Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 12:34 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,210,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Is that why most road rage, criminal violence, and bar fights are started by women? Wait, they aren't.
We men are natural born warriors, we often enjoy killing or at least hurting each other when things get serious, although most of the time we get along just fine with other men. Just look at history and the countless wars men have waged on each other.

Post #26 pretty much got it right. Put 10 guys together and for the most part they are going to get along. Put 10 women together, such as in the workplace or a social setting, and you will have cliques, rivalries, competition, catiness, and just plain more problems and conflict. Viva la difference!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 01:40 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,161,669 times
Antisocial personality disorder affects far more men than women. That's just one disorder out of many, but it's the one that is most dangerous to society at large. Just look at the prison population. Petty workplace drama is nothing compared to violent crime.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:23 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,779,154 times
Haha, had a perfect example today. Went and got a haircut. Lady that was cutting my hair asked another employee , who was gathering up her things, "Are you leaving for the day?" The other lady said "No, why ? I'm just moving my stuff to the back." When the lady left the girl who was cutting my hair said "She is SUCH a B..ch !! "

To me, as a man, the lady simply answered her question, but for some reason she had to take it as an insult.

Don

Old 08-28-2013, 11:46 PM

8,070 posts, read 6,947,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Antisocial personality disorder affects far more men than women. That's just one disorder out of many, but it's the one that is most dangerous to society at large. Just look at the prison population. Petty workplace drama is nothing compared to violent crime.
It is not just antisocial behavior. Men can be drama queens too they just use different tactics: anger, sarcasm, condescension, fake indifference, bullying etc. Some just justify it as normal behavior but is still destructive behavior. If a woman talks behind someone's back she is being catty, if a man does it, he is telling it as "it is" and he is just being a man, a warrior "Braveheart" or just the funniest comedian in the workplace.

In my opinion both sexes are quite similar. Some troubled men like some troubled women love to gossip and talking behind people's back.

In my opinion both sexes have the same demons, they just get judged differently since most social rules were established by men. It hasn't been that long since women were still called "little" "fragile" and institutionalized in mental asylums for displaying unchaste behavior. We are not that drastic anymore but many still see women as "defective" by nature because it makes them feel superior. It's quite convenient to feel superior about things you were born with like gender or skin color, that means you can never lose your high place in your hierarchy. You can always lose money, prestige, mental capacity but not your gender.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:43 AM

2,349 posts, read 5,423,868 times
Study shows men just as likely to be depressed as women - latimes.com

Old 08-29-2013, 12:13 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,153,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
We men are natural born warriors, we often enjoy killing or at least hurting each other when things get serious, although most of the time we get along just fine with other men. Just look at history and the countless wars men have waged on each other.

Post #26 pretty much got it right. Put 10 guys together and for the most part they are going to get along. Put 10 women together, such as in the workplace or a social setting, and you will have cliques, rivalries, competition, catiness, and just plain more problems and conflict. Viva la difference!
I can't really agree with any of this. A minority of men are warriors (physically or otherwise). I won't say majority, maybe a sizable minority, are more juvinile and this accounts for much of the violence IMO. A warrior fights for a cause - the ninnie caught up in the drunken bar fight does not fall under that umbrella.

As far as the work place example goes I've seen it both ways. Although, when you have a group of women together, and one of then has a serious problem, the group rallies to help (from large causes to small, personal issues). This has always impressed me about the women I've known no matter how fiesty some have been.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:17 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,608,048 times
Everyone is on their own unique life path - so I would say it's a toss-up.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:05 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,439,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Individuals have issues. Not entire genders.
This.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:11 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,620,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Yes the poster was wrong, you don't want stereotypes, you just want an specific stereotype: "Women have more issues than men"

So when you are given logical answers like both genders have issues you claim your question is not being answered or that you are just getting a "generic answer"
Wrong again. I never said I wanted stereotypes and I certainly never claimed that my questions were not being answered in fact I never even expressed an opinion on the matter myself, I simply asked a question and welcomed the different opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology