Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 01:23 PM

428 posts, read 474,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
I'm not ignorant and I am as much against societal norms as anyone else. I was just trying to let you know that you might feel differently in the not too distant future. You might see your worth as a man differently and that not all women don't value men in the way you describe. That's my point.

On the flip side, should women do the same when we reach a certain age and no longer feel physically attractive to men? Isn't it kind of the same thing?
Nobody knows what future holds in its bags.
I don't want to comment about women because i have no idea how they are like.
And my worth as a guy is not limited to my capacity to attract women or anything like that.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Many have suggested seeing the counselor at your college to help you work through this conflict you are experiencing. Have you any intention of following through with that? It must be very confusing and frustrating to be attracted to women while, at the same time, having such anxiety about, and negative views of, women and romantic relationships. Please see your counselor or your medical doctor to discuss these feelings.
All these frustation would. go away once i find a way to kill my feelings.
And no, i have no interest in going to a counselor or anyone. I am not mad.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:32 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post

Nobody knows what future holds in its bags.
I don't want to comment about women because i have no idea how they are like.
And my worth as a guy is not limited to my capacity to attract women or anything like that.
hahahahaha! Too late for that! You commented plenty in your OP! Get help, you have a lot of baggage to work out. You'll be happier once you resolve your inner conflicts. Your thoughts re: women aren't normal, and you said yourself that they cause you to get depressed. Your OP here is a blatant cry for help.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:16 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,203 times
Quote:
But i am not transgender. But it would google it for sure.
I know you're not but talking to a therapist that specializes in gender & sexuality might be a good idea? You need to discuss these feelings with a professional before you get older and become frustrated with it. Maybe there is a condition you have and maybe there are other men with similar issues who managed to find some sort of resolution.

Perhaps you just need to come to terms that your value as a man and as a human being isn't what you think it is.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:19 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,203 times
Quote:
All these frustation would. go away once i find a way to kill my feelings.
And no, i have no interest in going to a counselor or anyone. I am not mad.
You have to be mad to see a therapist? I guess 90% of the population of the western world must be mad then.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:49 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,043 times
Quote:
I haven't seen a single happy marriage in my life. ,
And then be a first in your life who has a one Even you would be surrounded by negative things, YOU can choose some things how it goes what comes to YOU. Be that husband in a happy marriage and show to you it is possible. You are in control of your part of your relationship.

What you see around is not YOUR life. Your life and your experiences are result of YOUR choises and goals.

Not forcing you to marry anyone, just commenting above.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:13 PM

11,111 posts, read 9,753,246 times
You don't need to be mad, or crazy, to see a counselor. A counselor could help you to understand that the limited number of marriages you have observed are not the norm. Maybe he could also suggest ways to cope with the anxieties that are causing your OCD. Anti-anxiety medications help many others with this condition. I heard you when you said you didn't want treatment for OCD, but you want some form of medication to take away these feelings you are having towards women. Why will you take a medication to remove your libido, but you won't take one for anxiety?

The conflicted feelings you seem to be having are something I think many young men go through in their early teens when they are simultaneously attracted to, and repulsed by, girls. Most heterosexual guys come out the other side of this phase realizing that the anxiety was normal and temporary, but you seem to have gotten stuck there. That is why people keep suggesting a counselor, to help you get "unstuck".

Old 12-10-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
hahahahaha! Too late for that! You commented plenty in your OP! Get help, you have a lot of baggage to work out. You'll be happier once you resolve your inner conflicts. Your thoughts re: women aren't normal, and you said yourself that they cause you to get depressed. Your OP here is a blatant cry for help.
It was not a cry for help. It was just a question to seek some advices. And after reading comments and responses i am no longer depressed or sad.
Help for what ?
For thinking differently ?

Old 12-10-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
I know you're not but talking to a therapist that specializes in gender & sexuality might be a good idea? You need to discuss these feelings with a professional before you get older and become frustrated with it. Maybe there is a condition you have and maybe there are other men with similar issues who managed to find some sort of resolution.

Perhaps you just need to come to terms that your value as a man and as a human being isn't what you think it is.
I don't think i have any condition or anything. There are so many men who think like me and don't want to involve with a woman infact there is a whole movement. MGTOW.
Any just imagine, one day you got tired of men and decided to just live a single life with no feelings for them ad post a question about it. Ad believe me i would Not question your worth as a woman nor i would suggest you a therapist .

Old 12-10-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
You don't need to be mad, or crazy, to see a counselor. A counselor could help you to understand that the limited number of marriages you have observed are not the norm. Maybe he could also suggest ways to cope with the anxieties that are causing your OCD. Anti-anxiety medications help many others with this condition. I heard you when you said you didn't want treatment for OCD, but you want some form of medication to take away these feelings you are having towards women. Why will you take a medication to remove your libido, but you won't take one for anxiety?

The conflicted feelings you seem to be having are something I think many young men go through in their early teens when they are simultaneously attracted to, and repulsed by, girls. Most heterosexual guys come out the other side of this phase realizing that the anxiety was normal and temporary, but you seem to have gotten stuck there. That is why people keep suggesting a counselor, to help you get "unstuck".
Maybe because i think my OCD is kind of saving me from all the things which i have mentioned in my initial post ?
Just recently an attractive girl came to me to talk. I immediately refused and left. I just said " Sorry but i have to go for an urgent work"
Later i found out that, she talk with boys, pretend to like them, go for date where she just eat, buy new things etc from his potential date's money and after a long day she complain to college guards about it and how that guy ( who took her out ) is bothering her and giving her dirty remarks. She has done the same thing to many other boys in our college as well.
This whole incident just even further destroyed my feelings to some extent because without Ocd i would have dated that girl and would have certainly got in trouble like those guys
As long as i have OCD i cannot unstuck it. The wall is too powerful to break. Apart from this area and feelings, i really remain happy and comfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology