Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 06:25 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,502,785 times

Advertisements

The recent story about the 2 girl bullies driving another girl to suicide has really gotten under my craw. I was bullied in middle and high school - not that bad - but bullied just the same so I can relate to the dead girl. I see the faces of those girl bullies and just know for the rest of their lives they are going to be rotten bullies - I believe their evil personalities are already formed. I think most people that have been bullied would like to see a harsh punishment for these girls. And I also think bullies will think their punishment will be excessive. I don't think most bullies know they are bullies.
Your thoughts on this? Not sure I spelled bullies the right way - LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 06:55 PM

71 posts, read 255,262 times
I'd like to hope that they will regret their bullying at some point in the future. But I'm not then. I think we'll have to wait and see how things pan out.

There's an interesting book about girls and bullying called Odd Girl Out. It might interest you.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:00 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Mean Girl Syndrome. They grow up, and are still bullies. I worked with one, she was toxic.

Yes, they know they are bullies, and they revel in their "power" to harass you. The worst thing you can do to a bullie, is ignore them. It leeches their power.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:49 PM

35,693 posts, read 21,049,622 times
think where stand your ground got its name.. you stand uof for self as usually bullys are lacking BIG time.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:04 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
The recent story about the 2 girl bullies driving another girl to suicide has really gotten under my craw. I was bullied in middle and high school - not that bad - but bullied just the same so I can relate to the dead girl. I see the faces of those girl bullies and just know for the rest of their lives they are going to be rotten bullies - I believe their evil personalities are already formed. I think most people that have been bullied would like to see a harsh punishment for these girls. And I also think bullies will think their punishment will be excessive. I don't think most bullies know they are bullies.
Children or not, they're bad people, they will never change. What they put that poor girl through was disgusting. It's sickening, just like that poor Irish girl who killed herself a couple of years or so ago for the same reasons. Clearly there isn't enough of a deterrent out there to reduce the risk of this happening, plus the internet has become another outlet for bullying. Perhaps social media sites need to do more to crack down on this by banning users who engage in such behavior. Schools don't do enough overall to prevent bullying and to protect the victims. You also have to wonder what kind of parents are breeding these monsters who are practically murderers in my eyes and should be punished much more harshly and made to regret their actions.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:31 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,289,193 times
girl bullies are much more likely to get a pass than their male counterparts

especially in adult life , a female bully in the workplace for example is more often than not labelled a strong woman who is busy fighting for her place in an alledgedly male dominated environment , if anyone tries to call her out on her bullying , she can whip out the sexists card pronto

Old 10-18-2013, 07:48 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Ok I'm probably a bully based on your definition OP

I don't know all the details of this case but it seems to me these girls hated the girl who committed suicide. I would like to hear their side of the story. I wanna know what is making them think that way. I think anger is capable of making regular human beings very cruel. Some will wake up when a life is lost but some don't because it's a defense mechanism.

I think a narcissist is capable of acting like those girls did, not necessarily a psychopath.

I grew up in another country and anger was (well is) a common theme. Some of my friends did some acts of bullying like throw eggs in people's home and break windows but it was always because they hated the person on the receiving end, not because the person was an easy target. In the US when I saw bullying it was always males praying on the weak, but to be honest I didn't see much bullying in high school

Edit I saw bullying in a workplace in the US it was a group of females in their late teens who hated 2 of our coworkers. They always excused their behavior by saying the girls were evil creatures. In my opinion they were extremely cruel with one of them, but in the bullies' eyes these girls were evil and they deserved it. One of them quit because she couldn't handle the pressure.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:05 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Like the other case where the bullied girl killed herself, a boy is at the center of this one. Both girls were unstable as well. It's a bad mix. I don't know what the bullying consisted of, can't find details so can't make a judgement. The sheriff is off the wall on this, trying to prosecute some parents and lawyers are saying no way.

The girl was being homeschooled after incidents at school. Then she was being harassed online? How about her mother setting privacy filters so only her friends could communicate with her. Supposedly she was being texted, so get rid of texting on her phone, change the # or only accept texts from known numbers.

Those girls should not have been stalking her but her parents could have done more to protect her at the same time they were trying to get the harassment to stop. Adults need to get involved, these bullies are just kids, twelve and fourteen, typical age of mean girl syndrome. They don't think ahead of consequences and will fight to extremes over boys.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:08 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
The main bully in my previous story (at the workplace) was actually not a rotten person. She got along with most people and was popular because she had a good sense of humor. This was more than 15 years ago. I don't talk to her but I saw a facebook page with old pictures from that time and she made a mean comment about someone in a picture like "I hated that mf piece of ***". I don't remember the details but it was a very nasty comment. I think she has major anger issues, she still speaks like a high school student about someone she hasn't seen in more than 15 years. It was just not obvious to us back then because she was very likeble but I didn't agree with her bullying.

From what I remember she was a good person but when someone became a target, she wouldn't stop at anything. Maybe she was a borderline. I don't know, I know she wasn't a rotten person most of the time. I was her friend but I wasn't present when all this bullying took place(coincidence) She wasn't very attractive and had a rough life, she told me she was molested by her stepfather. Maybe that influenced her character and made her such angry person.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:16 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,502,785 times
Yes, I am sure the girl bullies had some type of abuse in their lives that caused them to bully - but I don't feel sorry for them - they know what right and wrong is. I also think the fact that the dead girl was very pretty and the bullies were kinda ugly might have been a part of it since they were fighting over a boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology