Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 07:35 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,410,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Freak View Post
But I don't want to give them a chance.

Society is expecting you to date someone ugly if you are ugly too but I don't want to
Well then it looks like you can't really complain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 08:10 PM

1,458 posts, read 2,659,026 times
I've got to say...

... a sculpted body, confident but kind personality and some talent can as a package completely overshadow a funky face.

A lot of us with nice faces skimp on staying fit, etc, because we can still date on the strength of our face. You may just have to flip it, and combine that with something else women of character are drawn to (intellect, building beautiful things with your hands, something.)

And then seek out women who have more depth than a parking lot puddle.

The blind person idea isn't a bad one, if you are truly somehow THAT ugly. Although I've never seen a face that is.

And if you want to end your life, I've got to say, pouting that someone else should arrange it all for you is the least appealing part of your OP.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:54 AM

188 posts, read 304,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
Well then it looks like you can't really complain.
Of course I have a right to complain, even if it is to no avail. But who really cares what you people think anyway. You people will never be able to understand me and the hell that I'm currently going through anyway.

Last edited by Mr. Freak; 12-13-2012 at 01:05 AM..

Old 12-13-2012, 04:41 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
This isn't mean to be a ploy for sympathy, but I am woefully ugly.

I have tried time and time again. I used to love connecting with people online. There was often a real spark there until they saw my pic.

Why should I continue to live with such an obstacle? I don't blame people for cutting me off as they are only human, but I am only human too. There was one chick recently who I really gelled with, but as soon as she got my pic, that was the end of it.

So while I accept the Darwinistic crap that life just isn't fair, I really want to just end my life. Why can't people in my situation at least have the right to die as painlessly as possible, without having to resort to actually committing suicide? All the self help and Jesus crap doesn't help people in my situation. I cannot afford therapy and therapy wouldn't help anyway. I cannot afford plastic surgery either. I'm already past my expiration date and feel that most of today's women would just see me as an "eww creeper".

I only ever wanted to just gel with people and connect with others like anyone else would. It's human nature. Euthanasia should be allowed for people in my situation. Some in my situation turn to rage and take it out on others. I wonder how many of those people could have been helped by the option of euthanasia and how many innocent lives could have been saved.

Stupid question this is,but did you TRY to gel with ugly women,or better known as your equals?
Or are you just chasing after the pretty ones?

Old 12-13-2012, 04:59 AM

868 posts, read 1,122,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Stupid question this is,but did you TRY to gel with ugly women,or better known as your equals?
Or are you just chasing after the pretty ones?
No, why make that assumption? I genuinely do not care about looks. I have up looking long ago anyway, so it's a non-issue.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:19 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,416,855 times
Oh well never mind. Some (strange) girls in this country think I'm ugly but I don't think I am. You should see what the average Brit looks like. Not exactly a pretty picture and I'm far better than that LOL.

As it happens though I have no desire for a partner whatsoever. Don't care about girlfriends (and no I'm not gay either) and I don't want kids. Makes that easy enough then. I really don't care what people think about what I look like. I like what I look like.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:42 AM

192 posts, read 348,469 times
Quote:

Society is expecting you to date someone ugly if you are ugly too but I don't want to conform to the hierarchial status quo because of my own psychological reasons.
umm, Im pretty sure that is not only society saying that. That happens in nature. Peacocks for example. The male uses his beauty to attract the females, and the female will only go for it if she is impressed by his feathers and feels he is good enough. Am I right?

Not saying you wont find a pretty girl. But with that attitude you dont really deserve one. Or maybe youll end up with a pretty girl that treats you like ****. Think about it.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:01 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,410,903 times
Quote:
Of course I have a right to complain, even if it is to no avail. But who really cares what you people think anyway. You people will never be able to understand me and the hell that I'm currently going through anyway.
Okay... so let's say a friend introduced you to a woman that he thought fit in with your good-looking criteria, but that you end up thinking is actually on the homely side... and she immediately rejects you for the same "psychological reasons"?
(Which you only hear through the grapevine, from your friend later, because she was too polite to say it to your face.)

I assume you won't be offended, or think her to have a crappy attitude....

Old 12-14-2012, 07:47 AM

507 posts, read 1,537,801 times
Quote:

Society is expecting you to date someone ugly if you are ugly too but I don't want to conform to the hierarchial status quo because of my own psychological reasons.
Trust me, your physical appearance is NOT the problem, nor is your financial status.

It's your attitude. It downright sucks.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:08 AM

188 posts, read 304,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
TruIst me, your physical appearance is NOT the problem, nor is your financial status.

It's your attitude. It downright sucks.
But I don't want to give an ugly lady a chance just because society says that I must. People are not forced to date you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology