Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2014, 10:32 AM

1,515 posts, read 2,273,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Water seeks its own level. So if you are gorgeous....most likely you will be able to hookup with other hot folks.

And the same goes for my fellow Uggos. Face it, if you are ugly and gruntling, like I am....better get used to going-out with and eventually marrying a fellow nightmarish-looking person:
Not really true. Romances and relationships come in all sizes.

Some of the pics on that site seem to be people with medical challenges/genetic abnormalities. Or folks into certain types of people.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:47 AM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy20 View Post
Not really true. Romances and relationships come in all sizes.

Some of the pics on that site seem to be people with medical challenges/genetic abnormalities. Or folks into certain types of people.
Actually the top photo looks like an app to me, that changes you into what you'd look like in a funhouse mirror.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:53 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
I just wish people wouldn't act like I am some kind of disgusting person. I work hard to make myself decent. I dress well with clothes that flatter my body. I style my hair. I am extremely clean. I whiten my teeth, and I make sure to make as many dentist appointments as I can to have healthy teeth. I have a good dental plan. I wear make up. Not too much, but enough. I am skinny, and I stay extremely active. The only time I was "fat" I had an giant ovarian cyst, but then I found out it wasn't fat, and once they took it out I lost 20 pounds. Other then that time in my life, I've always been at a good weight. However, my face just isn't pretty at all. It doesn't matter the amount of make up or how I keep my eyebrows or my hair, I look ugly. Everyone tells my face looks more like a man than a womans. If I ever get enough money I plan to have plastic surgery. I want facial female feminization surgery. It's a surgery transgender men to female get but some women get it as well. It's suppose to make the face look more feminine. I know for one thing I need a nose job because I have a huge nose. The only feature I like about my face are my eyes. But everyone has beautiful eyes.

I am always the butt of jokes though just because of my face. People don't understand that I didn't choose this face. I'd give anything to not have it.
Not so fast......

An androgynous look is HOT right now.....go with it!!!

8 Stunningly Beautiful Androgynous Models

Old 03-05-2014, 12:29 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,461,588 times
Quote:
Water seeks its own level. So if you are gorgeous....most likely you will be able to hookup with other hot folks.

And the same goes for my fellow Uggos. Face it, if you are ugly and gruntling, like I am....better get used to going-out with and eventually marrying a fellow nightmarish-looking person:
I agree with this. I'm extremely unfortunate looking, and I realize that I'm only going to attract (what society deems as) 3s and lower no matter what I do unless I become a millionaire or something. I'm fine with that. That's just how society works. Beautiful people typically find partners who match them. And ugly ones tend to do the same. The good news is there are some ugly people who are beautiful on the inside, and the more you get to know someone, the more attractive they can appear. Once you get past the rough exterior of a person, it can be a tremendously rewarding experience. As the odd-looking couple pictures prove, you can still be happy in a relationship even if your partner is homely or unattractive in some way. It's really being comfortable with who you are anyway.

I have attempted to swoon women who are out of my league before. It never works. I get, best case scenario, "friend zoned" so fast, and I'll be told I'm sweet or a great guy, but... That used to bug me, but now I realize that's how the game is played. You can either sit and sulk about it or go find someone that can make you truly happy. The truth is a pretty face or body of a relationship partner can only go so far in a relationship. Physical attraction of a mate alone has never made anyone permanently happy.

Yes, I realize that Uggos do end up with hot people sometimes. However, I've observed that that's more the exception than the norm, and it seems to be more accepted in some cultures than others i.e. I've seen a lot of hot Indian women with dorky looking guys lately. There's absolutely nothing that can be done to help ugly or severely unattractive people outside of an extreme makeover. Some people can do the best with what they have and still not be considered attractive. We hideous creatures just need to be okay with who we are and be reasonable with our expectations of a potential mate.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:49 PM

255 posts, read 407,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy20 View Post
Your post resonated with me. I don't have a feminine face. When I was growing up, people would tell my parents...."What a handsome son you have." I still remember some of the comments way back in 3rd grade. I also have quite a prominent nose. Throughout the military, I would often be mistaken as a man, especially if I had gotten a bad haircut. Retiring, I've grown my hair out a bit and with age, I think that my face has softened a bit. I still photograph exceptionally badly. I think I have just a few flattering photos of me but in many of them, I just look terrible. My hubby and kids on the other hand always look good lol.

With that said, I've just learned to be myself over the years. I have a pretty good sense of humor, try to be nice to folks, am physically active. I have a fairly forceful personality or at least had one in my working years. Throughout college I always had an active dating life and a plethora of friends. I've met many "odd" couples throughout life. Attractive partners married to unattractive ones. I think that personality at the end trumps looks. Looks can only go so far and if you have a crappy personality, that will hurt you at the end, no matter how good you look. Some of the most successful folks I've met have been "look challenged." That didn't stop them from going on to have a very successful life and successful relationships.

