Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 09:11 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,630,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltforSin View Post
It's because some people are too lazy and inconsiderate to walk 20 feet to put their cart in the proper place.
Yeah they have the mentality of thinking they are getting away with something, let the other guy deal with it!

You know, I hope that some folks that are lazy and don't put their cart back and just put it in a grassy area or leave it out in the middle that when they read this will maybe get some good from this thread and change their ways. When you do what's right it just feels good!

One of my past employers would give out quarterly awards and one was the GEM award. Going The Extra Mile....this would be going a few extra feet! And reward yourself cause you did the right thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 09:13 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,630,343 times
Isn't it Big Lots that has the carts with the big pole on one side that won't clear the door if you try to take it outside? If you bought a cart full I'm not sure what you'd be expected to do in order to get it to your car.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:29 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
"What causes people to think ...?"

Why, I don't think there is any thinking involved......not one thought.

Maybe someone has already said that....couldn't catch up on so many pages.
I have a Toyota truck as a second car...I regularly (bec of nearby apts), for
exercise, go around and put them in the back and take them to the supermarket parking lot.
A neighbor said call up the market...then I wouldn't have ANY exercise in my life, Ha!

Old 08-25-2013, 10:54 AM

18 posts, read 23,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I try to live my life as if some kid wearing my jersey number is watching.
I love this statement. I try to live like that too, but never put it into such precise words.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:23 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
That would be a disaster here in California. Since most cities here don't let stores give out bags anymore. Most people just load the groceries directly from the cart into the trunk of their car. With posts like that, people would not be able to buy more then three or four items at a time.

Anyway those posts sound incredibly inconsiderate to the customs. I would defiantly avoid shopping at a store like that. A better solution would be to make sure that there are enough customer service employees in the lot to immediately retrieve the carts.
One, not sure if you really meant "defiantly" or if you were trying to type definitely.

Two, a better solution would be for people to actually do what they're supposed to do and put the carts in the cart corrals rather than expecting the store to pay yet more people to do it for them (thus raising prices for everyone, by the way, because the pay has to come from somewhere) because they're too lazy or entitled to do it themselves.

It also drives me nuts when people just fling the cart in the general direction of the cart corral because it would just kill them to walk five extra steps. I'll take the time to straighten out the cart corral on occasion, so more carts can go in it.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:34 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,371,365 times
I can't imagine the mental density and cluelessness of people so careless and un-self-conscious,
to do all manner of things that *some* people do... .
I don't litter, and I don't "just leave stuff" in random/mess-making locations.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:43 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Lazy and entitled seems to be the best answer I have. My dad was always angry about that and I have watched more than one car hit by the same cart when the wind came up. I always put them where they belong and usually grab a couple of extra even on our way into the store to make up for the lazy losers who think they are "all that".

Old 08-25-2013, 01:02 PM

396 posts, read 1,852,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlelu View Post
Parking close to a corral is good but right next to it is bad. Your car gets dinged. Some return it to the corral but not inside it, hanging on your car!
I park far away from the store entrance (but near a corral). Off on my own.... by where the employee-marked parking is at. That way no little kids are opening up their door into mine.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:20 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky-Blue View Post
I park far away from the store entrance (but near a corral). Off on my own.... by where the employee-marked parking is at. That way no little kids are opening up their door into mine.
That is what I always try to do too.

I will also snag a stray cart on my way into the store.....I always think I just may be saving someone's car from getting dinged.

There have been a few times when I didn't return a cart.....when a parking lot hasn't been cleared of snow properly. After I struggle and just barely manage to get the cart to my car.....I will shove it far enough into deep snow so it at least won't roll or get blown into someone's car.

One time last winter there was a parking lot that was so bad that I asked for a stock boy to help me get the cart to my car......with him pulling and me pushing we still had a hard time.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:27 PM

207 posts, read 336,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Gee, thanks but no thanks.

And it's your way of being lazy - not thoughtful. Don't kid yourself because you're sure as heck not kidding anyone else.

Take it to the corral. What's so difficult about that?

By the way, karma's a real *****, so don't be flappin' your jaws about it when someone's runaway cart scrapes up the side of your car.
I was joking about the pushing the cart thing lol, but I do leave it wherever I feel. I keep seeing all these good samaritans saying they walk for 30 seconds because they need the exercise LOL. I guess if being lazy is lifting weights every single day until your muscles give out, and then doing cardio workout for 30 mins., then you can just start calling me the white fat Albert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology