U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 06:15 PM

280 posts, read 561,295 times

Advertisements

Get over yourself, OP.

There are so many problems in society. Do something useful; get a hobby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 06:16 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,303,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Unless you know your family history bit by bit you really don't know that you are pure AA. And for the record there are plenty of blonde-haired, blue-eyed white people who have some history of Native American ancestry.
You might be right, but the degree of black mixture is usually reflected by the way someone look though. Even if that's not the case, I think the original poster is strictly refering to how much blackness a person is by the way they appear.

Even if Beyonce has more black mixture than Kelly Rowland, it matters more to the original poster that Kelly inherited more of the African look than Beyonce, EVEN IF Kelly has less black mixtures. But chances are, Beyonce has less black mixture than Kelly.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:32 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,473 posts, read 13,424,372 times
Yes.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:46 PM

1,459 posts, read 2,123,305 times
When it comes to black men, my esthetic preference is blue black. Completely ebony. So striking.

I have to imagine that some men feel the same way about very dark skin on women.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:51 PM

13,292 posts, read 10,111,385 times
What the hell is wrong with these nutty ass females who are ashamed of who and what they are? Go seek therapy! You and that other snicker broad (if you are not one and the same) need to find one another and form a support group for the hopeless instead of coming on C-D making a complete azz of yourselves ARRRRRRGH!

Old 05-21-2013, 12:54 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,035,700 times
Default Light a candle; don't curse the darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi234 View Post
I think I am developing paranoia and severe depression due to hating my skin color. Is there any hope for me? What would you do if you experienced this issue?
Some of the most beautiful women I've ever known were dark-skinned women. Full of depth, an incredible feel to their bodies like no other, and silky smooth skin, these women are the most passionate of lovers. It was the duty of your parents to make you feel like the unique, special, attractive woman that you are. They failed in this regard, so you must seek professional help.

If you don't want to seek professional help, then for God's sake get yourself involved in activities so you can appreciate the finer aspects of being a human being. You need a deeper perspective. Learn how to play the violin and join a chamber orchestra. Go get a PhD in a respectable field, something you never dreamed you'd accomplish. Become a lawyer. Get yourself in excellent physical shape, something that takes the kind of discipline and resolve that builds self-respect and self-pride. Read that story about the person who survived and accident where acid melted her face. She now pleads for mercy killing. A few years ago, in San Jose, I watched a woman being pushed in a wheelchair. She had no arms and no legs. You think you have problems?

Light a candle. Don't curse the darkness.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:16 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,227,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
You know, Bambi234 has a point. There are degree of blackness; being 85% black is different than being 65% black. There are even differences between Destiny's Child members:

Youu don't know what you are talking about.
Tthere are light skinned people who are 100% African,and dark skinned people who are 0% black african
That is ignorance,but you are in Australia..
Do you see many aboriginals? They come in all shades.
Take a look in YOUR own backyard. The evidence is there.

Last edited by jerseygal4u; 05-21-2013 at 01:30 AM..

Old 05-21-2013, 01:36 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,227,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
You might be right, but the degree of black mixture is usually reflected by the way someone look though. Even if that's not the case, I think the original poster is strictly refering to how much blackness a person is by the way they appear.

Even if Beyonce has more black mixture than Kelly Rowland, it matters more to the original poster that Kelly inherited more of the African look than Beyonce, EVEN IF Kelly has less black mixtures. But chances are, Beyonce has less black mixture than Kelly.

This is nuts.
Maybe this is the reason the OP has a complex about herself?
I've known 2 people from the same family,same parents,one came out light,one came out dark.
So what does that mean?
Let me ask you this..one of those kids is dark skinned,with long hair and light brown eyes,and the light skinned one has short hair and more West African facial features,are you going to tell me the dark skinned one has more african genes???
I'm not sure how that works?

Old 05-21-2013, 01:36 AM

130 posts, read 177,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Youu don't know what you are talking about.
Tthere are light skinned people who are 100% African,and dark skinned people who are 0% black.
That is ignorance,but you are in Australia.
Do you see many aboriginals? They come in all shades.
Take a look in YOUR own backyard. The evidence is there.
I'm having a hard time believing this isn't the OP. Funny how u don't chime in until she disappears, now here u are to pick up right where she left off arguing with everyone, even people who seem to be agreeing w u. (See latest post) There was someone that said this thread has to be fake, and I'm starting to think he's right. Are u here to ask for help, and when someone does, completely throw them under the bus?? You sound like someone who could use the Lord in their life. It's a wonderful way to live.

-Romans 12:2

Old 05-21-2013, 01:37 AM

130 posts, read 177,460 times
Can a mod please close this pathetic waste of a thread??? Thank u.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or