Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2016, 11:18 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,674,960 times

Advertisements

Do I ever miss being my younger self, now that I am older?

Nope. My younger self was an idiot. Look at the mess he left me in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 12:01 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,512 times
Do people start to look old in their 30s? That sounds abnormal to me.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:19 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,641,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Do people start to look old in their 30s? That sounds abnormal to me.
I didn't go through 20 pages of this topic to see if you posted your age, but how old are you?

Yes, they do. That's why everyone hates turning the big 3-0 because they know it's all downhill from there, your looks and your body.

20s really are the best years of one's life, in my opinion anyway. When you're a teen, you look young, but you're too young and stupid. When you're 30s, you're old and settled and boring. So 20s is the 10-year window when you are not too young or too old and you look the best and feel the best, and when you have a lot of freedom. That's why everyone in show biz at the height of their careers are in their 20s, especially for female pop singers.

Old 09-30-2016, 02:03 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
I didn't go through 20 pages of this topic to see if you posted your age, but how old are you?

Yes, they do. That's why everyone hates turning the big 3-0 because they know it's all downhill from there, your looks and your body.

20s really are the best years of one's life, in my opinion anyway. When you're a teen, you look young, but you're too young and stupid. When you're 30s, you're old and settled and boring. So 20s is the 10-year window when you are not too young or too old and you look the best and feel the best, and when you have a lot of freedom. That's why everyone in show biz at the height of their careers are in their 20s, especially for female pop singers.
I hate it more because I didn't get to cash in on it. I've been robbed of the early years of adulthood so when I turn 30 I'll probly be more borderline suicidal (as much as one can be with thanatophobia) if things don't change anyway. The worst part is I have a baby face but my body feels so old sometimes due to my gastritis and even though they are not that many I have never had hair on my chin before..to develop them in recent years makes me feel really old and gross. I also know that I am not even near obese but sometimes I really miss my skinny body despite how weak it was so having a slight bloat in my stomach bothers me.
I'm not meant to be 30 so this is just wrong on so many levels.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:21 AM

84 posts, read 70,651 times
Absolutely not. I love who I've become and wouldn't turn back the clock for anything. I made some questionable choices in my younger days and while I have no regrets, I don't wish to relive those experiences with the knowledge of how bad I screwed myself up. I'll admit, living carefree and having little to no responsibility was glorious. Those were definitely great times.

Old 10-03-2016, 11:49 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,126,531 times
Yes. At 67, I sure do miss being 35. I miss my children who were cute and funny then. I miss my wife who was DDG then. I miss myself when I would run 90 minutes without a problem then.

Yeah.... I miss myself at that age. And if I know what I know now, I would have had a much more enjoyable college experience, as well as gotten way way better grades.

Old 10-03-2016, 01:05 PM

473 posts, read 501,693 times
Yup. Have to wipe up all the spilled milk to go on. Set some goals and look ahead.

Old 10-03-2016, 01:58 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post

I'm 39.

I was fat in my 20s and slimmed down in my 30s. So this is the reverse for me. I look better and feel better now (well, when I'm not working and going to school at the same time and driving myself nuts lol).

I'm also black, and we don't age like that. My female relatives don't start to turn 'downhill' until menopause. Then, they look 'old'.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:58 AM

4,366 posts, read 4,576,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarPaladin View Post
Do you ever miss being your younger self, now that you are older?

I am currently in my early 30's...adult life is definitely not all it's made out to be in popular society; it's really just a rat race and a never-ending hamster treadmill, IMO TBH, I find that I actually miss and am frequently nostalgic for the days when I was younger (say 18 for example), quite a bit. To go backwards in time to happier, more care-free days, instead of forward, to the dreary and in some cases, the simply depressing life of the constantly-overworked, exhausting and ridiculously frenetic pace of adult life, where it seems all you do is work until you drop, if only from the pure exhaustion and fatigue...

Has anyone else ever felt like this?
Yeah, but I've had an advantage that I hope doesn't wane with age. I get to work with kids, so I've stayed in touch with my younger self. For a long time, I saw myself as just an older more mature kid.

Old 10-04-2016, 05:36 AM

2,557 posts, read 2,215,576 times
I'm 56 and of course I miss being 10 years old with not a care in the world. Just playing with my friends - no job/taxes/rent/etc. to be concerned about.

Of course, we all tend to remember the good times and not the bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology