method. We don't do anything sexual in the dream.

He then gets up and says he will be back in 5 minutes. I assume he is taking a shower but instead he comes in wearing full make-up, the way my mom used to wear. He had burgundy lipstick and eye makeup on and was lying down on his side with his head resting on his hand, it seemed like a very feminine way to lie down.

I demanded he took the makeup off and he wouldn't so I assumed or told him he was gay and I was heartbroken. I was very angry/sad at this point and I find my mother who is cooking in the kitchen and to get her attention I touch her back.

"J's Gay! he is wearing make-up" and my mom doesn't believe that makes him gay but for some reason in my dream I believed he was.

I then leave to go to work in a horrible sports bar, make no money and realize I lost my dog Chewy. I go looking for him everywhere. At an ice hockey game (which reminds me of my ex, but in my dream reminded me of J), a few dog salons, and the baby section of a walmart . I was doing all of this searching with a random middle aged man who I met at the hockey game who was also searching for something he lost. He looked tired, depressed, skinny, and sloppy.

I ended up remembering I had put Chewy in his cage before I left home but did not tell the middle aged man I was with.

This is when I woke up and felt glad Chewy was next to me and J hopefully isn't gay
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 05:35 PM

652 posts, read 815,978 times
I suspect the goddess Lilith may have seduced your boyfriend. Have you been cheating on your boyfriend?

Old 07-01-2012, 07:34 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,706,077 times
I usually can interpret dreams, but this one sounds like too much even for me. What did you eat before you went to sleep?

Old 07-01-2012, 08:03 PM

932 posts, read 1,969,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post

I'm in a large house I have never been to before, it's a large gathering of family and friends but I'm in a room alone. My boyfriend arrives from work with flowers and trys to feel up on me, at that point in my dream I was very annoyed thinking that he always has the same seduction method. We don't do anything sexual in the dream.

He then gets up and says he will be back in 5 minutes. I assume he is taking a shower but instead he comes in wearing full make-up, the way my mom used to wear. He had burgundy lipstick and eye makeup on and was lying down on his side with his head resting on his hand, it seemed like a very feminine way to lie down.

I demanded he took the makeup off and he wouldn't so I assumed or told him he was gay and I was heartbroken. I was very angry/sad at this point and I find my mother who is cooking in the kitchen and to get her attention I touch her back.

"J's Gay! he is wearing make-up" and my mom doesn't believe that makes him gay but for some reason in my dream I believed he was.

I then leave to go to work in a horrible sports bar, make no money and realize I lost my dog Chewy. I go looking for him everywhere. At an ice hockey game (which reminds me of my ex, but in my dream reminded me of J), a few dog salons, and the baby section of a walmart . I was doing all of this searching with a random middle aged man who I met at the hockey game who was also searching for something he lost. He looked tired, depressed, skinny, and sloppy.

I ended up remembering I had put Chewy in his cage before I left home but did not tell the middle aged man I was with.

This is when I woke up and felt glad Chewy was next to me and J hopefully isn't gay
Is your boyfriend in any way similar to your mother?
Maybe your search for your dog is about finding something you lost in becoming an adult?
What was your relationship with your father like?

Old 07-01-2012, 08:18 PM

10,568 posts, read 12,208,705 times
You're really funny- Ever think about taking up writing screen plays? I think that you are pissed off because your boy friend was wearing the wrong colored lip stick..Seeing you are very controlling you would have hoped...that at least your boy friend should have gotten some cross dressing fashion advice from you> How dare he get all dressed up and not include you on the choosing of shoes?

This dream is so vivid that I was there as I was reading...I did notice that you do look kind of masculine..and the boy friend is prettier..I suggest that you rerun the dream and maybe just beat the crap out of him for being better looking and treating you like a charity case....

OKAY here is the translation- You are sick of all this modern pressure and contorting of the world around you- you crave NORMAL- turn off the TV...and stop hanging out with guys who think gay is cool.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:33 PM

42,759 posts, read 50,287,088 times
Just google "What does (enter what you dreamed about)mean?" It will do all the work for you.
Like if you dream about being afraid of the dark you are scared of the unknown. If you dream about drowning you are overwhelmed. And so many more.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:57 PM

314 posts, read 591,538 times
I can try! My specific interpretations will be in a green color.

