Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,051 times

Advertisements

Our gun laws are so weak I do believe someone with a pet chimpanzee could get a carry permit for the monkey,,,,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 10:47 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,126,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
oooooh, big man! Scary talk!

And you need all 100+ firearms to nail a burglar, don't you? Why not just call the police, like I do?
LOL!!!!

YOU CALL MEN WITH GUNS... and YOU insult HIM!

hypocrite much?

Old 02-27-2013, 11:07 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,939,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Our gun laws are so weak I do believe someone with a pet chimpanzee could get a carry permit for the monkey,,,,,
Well at the rate chimpanzees are acquiring gun safety course certificates, personal references and funds to put toward application fees, we'd best be concerned about these whacky "shall issue" laws for carry permits!

And people, while we're at it, please don't forget that Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold, Adam Lanza, Seung-Hui Cho and James Holmes were legal concealed and open weapon carriers who openly adored the NRA and Gun Owners of America, in addition to having been fanatically enthusiastic about "shall issue" carry laws. Lastly, don't forget that they sadistically recited the Second Amendment before committing their crimes and were ultimately standing on the Castle Doctrine and "stand your ground" extensions as they carried out their slaughters.

DEMAND A PLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2013, 11:25 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,878 times
A gun nut is no different than a car nut or a music nut. I love shooting guns. It was one of my favorite pastimes as a kid. I don't shoot nearly as much as I used to, but I still enjoy both shooting and collecting guns. I am not insecure or paranoid about anything, nor do I have a problem with most gun control, if I feel that it will actually make a difference.
People tend to fear things that they don't understand; this is why most anti gun people are those that were not raised around guns.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:48 PM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Well, let's just say that gun owner or no, someone whose response to the slaughter of 26 human beings, is to post a pro-gun video of one of the parents, has a very ''interesting'' outlook and set of priorities...
A picture could be posted of the beautiful smiling faces of the 25 children 5 years and under that the US government killed at Waco. They used armed helicopters, gas, and tanks in the needless assault. This is the government that wants to restrict gun ownership by citizens.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:06 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
oooooh, big man! Scary talk!

And you need all 100+ firearms to nail a burglar, don't you? Why not just call the police, like I do?
I collect guns as others collect stamps or rare books.

One of my Colt 1911 semi automatic pistols is insured for 8000.00 dollars.

These guns are babied and placed in my large walk in safe.

By the time an armed perpetrator realizes he or she has made the mistake of entering my home they are already dead.

Concerning the police; If I had to wait for an officer to respond to an armed burglary at my home I run the risk of being killed by the garbage that has the intent upon causing my wife and I harm all in the name of the theft of valuables.

Also in my former line of work as a federal agent for a large agency it was my job to protect YOU Ruth from the same filth that we're speaking of here.
Be very happy there are those that are trained to be "" Big Man with scarey talk " as you call it.
I worked on a different level than local law enforcement and saw things that would have you vomiting in short order.

Your tax dollars paid my salary so a simple thank you for three bad people I killed over the course of my career will be sufficient.

I'm a very kind, loving person that has years of training to do a job other people would find too frightening to deal with.

I repeat myself here; if any person walks into my home with the intent of hurting either myself or my wife it will be my pleasure to see them leave in a body bag.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:25 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Do hyperbole exagerations help your cause? Or are you just genuinely showing your lack of knowledge? We can simply say "oh look, another rabid anti-gun person that is arguing from a point of ignorance". You are not helping your argument.

To get my carry permit in what can be classified as a "weak gun control" state I got fingerprinted, photographed, background checked by the FBI, background checked by state and local law enforcement, payed a considerable amount of money, and went through a gun training course that included legal use of firearms and marksmanship (which I in turn further suplement by periodic visits to the gun range).

Old 02-28-2013, 07:38 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Sorry dude but taking them away following registration has been a publically stated goal FOR YEARS.... You might want to become better informed about your own party.
My own party? I don't consider myself a member of any party. As I said I am NOT a BO fan. I don't hate him like some do, but I don't particularly like what he's doing on a few things. I did vote for him ONLY because I liked Mitt Romney even less. Y'know... lesser of two evils and all that. But Mitt would be doing the exact same thing re: gun control today.

Publicly stated goal? Well if that's true that it should take you all of 2 minutes to provide me a link that backs that up.

Here's what I really don't get: how do smaller magazines, and requiring more stringent licensing HURT law abiding citizens? I don't understand anyone's opposition to this.
"well, getting rid of large magazines won't keep these kinds of things from happening"
No, maybe not, but it won't keep a law abiding citizen from enjoying his gun any less, will it? Maybe it will. I don't know. Apparently it will.
And more stringent licensing? Again this may not stop these things from happening, it wouldn't have stopped Newtown when dude stole mommy's guns, but it makes common sense, doesn't it? How can people be opposed to this?
None of this is that big of an inconvenience to law abiding citizens. I just don't get the opposition. If this saves even ONE CHILD over the next 10 years... isn't it worth the really minor inconvenience?

I get some folks that love Assault Rifles might be mad about that one. I am just referring to the first 2 here.

THis should probably be in great debates. We are just debating the same old stuff now... nothing to do with psych.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:49 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I get some folks that love Assault Rifles might be mad about that one. I am just referring to the first 2 here.
Sorry, I know you are trying to be fair compared to others. But I have to add the below:

You realize that an assualt rifle (by definition a select fire automatic weapon) is already heavily regulated, right? I know of no proposed law by the current Administration to increase this regulation, mostly because none is needed (only one murder is on record as occuring by means of assualt rifle in the last 80 years or so).

ohhhhh...or do you mean the news-media defintion of "scary looking gun with black plastic parts". Those are not assualt rifles.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:57 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post

Here's what I really don't get: how do smaller magazines, and requiring more stringent licensing HURT law abiding citizens? I don't understand anyone's opposition to this.
"well, getting rid of large magazines won't keep these kinds of things from happening"
No, maybe not, but it won't keep a law abiding citizen from enjoying his gun any less, will it? .
If the law does nothing why have it?

Better to enforce the laws we already have...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology