U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-10-2013, 09:39 AM
 
993 posts, read 1,378,376 times
Reputation: 2018

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
perhaps i love my body and don't want to ruin it ?
any more advice ?
That's not ruining your body. Chemical castration, for example, is a kind of medical treatment that lowers your libido without chopping off your genitals OR sterilizing you and it's reversible. I don't know if it's available to everyone in the general public, but you should look into it.

...unless of course this was just yet another attention wh*re post by someone trying to rile up everyone around the forums. If so, kudos to you because it apparently worked. If that really is the case, as I suspect it is, everyone else needs to stop feeding the troll because your good ideas and genuine concern will fall on deaf ears.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 12-10-2013, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Loudon, TN
7,934 posts, read 6,303,314 times
Reputation: 27475
Many have suggested seeing the counselor at your college to help you work through this conflict you are experiencing. Have you any intention of following through with that? It must be very confusing and frustrating to be attracted to women while, at the same time, having such anxiety about, and negative views of, women and romantic relationships. Please see your counselor or your medical doctor to discuss these feelings.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-10-2013, 09:56 AM
 
428 posts, read 398,260 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Okay, I just read your response to MartinEden. I think I understand now. I am sorry you had bad experiences with your Aunt and Uncle, but that is not the norm. MOST marriages are healthier and happier. Maybe because of your OCD you are fixating on these negative thoughts. I know you say you have made peace with your OCD, but there is treatment, medications to help lessen it. Are you seeing a doctor for your OCD? Please consider taking medication to help you with it. The obsessive thoughts you describe are limiting your life and future. Having a partner in life is a wonderful thing. I have been with my hubby for 16 years and we have no children. We love each other and we let each other be our true selves with each other. We are there to support each other emotionally in hard times. This is the sort of thing that you will miss out on by shutting yourself off from romantic relationships. I know this is a tough time for you, but finding an understanding counselor to talk through all these things with could help you to understand that these feelings are confusing, but to be patient and open to people that you meet, and someday, maybe, you will meet someone who you can have a caring relationship with.

eta: I'm sorry I didn't mean asexual, I meant celibate.
Sorry but i am not buying this " most marriages are healthy and happier" thing. I haven't seen a single happy marriage in my life. And so many people stay in unhappy marriage due to financial reason or kids.
As for my Ocd. I don't believe in treatments or anything. There is no way a person can get rid of it. I have researched about it. But i have finally learned to live with it,
As for the romantic relationship ? Hmm. You already know my views about it but it seems like you have no solution for my question and just saying what others are saying,
Its ok, i understand. It may seem really hard for you guys to reply to a person whose views are different from others. I am not harming anyone. I am not abusing anyone. So why don't i deserve answers which i am looking for ?
Why people just come here and say " don't worry, things will get better" or " don't worry you will change your mind" or " are you nuts, you are so so weird ". I didn't asked this question to see if someone could change my mind by the example of their ultimate relationship.

But anyway, thanks for trying and i apologize if i was mean to you,
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-10-2013, 10:01 AM
 
428 posts, read 398,260 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
That's not ruining your body. Chemical castration, for example, is a kind of medical treatment that lowers your libido without chopping off your genitals OR sterilizing you and it's reversible. I don't know if it's available to everyone in the general public, but you should look into it.

...unless of course this was just yet another attention wh*re post by someone trying to rile up everyone around the forums. If so, kudos to you because it apparently worked. If that really is the case, as I suspect it is, everyone else needs to stop feeding the troll because your good ideas and genuine concern will fall on deaf ears.
Ok, i would try it soon. I would do anything to end this forever.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-10-2013, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Utica, NY
1,912 posts, read 2,718,551 times
Reputation: 3220
Transgender people undergoing gender reassignment take spironolactone along with hormones as it is an anti androgen and will greatly reduce your libido. Trust me on this

I don't recommend taking it without a prescription but just saying....
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-10-2013, 11:15 AM
 
6,040 posts, read 4,979,613 times
Reputation: 16753
You've got it all figured out, why are you bothering with asking for other opinions?

Certainly you've experienced everything you need to by now to know what life will be for your next 70 years. Lucky you!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-10-2013, 12:44 PM
 
428 posts, read 398,260 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
Transgender people undergoing gender reassignment take spironolactone along with hormones as it is an anti androgen and will greatly reduce your libido. Trust me on this

I don't recommend taking it without a prescription but just saying....
But i am not transgender. But it would google it for sure.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-10-2013, 01:01 PM
 
428 posts, read 398,260 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
You've got it all figured out, why are you bothering with asking for other opinions?

Certainly you've experienced everything you need to by now to know what life will be for your next 70 years. Lucky you!
.....................
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-10-2013, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
8,070 posts, read 5,875,048 times
Reputation: 5654
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
I am not harming anyone. I am not abusing anyone. So why don't i deserve answers which i am looking for ?
Why people just come here and say " don't worry, things will get better" or " don't worry you will change your mind" or " are you nuts, you are so so weird ". I didn't asked this question to see if someone could change my mind by the example of their ultimate relationship.
Maybe you might want to consider asking your question "how do I curb whatever" in the health or nutrition forum and save the part where you say that women's attitudes are the cause of your hate for marriage and parenthood. If you don't want that part discussed then you are better off not mentioning it. You are playing the victim card again, first it was the women, now it's the posters in this thread.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-10-2013, 02:18 PM
 
428 posts, read 398,260 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Maybe you might want to consider asking your question "how do I curb whatever" in the health or nutrition forum and save the part where you say that women's attitudes are the cause of your hate for marriage and parenthood. If you don't want that part discussed then you are better off not mentioning it. You are playing the victim card again, first it was the women, now it's the posters in this thread.
Ok. You guys are free to say whatever you want to say. My views are my views though.. I never played the victim card.
Anyway. There are still some posters who actually adviced me something worthwhile
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top