Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 12:49 AM

1,502 posts, read 2,666,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Yes and I already gave you my explanation. I think they're lazy low lifes.
No news flash, the laws of the USA are absurdly strict. Once again, people can and do look for any release that is not illegal as you mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Just take it to the corral! Damn!

Remember your cavalier attitude the next time you wonder where that huge scratch on the side of your car came from. Karma, karma, baby!

Do you chunk your litter out of the car as you drive down the road, too?
Chucking litter out of the car...another example of activity that may be illegal but in most instances is not enforced. The same jerks throw their cigarette out their window at my car at the same spot on the highway almost every night. Who is going to do anything about it? What can I possibly do about it? The cops won't do anything and if I do it would be criminal suddenly.

Old 08-27-2013, 12:54 AM

No one says that I endorse the behavior. I am simply stating that it is certainly yet another way to be a jerk in America that no one can do much about without being a criminal.

Old 08-27-2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
You have some messed up thinking. I am thankful to the parents of everyone (myself included) who were raised NOT to be like this.
The question asked was *why*, you may not like the answer but you can't definitively say that I do this. As a matter of fact I don't. I don't like my doors dinged up, so I put the cart away. I guess your parents didn't raise you to *think* outside the box. I can't wait to stick some bubble gum in your path.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:04 AM

176 posts, read 520,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
I've noticed that the biggest offenders seem to be Wal-Mart shoppers. I can't help but notice that, on average, there are many more carts abandoned throughout the parking lot at Wal-Marts than any other stores. So maybe it has something to do with poor people don't respect themselves, so therefore they don't respect others?
Oh sure like all WalMart shoppers are poor and have no self respect. Get off your high horse, your lame prejudices are showing.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:47 AM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Hello... as a retail worker, leaving the carts is giving some one a job- which you all could care less about.-- me me me---

Old 08-27-2013, 05:51 AM

2,353 posts, read 3,860,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Hello... as a retail worker, leaving the carts is giving some one a job- which you all could care less about.-- me me me---
Leaving the carts in the corral gives someone a job too and without dinging cars.

Around here, the grocery stores have the baggers bring in the carts. If the baggers have to take twice as long to gather to carts from the parking lot, then the checkouts are down a bagger for twice as long.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:22 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhogHR View Post
LAZINESS!!! (I will snag a cart off the parking lot to get it away from my car, hopefully keeping it from rolling around causing dings, scratches & dents in my car.....also keeps me from having to untangle a cart from the line once inside).
Actually, I don't always put them back in the corrals as at some places they are too cheap to have many and it might be a long distance.

So, in those cases I will just make sure to put it against a post or put the wheels up on grass etc. and it's not rolling anywhere and hitting anyones car, it's just a little more work for the stock-boy to fetch.

The long distance isn't a factor due to laziness but other factors like running short on time, having small kids and sweltering heat etc etc.

I'd say 95% of the time I put it back in the corral, it's definitely a rarity.

What I'm a little puzzled by is how minor this is relative to the major bad deed in parking lots.....cutting across them quickly and\or cutting near parked vehicles while driving through parking lots not in lanes. My own son around age 5 almost got killed by a lady this way.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:29 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,828,546 times
People now days have no or little respect for themselves or other people. And for sure the last couple of generations that have been raised or raised themselves for sure have this attitude. They feel anything they do is acceptable and others will just take it.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:47 AM

2,325 posts, read 2,650,692 times
I always try to put the cart in the corral, but sometimes there are extenuating circumstances. For example, yesterday evening I stopped at the store to get Jello because I have a stomach bug. I also have rheumatoid arthritis and my left arm was killing me. I left the cart in an area close to the door (in an area where it wouldn't roll) but didn't take it all the way to the corral by the door. I was conscious of this fact but it was all I could do to keep moving at that point. Sometimes people are sick, in pain, etc. It's not always laziness. Don't be so quick to judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology