Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2012, 12:40 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,341,473 times

Advertisements

Face it. You will have haters, especially if you are working towards improving yourself. There will always be people that walk across your path for no other reason than to try to discourage you. This is an unfortunate, yet natural part of life. You just have to make sure that they have no VALID reason to hate.

Haters will always have a reason to hate. There is very little you can do about it other than to make sure that you are living as best as you can with all people. (key phrase, as best as you can) At the same time, you don't want to bend over backwards for approval. That always backfires.

Sometimes, the haters will have a valid reason to hate. Sometimes you might have to listen to your haters. You have to be honest with yourself too. If the critic does point out a valid reason for their campaign against you, then go ahead and fix it. However, criticism is rarely about the one being criticized, it is about the one being the critic.

Also, by letting the haters hate (ignoring them for the most part), you will start to gain more people on your side.

There may come a time when you actually have to address the haters. When you do so, do it in a calm and collected manner. Do not lose your cool. It is better if you do this once. If he is going to continue to "troll", then ignore him. (Don't feed the trolls).

A large part of a successful life is dependent on how much you can take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 11:15 AM

Reputation Comment: "see nobody cared"

Someone cared, obviously

Old 07-31-2012, 04:15 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,397,450 times
Thanks for the bro-vice.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:24 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Face it. You will have haters, especially if you are working towards improving yourself. There will always be people that walk across your path for no other reason than to try to discourage you. This is an unfortunate, yet natural part of life. You just have to make sure that they have no VALID reason to hate.

Haters will always have a reason to hate. There is very little you can do about it other than to make sure that you are living as best as you can with all people. (key phrase, as best as you can) At the same time, you don't want to bend over backwards for approval. That always backfires.

Sometimes, the haters will have a valid reason to hate. Sometimes you might have to listen to your haters. You have to be honest with yourself too. If the critic does point out a valid reason for their campaign against you, then go ahead and fix it. However, criticism is rarely about the one being criticized, it is about the one being the critic.

Also, by letting the haters hate (ignoring them for the most part), you will start to gain more people on your side.

There may come a time when you actually have to address the haters. When you do so, do it in a calm and collected manner. Do not lose your cool. It is better if you do this once. If he is going to continue to "troll", then ignore him. (Don't feed the trolls).

A large part of a successful life is dependent on how much you can take.

not all haters ( as irrational as they are ) are easily dismissed , some are so zealous and self rightously dogmatic , they can seduce you into believing that you are wrong and they are right

happen to me and ive never forgiven myself for being so weak

Old 07-31-2012, 04:50 PM

235 posts, read 536,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
not all haters ( as irrational as they are ) are easily dismissed , some are so zealous and self rightously dogmatic , they can seduce you into believing that you are wrong and they are right

I don't think it's weak...just part of our nature as humans to consider feedback from our peers...regardless of how unreasonable they are sometimes.

Last edited by notdeconcentrate; 07-31-2012 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 08-03-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post

Ouch, those are the worst. I've dealt with those myself. I'd try to find a way to tell them to get a life. Some of these haters can become like stalkers. That's when it gets really scary.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:54 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,838,299 times
I think there are different categories of haters. The subtle ones that are just jealous of your success or looks are harmless. Its only natural & happens even between close friends & family. If they are good people they will come to terms with it if you continue being nice to them. Eventually they will realize that they have something that the other person doesn't.
The haters that scare me the most are the natural haters who find any reason out of thin air to hate just anybody. Their focus is not the target of their hatred but the feeling of hate itself. They live to hate. STay away. They wont change no matter how good you are to them. Even their so called friends will eventually desert them.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:14 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,312,137 times
When people live in a world filled with anger and blame and hate they can lose touch with reality. Don't you think?...They assume that everyone is out to "con" or "fool" or manipulate them. (Or "stab" them in the back!) So they have trouble trusting anyone...It's as if they "turn to stone" and shut down most of their feelings and their "reasoning" abilities as a form of self-protection... As an "insurance policy" to avoid ever being hurt or "fooled" again...I guess it's easy to recruit people like this into terrorist training camps or other "hate groups." (Even here in our own country.) Sad!...All they need is a "target" or a scapegoat. The hate and anger and blame is already "bubbling away" inside of them.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,428 times
I think you are 100% correct!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology