U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 11:23 AM

428 posts, read 398,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_Shroom12 View Post
Oh Princewilla, gosh dude...have a hug. ((Princewilla))

It's gonna be alright. Once, when I was down and out, a person that I look to in a Yoda sense gave me some sage advice:

"Snap the hell out of it."
Thanks for all that but any suggestions regarding my problem ?
Rate this post positively

Old 12-09-2013, 11:43 AM

19,059 posts, read 23,041,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
Things are under control miss.
Things are obviously not under control otherwise you wouldn't have these kinds of threads. If you were really interested in controlling your mind you would be seeking out the likes of Thich Nhat Hanh, not other broken men on the Internet.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:13 PM

428 posts, read 398,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Things are obviously not under control otherwise you wouldn't have these kinds of threads. If you were really interested in controlling your mind you would be seeking out the likes of Thich Nhat Hanh, not other broken men on the Internet.
Do watching Tom leykis shows count ?

Old 12-09-2013, 01:01 PM

19,059 posts, read 23,041,062 times
Quote:
Do watching Tom leykis shows count ?
Exactly.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:36 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,049,831 times
You sound like a thoughtful introvert but you are still emotionally young. I do sense a tone of anxiety though, which makes me wonder if you are just clever enough to make yourself think you don't want relationships that you actually yearn for deep down.

Perhaps you have intellectualized that you cannot have what you want, therefor it is beneficial (and less painful) to deny yourself these feelings. And the last bit of self-denial is that pesky physiological stuff that isn't quite as easy to deal with. But I think there is more going on here then just the physical piece. I think I could relate to some extent in my younger days.

Why decidedly do "anything" regarding women, sex, or relationships? I mean...why not focus on what it is you find passion in (engineering it seems) but not close the door on something you (admittedly) have no first hand knowledge of? You may be a particularly unique personality that can't just find "off the shelf" people to bond with (whether platonically or romantically or sexually) but that does not mean it is not possible. It is only possible or impossible if you make it so...so why make anything impossible that might be a really great experience?

The human experience, and ultimately what makes us unique from most creatures, is that we have the capability of having such rich emotional experiences. But emotion need not mean pain...it can mean incredible feelings that you never knew you could have for another person. It can mean you find somebody that truly appreciates "you". It can change your life perspective, purpose, and reasons for existing. It does require a level of emotional vulnerability to gain those benefits, but they need not be haphazardly rushed into. Slow & steady is perfectly fine and anybody that you would share such a bond with would also understand this about you.

My 2 cents (which may or may not be worth that much)....is that you are a very sensitive person that has not seen evidence of other such compatibilities in women that you have encountered. Perhaps you grew up in a very high society place where women (and perhaps people in general) put up affronts to conceal who they really are. And this is not obvious to you & your willingness to invest in other people has been eroded based on this. What you should know is that this world (and even the states, countries, etc.) are not all rinse/repeat mini-cultures and many of these breed many different people. You may need to travel a bit...really spend time away from what you know...in order to learn more about yourself. I think you would start to see that you can be who you always thought or wanted to be. It just takes the perspective of yourself that you just don't have at 18 yrs old.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:04 PM

17,368 posts, read 9,341,936 times
Quote:
Its very easy to say these things. " These beleives don't work in real life."
Everyone want to be in love like romeo and juliat but it only exist in books to fool people around.

Not true love. I've been married for 28 years to the love of my life and we have a wonderful relationship. Yes we hit some rocky patches but the love was always there. You're just a baby with very little life experience. Enjoy your youth and don't worry so much about such intense ideas that you think will shape your whole future. I remember a friends son around your age that wanted to be anarchist. We just rolled our eyes and laughed. Some day some one will come along and hit you right between the eyes and you won't be able to help yourself. For now just focus on your studies and let life take care of the rest.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:52 PM

2,079 posts, read 2,827,387 times
dude, you're still young like me. stop thinking about it and just focus on college/your career/hobbies.
and start masturbating....alot

Old 12-09-2013, 03:05 PM

4,739 posts, read 3,992,183 times
Doesn't castration stop sexual attraction?

Though it may cause other issues. . .

Old 12-09-2013, 03:06 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,955,351 times
sounds like you have a tendency toward an asexual aromantic relationship. You appreciate and respect women, define yourself as heterosexual but have neither the physical nor emotional need to be in a traditional relationship.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:08 PM

520 posts, read 932,022 times
Hint: you're allowed to spend time with females without getting married and getting them pregnant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.