If people are mocking you and putting you down, get new friends. I wouldn't stand for it. If you are the butt of jokes, stop it now. I'm not sure how old you are or what stage of life you are in. If people made ugly jokes at anyone's expense in my workplace, they would have been reprimanded. It seems like you do quite a bit more with your looks than I ever did. I've always have been a tomboy. If plastic surgery will make you happy, go for it. Remember at the end though, you may still have the same insecurities. Heck, I finally fixed my teeth after 40 years of badly fitting crowns. At times I still have to remind myself that I can smile widely now.

Good luck to you and please don't let people put you down.
Well it's not really friends who do it. They used to but that was back in High School. They grew out of that, and usually they defend me if someone makes a comment. Actually my family was probably worst for it than anyone, but I don't see them as often now. I live in a different city than the town I grew up in. My mom used to tell me that I look too much like my father and she hates my face because of it. He died when I was little, and they never got along. She was never happy in the marriage. But my sister will makes comments as well. Like the one time I told her about this man I was really interested in, and I showed him to her because I have him on Facebook. She told me I was too ugly for him, and to stick with my own kind. And she's 29. And he isn't that good looking. Most people overlook him. I've never once gone for a man who is very hot. I stick to my league.

It's usually people who first meet me, or friends of my friends (people who aren't my friends, but I know them) who say things. Like they will say "Oh Ashley is single, why not go for her?" and the guy will say "Ew god no, she is so ****ing ugly, I'd rather be celibate for the rest of my life." when I am the butt of jokes. Or "Ashley's so pretty... pretty ugly!" So if my friends are hanging out with those friends, I don't usually go out with them.

Bust most people like my personality once they get to know me, and they also say I have a good sense of humour. The guys at work say I seem like just one of the guys sometimes, and they love it because they can make crude jokes and not worry I'll get offended. There is another lady who works there and you can't make any kind of joke or she'll run straight to HR or the supervisors. I made a joke once because one of the guys had a wet butt from slipping on the ice. Him and I were just joking around about it, it involved no one else. She overheard, and went to the supervisor and said I was making sexual harassment jokes. But anyway, I get along with most people and usually don't get into fights with anyone. I don't remember the last time I got in a fight.

Although it takes a while before some people will want to get to know me. One woman a few years ago admitted to me that she didn't want to talk to me at first because of my looks, and she felt bad for it but learned a lesson not to judge people by their looks. I'm still not sure to this day what to make of that. We get along now, but I just mean the fact that she had to learn a lesson like that in the first place when she's an adult not a teen. She's older than me. But those are the situations that bother me the most. When I was younger, it was something I accepted and figured people would grow out of it. However it bugs me the most that older people still do it. When do people grow up and realize that's stupid to make judgements or make fun of someone for something as silly as a persons face? Something that the person did not choose? I'm 27. I don't do stuff because I don't care, and plus I know how it feels. However in High School I did just because I was insecure. But I grew out of it. When do other people?

Old 03-05-2014, 04:16 PM

1,515 posts, read 2,273,448 times
I'm appalled at what I'm reading on this thread. I guess that I'm just too old at this point and society has really changed. Ashley, you have been subjected to cruelty from family members, coworkers, friends, etc. I can't fathom people acting like this and it makes me very sad. Big virtual hug from me.

Really no other advice than just to say hang in there and keep positive.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:55 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,161,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
I eat balanced. I go to the gym regularly (I usually do freestyle swimming). I am not overweight by any stretch of the imagination. If anything, I'm UNDERWEIGHT for my 6' 2" height. I just need to work on the toning. I have a little bit of a gut but can still easily touch my toes without bending my knees.

I dress presentable. Not trendy. But not like a bum either.

Like I said. For whatever reason, there is not a woman on the face of the planet that finds me attractive.
Unless you've traveled to Jamaica, Haiti, and Thailand, and tried to pick up women there (or let them pick you up), you shouldn't think no women on the face of the planet would find you attractive. They have different standards in different countries. I'd do some traveling if I had money!

Old 03-05-2014, 06:14 PM

306 posts, read 299,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Maybe there's something in the way you present yourself and not really your looks. Do you make the most of what you've got, dress well, walk with erect posture, appear friendly and open and confident?
I wish people would stop assuming what people do or dont do i know you dont think that somebody who does everything you said and still have nobody atrracted to them. I think you should take our word for it because you dont understand and I think you could.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:45 PM

181 posts, read 218,283 times
Quote:

Odd Couples | Offbeat Earth
These are lucky people who look far happier with their mates than most of the so called good looking people look with their mates.................

These are good solid loving marriages which will last a lifetime, they are blessed.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:09 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,333,328 times
I was told flat out to my face by a woman I know who used to be a stripper that she would choose the six foot tall, ninety pound Asian man over me and the 250 pound woman she was with agreed.

I have intentionally walked through areas known to be inhabited with hookers and have not been approached once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology