Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2013, 04:55 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,645,510 times

Advertisements

Everytime you feel attracted to a woman just think about mom..... or taxes. That should do the trick.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:27 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
This is my LAST topic in city data and I want to make it clear.

Based on my experience ( both in and out of internet ) it seems like women in general don't see any worth in their men after they have kids. Things like child support, alimony and welfare system act as a fuel to further the fire. I saw a documentary where women only need men for 5 years. It's during that time when the infant can't walk and mommy can't leave the house. After baby turns 5, she moves on. Apparently that's our nature.

I am actually a 18 year old and the things i have been exposed to like briffaults law, MGTOW, views of many women on men etc in internet make me hate the institution of marriage, fatherhood and love.
Why should i even bother ?
I always stay away from women, totally avoid them, no unnecessary conversation and no friendship with them. I have decided to stay single throughout and never to date or marry and stay virgin too.
But may times i feel extremely attracted to women. I get feeling that women are so special and the best creation ever. Then i feel irritated n depressed sometimes. I remain happy most of the time but sometimes this feeling gets me. And no I don't hate women or anything.
My actual question is
How to totally overcome and kiill my feelings, attraction towards women forever?
There must be a way.
You have an irrational fear of something you've never experienced before based mostly on sensational and extreme cases you've read on the internet. What you mentioned is only a small portion of the way some men think and some women act. You fear every relationship with a woman will come out worst case. This fear could be the start of eventually more fears and social anxiety. It really wouldn't hurt to talk to a professional--just to be sure it really is what you think it is (what you feel is an informed choice) and not symptoms of something else. Like it was mentioned, you are a college student, it's free, take advantage of it now. What do you have to fear if you really believe there is nothing wrong? If nothing else, a professional can give you tools you can use to cope with feeling depressed.

Now, assuming there is nothing wrong and you just want to avoid relationships, there is no easy answer. I was married to a man who turned out to be gay... married to him for 13 years. I certainly had sexual desire and no outlet (I wasn't about to cheat.. he was still my husband and I was still married after all). I just dealt with it until the day he left me. I didn't cheat, try magic pills from the internet, or anything like that. I just did what people do when faced with something hard, I coped. I know it's not an easy answer like a pill or something, but that's life. It's not fair, there aren't easy answers, and sometimes you just have to pick yourself up from your bootstraps and press on.

You say you love animals... go to a shelter and volunteer. It might not take your mind off attraction, but honestly, I think it would do you emotional good to care for something. And hopefully, it will be another distraction for you until you figure things out.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:39 PM

706 posts, read 1,205,120 times
Castration would be good for you then.
Don't worry, with an attitude such as yours, not many women will want you anyway.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:38 PM

428 posts, read 474,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
OP, lock yourself in a room for a week and watch nothing but old movie classics with leading men like; Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, Henry Fonda, Gary Cooper.
It will give you an understanding on how society was before 'the decline'. How men and women interacted with each other.
Then travel. See the world. USA is not the world.

Stop watching modern day action for a while, you know, with actors jacked up on roids, with screen plays that seem like they've been written by 14 year old boys.
Good luck on your adventure !!!!
Hmm, interesting response. I could try that in some while.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
Castration would be good for you then.
Don't worry, with an attitude such as yours, not many women will want you anyway.
As I said earlier. I want to remain happy and I don't think it would be possible with your solution. As for the last line "that is what I actually want "

Old 12-08-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I'm, well, sorry. That will mess anyone up.

There are solutions but they are all too drastic, especially for kids.
Who is the kid here ?

Old 12-08-2013, 10:02 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,967,098 times
Quote:
As I said earlier. I want to remain happy and I don't think it would be possible with your solution. As for the last line "that is what I actually want "
I'm not understanding you.

Are you saying not having kids will make you unhappy?

So you do want kids, you are just afraid a woman will get rid of you or treat you like garbage after your kids turn 5. An I understanding you correctly?

I wanna know the name of the documentary. That actually made me laugh since my parents divorced when I was that age. But I don't think the reason was that. My parents hated each other and fought constantly even before they conceived the first child. One possible reason is that we were no longer cute babies. Many men love babies just like most people like puppies and kitties. I did ask my mother once "why did you conceive me when you knew my father was violent and cheated on you?" Her answer "I didn't want to just have one baby".

I don't think most women are like the women in that documentary. Many women do anything to keep a man even when it's against the welfare of their children.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:25 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Jesus H Jones. Your attitude towards women will kill any feeling they might have for you, thus it solves your problem.
This. OP, you have no worries at all.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:05 PM

36 posts, read 48,438 times
Quote:
This is my LAST topic in city data and I want to make it clear.

Based on my experience ( both in and out of internet ) it seems like women in general don't see any worth in their men after they have kids. Things like child support, alimony and welfare system act as a fuel to further the fire. I saw a documentary where women only need men for 5 years. It's during that time when the infant can't walk and mommy can't leave the house. After baby turns 5, she moves on. Apparently that's our nature.

I am actually a 18 year old and the things i have been exposed to like briffaults law, MGTOW, views of many women on men etc in internet make me hate the institution of marriage, fatherhood and love.
Why should i even bother ?
I always stay away from women, totally avoid them, no unnecessary conversation and no friendship with them. I have decided to stay single throughout and never to date or marry and stay virgin too.
But may times i feel extremely attracted to women. I get feeling that women are so special and the best creation ever. Then i feel irritated n depressed sometimes. I remain happy most of the time but sometimes this feeling gets me. And no I don't hate women or anything.
My actual question is
How to totally overcome and kiill my feelings, attraction towards women forever?
There must be a way.
Youre not alone. Ive mentioned this in a different post. More and more men are boycotting women all together. Yea people still **** but by no means do very many guys want to be involved with one. Atleast i dont. I simply dont respect women and never will

Old 12-08-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
You have an irrational fear of something you've never experienced before based mostly on sensational and extreme cases you've read on the internet. What you mentioned is only a small portion of the way some men think and some women act. You fear every relationship with a woman will come out worst case. This fear could be the start of eventually more fears and social anxiety. It really wouldn't hurt to talk to a professional--just to be sure it really is what you think it is (what you feel is an informed choice) and not symptoms of something else. Like it was mentioned, you are a college student, it's free, take advantage of it now. What do you have to fear if you really believe there is nothing wrong? If nothing else, a professional can give you tools you can use to cope with feeling depressed.

Now, assuming there is nothing wrong and you just want to avoid relationships, there is no easy answer. I was married to a man who turned out to be gay... married to him for 13 years. I certainly had sexual desire and no outlet (I wasn't about to cheat.. he was still my husband and I was still married after all). I just dealt with it until the day he left me. I didn't cheat, try magic pills from the internet, or anything like that. I just did what people do when faced with something hard, I coped. I know it's not an easy answer like a pill or something, but that's life. It's not fair, there aren't easy answers, and sometimes you just have to pick yourself up from your bootstraps and press on.

You say you love animals... go to a shelter and volunteer. It might not take your mind off attraction, but honestly, I think it would do you emotional good to care for something. And hopefully, it will be another distraction for you until you figure things out.
I don't remain depressed most of the time. So no, I don't think I need help. I think diffeently ? yes
Is it wrong ? Maybe
Why I am like this ? Already stated
Do I hate women ? No
Am I exposed to bad relationships ? Haven't seen a good one yet so far
Why I am wnt to get rid of the attraction ? Because I want to live a stress free life and devote it to become a capable engineer, help poor and do something for disabled.

Women Don't make me frustated, my feelings do.
I don't see anything wrong with it at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.