Bottom line: You seem to be very worried about losing people you love and being alienated. You suspect your boyfriend might be hiding something from you. You might want to check up on that in real life. Your boyfriend might be in love with your mother? Is that possible? Or someone else? You might be craving deep emotional satisfaction and love and must start your journey in getting that.

Well, that's my interpretation.

Quote:
It was very vivid and felt real but I will try to make it short: (something intense is going on in your life and you seek to understand something vague that may be very important to you.)

I'm in a large house I have never been to before, it's a large gathering of family and friends but I'm in a room alone. My boyfriend arrives from work with flowers and trys to feel up on me, at that point in my dream I was very annoyed thinking that he always has the same seduction method. We don't do anything sexual in the dream. (You might be worried that someone will pass away. Or that you need to spend time with someone that you've been distant with.)

Old 07-14-2012, 07:14 PM

20,058 posts, read 17,137,705 times
Quote:

It screams unresolved feelings/issues in regards to an over controlling mother and a under controlling/passive boyfriend and also father.
The lost dog is secondary, and represents feelings of abandonment (emotional), and loneliness in both your childhood and adult life.
The man searching with you in the dream is your father who had been controlled by your mother and is searching for his lost masculinity/identity.

Last edited by picklejuice; 07-14-2012 at 07:25 PM..

Old 07-14-2012, 08:05 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,189,896 times
What this dream tells me is that :

You're experiencing some anxiety.

You are afraid of loss and abandonment (but who isn't right?).

You have some doubts about the level of your boyfriend's committment to the relationship.

You feel somewhat alone in the challenges you face in life and don't really feel like there is anyone that supportive around you.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,741 times
Default What your dream represents to me

Before I say anything you should always remember that whatever is in a dream is about you, your likes, dislikes, fears etc., so while I will give it a try, ultimately it’s what YOU thought the dream was about that counts.
The large house represents the world around you, although it’s somewhere you have never been before it is representative of how big the world is, and even when filled with family and friends you are secluded in a small part of it (your world). When your bf arrives, the one person from whom you expect comfort and love and understanding, while he does bring you a gift, all he wants is to get some. The same old demands.
When he leaves and says he’ll be right back, perhaps you are hoping that he will return with something new or better (getting your hopes up) instead he returns in some bizarre getup, which doesn’t delight you but instead makes you think, he’s my mother in drag [read he’s just like my mother] Perhaps she can’t make you happy either.

When you demand that he take off the makeup, you are asking him to reveal his true self [does he love you or doesn’t he?] You are angry and sad, disappointed yet again, so you search for your mother. Mothers are usually a safe haven (she is cooking in the kitchen), they take you in and heal your hurting. Your mother makes a pretty true statement – she is giving him the benefit of the doubt, not saying that he is or isn’t gay but that this one incident does not make it so.

You remove yourself from this situation and go to your job (at least in your dream) and even that you describe as horrible (how are things at your actual job?). Usually when there are times of stress in our home life we seek refuge in our work. In this dream you can’t find contentment there either, not only do you not make money, but you lose your one good friend “Chewy” the one that you can always count on.

You search for him in what appear unlikely places, but again this is your dream and only you know why you have chosen these locations. Perhaps they represent places that have brought you great joy or greater sadness. Sports bar, an ice hockey game, dog salons, and the baby section at Walmart? Are you thinking of having a baby?

The person in the dream is also looking for something he has lost, perhaps someone who is commiserating with you, who among us has not at one time or another been looking for something or someone lost? When you see him looking tired and depressed perhaps he is mirroring what you are going through or how you are feeling.

When you remember that you put Chewy in a safe place, it is a return to normalcy, no matter what you are going through or how others have let you down, or how you have left yourself down, you took care of the one you love most, the one who looks to you for love and safety, Chewy. You didn’t tell the man because maybe you think he needs to find what he has lost on his own.

In reference to J, unless you have some evidence or a deep seated suspicion that he may be gay, the gayness in your dream may symbolize that he needs to “man up” and take responsibility for himself and come to terms with your relationship. Some of that may apply to you too. And last but not least, even though you thought you lost Chewy and looked everywhere for him, he was right where he belonged when you woke up, at your side.

Whatever you are going through, it manifests itself in your dreams, many times giving you a solution, another perspective or just a place to let off steam.

Good luck with everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology