Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2013, 09:59 AM

799 posts, read 1,094,291 times

Advertisements

If you sit and think about it People in The Country of America, has never as a collective seen war; yes we've seen the effects of a war such as economic destabilization and maybe a few somber accounts of war from the army men of this country that we heard alot over the past half century.

But we've never seen war. Actually experience gunfights, soldiers mobilized on streets doing car patrols and foot-rounds, in tanks in some areas for years. I think gunfights and dead bodies would be the thing that would jar most Americans, do actually see dead bodies throughout all major cities during war.

The people of Iraq and Afghanistan has seen this for the past decade how do you think this has effecting them mentally, and the children especially growing up seeing this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 03:40 PM

19 posts, read 33,182 times
People become desensitized to death, how did you think people felt in other centuries during the crusades and other conflicts?

Old 03-15-2013, 05:46 PM

934 posts, read 402,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post

But we've never seen war.

let me keep it simple. (Because right now if I start going into details it may turn out to be a 100+page novel and who's gonna read it. Yes, I am able to write a book on this subject).

What I'd like to say to everybody reading and to all in general: count your blessings, work on resolving major conflicts, fight with words for the next 100 years if you want. Doesn't matter. Open any sore question, issue, problem, discuss the hell out of it, whatever, to find a peaceful solution.

Everything and anything but war. Because war solves nothing. It just creates more FUBAR (f..ked up beyond any repair) situations, only to add to the mess it was believed it would solve in the first place (but never did).

It's not just situations you can imagine, based on the film you've seen. It is also filled with s..t you can't fathom. Unfathomable becomes everyday reality. Some things you took for granted become impossible to accomplish. Simple, daily things.

And there's one firm rule: the bigger the place, the bigger the mess. (US is one very big place. You better start working on peace, like, today. Of course, I have no idea if there's ever going to be a war in your yard. But I'm afraid, you might not know it either. There's no one there to see the signs. )

It's not just a mess while it lasts. It remains a mess longer after it ends.

And it doesn't end in a couple of weeks like everybody wishful thinks in the beginning. Ah, no, wars tend to last for 4 years or so.

Some may have been in war like soldiers on other territories. But it's a different story. However painful it might get, your family is safe back home and so is your house.

And nobody is a winner. Even the winning side isn't a winner. Just a few people win in such mess and they are known as warlords.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:31 PM

799 posts, read 1,094,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
let me keep it simple. (Because right now if I start going into details it may turn out to be a 100+page novel and who's gonna read it. Yes, I am able to write a book on this subject).

What I'd like to say to everybody reading and to all in general: count your blessings, work on resolving major conflicts, fight with words for the next 100 years if you want. Doesn't matter. Open any sore question, issue, problem, discuss the hell out of it, whatever, to find a peaceful solution.

Everything and anything but war. Because war solves nothing. It just creates more FUBAR (f..ked up beyond any repair) situations, only to add to the mess it was believed it would solve in the first place (but never did).

It's not just situations you can imagine, based on the film you've seen. It is also filled with s..t you can't fathom. Unfathomable becomes everyday reality. Some things you took for granted become impossible to accomplish. Simple, daily things.

And there's one firm rule: the bigger the place, the bigger the mess. (US is one very big place. You better start working on peace, like, today. Of course, I have no idea if there's ever going to be a war in your yard. But I'm afraid, you might not know it either. There's no one there to see the signs. )

It's not just a mess while it lasts. It remains a mess longer after it ends.

And it doesn't end in a couple of weeks like everybody wishful thinks in the beginning. Ah, no, wars tend to last for 4 years or so.

Some may have been in war like soldiers on other territories. But it's a different story. However painful it might get, your family is safe back home and so is your house.

And nobody is a winner. Even the winning side isn't a winner. Just a few people win in such mess and they are known as warlords.
My point exactly, this country as a whole would not fathom such an event. The huge mess, and the years that it goes on. A person was made to create [a life; baby] not destroy, if a person grows up seeing nothing but destruction and lives being taken away slowly but surely, it will effect them.

I agree the US should start working on peace, they have waay too many enemies and too many surrounding them (and their assets) I think even if they reconcile and make peace with it's adversaries, it will be too little too late.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:57 PM

19,010 posts, read 27,557,249 times
It's another question that is so rhetorical that it will only produce a bunch of hot air as responses.

But here's suggestion to OP:

Beware what you asking for
As it will be given onto the.

And that is coming from a guy who grew in a country where around 30 million lives were lost in WW2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology