Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 09:44 PM

666 posts, read 1,290,836 times

Advertisements

In my continuous search of explaining the oddities of my life, I have come to think of the possibility than other than my physical appearance (hair, rough voice, etc. which certifies I am a male), maybe I am not human on the inside. My lack of desire for a partner, my indifference towards sex, my indifference of having or not having friends, my lack of interest on many things that most humans consider "basic" or "normal" there is too much in me that is not human at all. For me, spiritual comes first than anything. For humans, the superficial is first. Period. Romance begins with the physical. Attractiveness rules the process of making friends. Humans care about money, power, dominance. I care not of these things, except money but to survive, not to have and boast on others. I see no sense in religions, although I believe there is a God, a supreme power responsible for all that is there. Most people I know don't like me or are indifferent towards me. Regardless of my asexuality/aromanticism, I am not attractive to ladies. For some reason, all of the ones I tried got scared of me. There is something about me that is definitely different.

What can I do, or what would be required to help me find out what I am?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 10:06 PM

406 posts, read 1,038,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post
In my continuous search of explaining the oddities of my life, I have come to think of the possibility than other than my physical appearance (hair, rough voice, etc. which certifies I am a male), maybe I am not human on the inside. My lack of desire for a partner, my indifference towards sex, my indifference of having or not having friends, my lack of interest on many things that most humans consider "basic" or "normal" there is too much in me that is not human at all. For me, spiritual comes first than anything. For humans, the superficial is first. Period. Romance begins with the physical. Attractiveness rules the process of making friends. Humans care about money, power, dominance. I care not of these things, except money but to survive, not to have and boast on others. I see no sense in religions, although I believe there is a God, a supreme power responsible for all that is there. Most people I know don't like me or are indifferent towards me. Regardless of my asexuality/aromanticism, I am not attractive to ladies. For some reason, all of the ones I tried got scared of me. There is something about me that is definitely different.

To find out what species you are. you need:

1. Psychological evaluation

2. DNA test

Rough voice does not certify that you're a male by the way, otherwise Shakira would have qualified as male. I used to think she was transgendered until she had a baby .

To solve your problem, which I think could be depression, you need counseling. If you're asexual as you claim, you might have a hormonal problem, which your doctor can detect easily. Not everyone wants money, power, or dominance in the way you describe it. You treid to talk to some women, so it means you are attracted to women to some extent. Rejection by a woman can be depressing, but you have to move on. In my teen years when I considered my self a womanizer, out of 20 girls I asked out, only 1 would go out with me.

Seriously, people should stop worrying about being "normal". No one is normal is ok. Everyone is different. If you cannot afford therapy, Google the word depression, and explore the treatment options.

Also, pray to god to solve your problems.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:27 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Sociopath? Autism? Personality disorder? I am pretty sure you are human, in any case.

If you are happy with yourself, what does it matter?

Old 02-18-2013, 10:04 AM

597 posts, read 1,026,666 times
Quote:

Wow, I feel exactly the same way as you. I thought I was the only one who felt like that. I look like a human, but on the inside I am not. I feel like I was born without some critical components that make everyone else normal.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:51 AM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
Quote:
Well, as another poster said, you can always take a DNA test to find out if you're unsure. I don't why you're bothered about not feeling human though. You said on another thread:

Quote:
I live everyday to the fullest. I'm always smiling.
So if you're not human, what does it matter? You're happy.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:33 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,657,533 times
You value different things than you believe most other people value. It takes a lot more than that to be inhuman.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:37 PM

19,012 posts, read 27,562,983 times
You go here:
The Word Foundation: Thinking and Destiny

And you read The Book. Maybe several times, as it takes time and effort to precipitate. THEN you will know answer to all your questions. I am very serious about this. You have been made aware.

Once you are living your life in awareness, it will be as though you stand high above others, witnessing their suffering, while you do not suffer at all. – Buddha

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. – Buddha

You are now in control of your life. You see, the ego is never in control. The ego is controlled by wishes for comfort and convenience on the part of the body, by demands of the mind, and by outbursts of the emotions. But the higher nature controls the body and the mind and the emotions. I can say to my body, "Lie down there on that cement floor and go to sleep," and it obeys. I can say to my mind, "Shut out everything else and concentrate on this job before you," and it's obedient. I can say to my emotions, "Be still, even in the face of this terrible situation," and they are still. It's a different way of living. The philosopher Thoreau wrote: If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps he hears a different drummer. And now you are following a different drummer--the higher nature instead of the lower. - Peace Pilgrim

Old 02-18-2013, 09:21 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
The beauty of life is that you get to determine what is normal for you. "Normal" in the general population is simply what most people are or do. But there is tremendous variation, and all variations are appropriate for the people affected (assuming they are not harmful, of course).

Find yourself and be yourself. And don't be stubbornly resistant to change either. Life is a process of self-discovery as much as it is discovery about external things. Think about all the people that didn't realize their talent or calling in life until they were well along in years.

You sound to me like a very humble and forthright person.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:06 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
Wow, I feel exactly the same way as you. I thought I was the only one who felt like that. I look like a human, but on the inside I am not. I feel like I was born without some critical components that make everyone else normal.
You people think too much. Get out of your head and get out of the house. Don't you have things to busy yourself with instead of being so tiresomely self-absorbed and narcissistic?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:41 PM

9,907 posts, read 9,579,736 times
Theres a word for you - "asexual"..

Nothing wrong with it. You have other things that are more important to you.

No worries!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology