Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 04:35 PM

255 posts, read 407,197 times

Advertisements

It's not that I hate being female, but I've always believed my life would have been a lot easier if I would have been born a male.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 01:05 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,792,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
1. Anyone here who feels that they don't want to be their gender of birth, but don't want to be the other gender either?

I am one of those people. Are there any options for people like me? Do gender neutral communities exist?
1. I suppose that I might somewhat fall into this description, but in a different way than you describe it. Frankly, the idea of me rotating between functioning as a male and functioning as a female (while I would have a female body and a more-or-less androgynous face) sounds pretty appealing to me.

2. As for options, try doing some research on this. There might be some forums and/or blogs which discuss this issue, as well as the websites for certain such communities which meet up in real life (if you know what I mean here).

Old 03-01-2014, 01:07 AM

Quote:
I'm asexual.
I thought that you were bisexual or pansexual. Anyway, isn't this what you previously told me?

Or (given the date of your post here) did something change in regards to this over the last several months?

Or am I honestly confusing you with someone else here?

Old 03-01-2014, 01:24 AM

Quote:
I am 6'5. Trust me, it plays on my mind daily, towering over everyone and feeling like some sort of freak on stilts (because my legs are disproportionately long compared to my torso).

My issue is very much my gender though. Being tall has basically prevented me from trying to fix that. I have mulled over it many times and there's no fixing this. No amount of talking about it, therapy or pills will make any difference. I loathe my body, my appearance in general. There is absolutely no chance of me being content this way, never mind happy. My confidence is shot anyway from years of bullying and personal failure. I'm only here because I am too much of a coward to commit suicide, so I do my best to exist in my own world, in my own hole and away from people.
Disclaimer: I did not read the entire conversation. Thus, please don't get offended by what I say here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In regards to your height, there are some females who are the same height or a greater height than you are. Thus, I don't think that one's height should prevent one from functioning as the gender which one considers himself or herself to be. Honestly, I myself would certainly not mind going out with and/or marrying a (very) tall woman--in fact, all other things being equal, taller women might actually be more attractive to me than shorter women. I myself am pretty tall (I am about 6 feet and 0 inches), and I am currently a biological male (though this can change in the future); that said, I have no problem with having a date/girlfriend/wife who is much taller than I am.

In regards to bullying, I honestly think that individuals who bully others (especially for something such as one's gender identity) are vile scum. For the record, I myself have been bullied (but for different reasons), so I do have some sort of taste as to what it is like.

In regards to suicide, honestly, I think that this is a horrible decision if one is not mentally ill. Of course, I am not in your position (I am gender-fluid, not transgender), but I do want to point out that suicide is permanent and that things might very well get better for you in the future. After all, we are gradually becoming a (much) more tolerant country and society, and honestly, this appears to be something that we should be proud of.

Old 03-01-2014, 01:25 AM

P.S.: If you don't mind me asking, Amy, are you "non-creep" (as in did you previously get your username changed)?

Old 03-01-2014, 07:13 AM

798 posts, read 1,459,908 times
Your problem is not about your tallness, it's about shame and hypersensitivity. You are ashamed of yourself maybe because you were bulled in school for other kids, and u had inadequate parents that didn't fulfill ur needs. So you chose to be "in the middle" just to avoid the pain of having to be treated different. It works like a protection. So your choosing is not about sex, it's an emotional dilemma in deep. Even though being in the middle will cause you emotional problems because human beings are made to share love each other.

I strongly recommend to stay away from ppl that are eager to label you as "gay" in cases like urs, becase you are not gay.

i'd strong recommend you read about major basketball guys lifestyle in their early years. U'll be amazed how similar their stories are like yours, and how they overcome their fears of being "different".

Last edited by angelscorpio; 03-01-2014 at 07:26 AM..

Old 03-02-2014, 12:10 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,349 times
I want to be a billionaire. Wake up on a yacht, not work, and have beautiful naked women constantly around me. This will probably not happen, though my fingers are still crossed.

That doesn't mean I can't wake up and be happy for the things I am blessed with.

I'm no expert in this subject you are discussing. But reading all these crazy theories, names they have come up for different issues, etc may be doing you more harm then good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology