U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 07:57 PM

584 posts, read 1,133,139 times

Advertisements

I find it rather easy to sense negative energy and danger around me even when it is not obvious. Many times, I have predicted when certain people would start acting out violently in a public setting well beforehand.

I was at the pool hall with some friends a few weeks ago. None of us were drinking. But there was this young guy playing pool with his friends at the table next to us. Out of all of his friends, there was an overwhelming restless negative energy about him that was rubbing off on me. He wasn't talking loud or staring at us either. He was a skinny white dude of average height with a lot of tattoos all over his arms and neck. He seemed drunk. Less than five minutes later he was in my buddy's face talking loudly and shoving him seriously wanting to fight him for no reason.

Another time, I was eating a personal pizza outside on a nice day in my neighborhood when the sun started to go down. My friends who I was hanging out with had gone there separate ways. While I was sitting on a bench eating my pizza by myself I noticed two teenage black boys around the ages of 16-19 standing talking in front of a shuttered old fast food restaurant in the distance about a hundred feet away. I felt that same vibe of alarming negative energy about them and knew they were watching me even though they were not staring. Once I got up and started walking, the two teenagers began walking as well and eventually crept up behind me and said "nice shoes". You could cut the tension in the air with a knife. I could sense that these kids didn't care and would not hesitate to rob me in an instant. One of the teenagers said "ain't nobody gonna rob you". Luckily, I was walking near a tennis court where there were a group of middle aged adults chatting after their game. I walked to them as close as possible, before the teenagers kept walking past me towards the dark path as they kept craning their heads towards me to see if I would follow them down the path, which I didn't.

I also sense negative energy and danger in crowded bars, concerts and nightclubs before fights break out. It is much easier to sense danger when you are sober.

Negative energy and danger is much easier to sense in bad neighborhoods with high crime rates. I live right outside of Baltimore and driving through the average block in East or West Baltimore when there are tons of people outside will have you locking your doors and feeling scared or blaring the most violent ominous sounding gangsta rap with your baseball cap pulled low in a message to say "Don't @#(% with me!"

Why is it that it is easy for some people such as myself to pick up on negative energy and danger even before people begin to act out on violent impulses?

Last edited by LunaticVillage; 04-18-2013 at 08:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 08:09 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,442,649 times
Basically, because some of us are more in tuned to our "senses" than others. It comes more readily to some than it does to others. So like with writing, some of us are naturally gifted with it and then improve it through continuous use, others have to work harder to be good at it. So it's kind of like that.

It might just be a more natural thing for you.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:56 AM

4,762 posts, read 11,055,262 times
I guess it is because you understand other people. Are "in tune" with what is going on around you.

Some people do not have a clue. Like I once saw an older "weakling" man wearing all sorts of jewelry to a bar. He later walked home alone and was robbed. I saw him another time later at the same bar wearing jewelry again. He was asking what he could do to protect himself... I said don't wear jewelry! (Duh!) He didn't get it...

For myself in that same situation - bad neighborhood - walking home alone late at night. I dress down. Look like a bum. If I see a shopping cart on the sidewalk, I will grab it and walk it home. Message to other people: He is a homeless bum and does not have a penny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or