Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 02:32 AM

833 posts, read 1,198,948 times

Advertisements

No
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 02:35 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
There are currently 7 billion people on this planet. More than 3.5 billion of them are women. You couldn't avoid them if you tried.

No.

Old 09-12-2014, 03:26 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Poke a poop shoot?

Yeah, um, NO!

I wouldn't do that if every single woman on the planet disappeared!

Old 09-12-2014, 04:06 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
There is always the "gay for the stay" crowd in prisons.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:43 PM

128 posts, read 201,730 times
never , womans touch is special and to crave for. but women do get fed up with men and turn lez

Old 03-05-2015, 05:46 PM

440 posts, read 377,570 times
Do men ever go straight out of desperation?

Old 03-05-2015, 11:33 PM

652 posts, read 873,884 times
The concept of a lady boy. There are some hearts never to be played or toyed with. Behind every man is woman. Some women need a man to solve their issues and problems. Homosexuality is a direct result of macho men trying to teach a beta male about women.

Old 03-06-2015, 03:33 PM

440 posts, read 377,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley View Post
The concept of a lady boy. There are some hearts never to be played or toyed with. Behind every man is woman. Some women need a man to solve their issues and problems. Homosexuality is a direct result of macho men trying to teach a beta male about women.
That you said is completely wrong.

Homosexuality is the sexual, emotional and romantic attraction to the same sex. Just like bisexuality and heterosexuality, homsoexuality is hardwired in the brain. Also, thousands of animal species have homosexual members but they don't have social constructs like those invented by men such as patriarchy so we are talking about a natural variance in human sexuality.

You are conflating sexual orientation with feminine/masculine behaviour. They are not the same thing nor are they related. Most of our behaviour is acquired as we grow up and it can change through time. Sexual orientation doesn't detemine whether you will be more feminine or masculine in any way.

You are also conflating homosexuality with gender identity. Homosexual men are not women in a man's body at all. You are possibly too influenced by the media and their one-dimensional portrayal of homosexual men. The same way there are effeminate homsoexual men there are also effeminate heterosexual men.

There are lots of very masculine homosexual men, but you don't notice them because cultural conditioning makes you assume they are heterosexuals.

This is a matter of visibility. Most homosexual men and women are not noticeable; onle the most noticeable portion of all the spectruum is visible so people assume "that's how they all are". It is like when most people associate black people with rap and hip hop because that's mainly what they have seen and that is showed by the media.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:17 PM

652 posts, read 873,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
That you said is completely wrong.

Homosexuality is the sexual, emotional and romantic attraction to the same sex. Just like bisexuality and heterosexuality, homsoexuality is hardwired in the brain. Also, thousands of animal species have homosexual members but they don't have social constructs like those invented by men such as patriarchy so we are talking about a natural variance in human sexuality.

You are conflating sexual orientation with feminine/masculine behaviour. They are not the same thing nor are they related. Most of our behaviour is acquired as we grow up and it can change through time. Sexual orientation doesn't detemine whether you will be more feminine or masculine in any way.

You are also conflating homosexuality with gender identity. Homosexual men are not women in a man's body at all. You are possibly too influenced by the media and their one-dimensional portrayal of homosexual men. The same way there are effeminate homsoexual men there are also effeminate heterosexual men.

There are lots of very masculine homosexual men, but you don't notice them because cultural conditioning makes you assume they are heterosexuals.

This is a matter of visibility. Most homosexual men and women are not noticeable; onle the most noticeable portion of all the spectruum is visible so people assume "that's how they all are". It is like when most people associate black people with rap and hip hop because that's mainly what they have seen and that is showed by the media.
The effeminate male you speak of is a derogatory term for an emasculated heterosexual male most likely rejected by the gay men or community as a whole. Typically they only like the pretty boys. The masculine homosexual males are a fine line between a bull q*ue*er and a d*ike layered with a sexual abused male overcompensating for preexisting sexual trauma while admitting through his own sexual behavior that his gender was rejected by his own mother.

Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction. Many do not like to be told how they behave because it defines who they are through behavior.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:42 PM

339 posts, read 334,341 times
Men who have lived their lives a heterosexuals--at least the ones who truly enjoyed sex with women and historically had not interest or attraction to other men--do not "go Gay." Oh, out of intense loneliness or need some might seek comfort for a short while by having sex with another man. The human mind can get pretty creative and also "fly-in'-the-face" of all your past habits and actions when it is deluged with emotional pain.

This is purely a sort of defense mechanism. Just like people who "forget" or "block-out" past, unsavory experiences. Or the MPD thing. (multi-personality-disorder)--where alleged different characters or personalities are created by the mind in an a desperate attempt to purge what it needs to and still "save face" by deluding Conscious into believing, "Hey, it's OK, Joe! YOU didn't set that house of fire. "Car"l did! LOL.

(I must add here that many mental health professionals do not believe in MPD.)

So...yeah..I think a straight man can have sex with another man and still consider himself straight. Of course I am also of the belief that there is no absolutes in being either "Gay" or "Hetero." But rather, degrees of separation. Sexual preference, after all, is just that: a preference.

It's like: what's your favorite flavor of ice cream? OK, mine is chocolate. Let's say it is ALL I ever eat. But one night I am craving ice cream and I have no chocolate but there is a pint of vanilla in the freezer. I eat that. And it satisfies my ice cream craving for the night, but it's not as good as chocolate. And afterwards I will always still go to chocolate and call myself a chocolate lover.

Ergo......a homosexual experience out of desperate loneliness can do the same thing on an emotional craving level as the vanilla ice cream did on a physiological hunger level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology