Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2013, 03:11 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
Mental health care ?
So you guys think i mad or some sort ?
Cool then. I was here for an advice and all i got is people bragging about how i have problems, how i am weird and bla bla bla.
How would you have felt if you were in my position and asked this question ? Would you have appreciated such responses ?
Do you not think that your opinion is a bit unusual for an 18-year-old with very little life experience? Most of us who are older than 18 shudder to think of the firmly-held opinions that we had at your age.
The fact that you're considering castration because you don't want anything to do with women because of stuff you read from disgruntled men on the internet is a bit over the top. You can associate with women, even have sex with them, without accidentally getting married and then divorced.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:26 PM

428 posts, read 475,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Do you not think that your opinion is a bit unusual for an 18-year-old with very little life experience? Most of us who are older than 18 shudder to think of the firmly-held opinions that we had at your age.
The fact that you're considering castration because you don't want anything to do with women because of stuff you read from disgruntled men on the internet is a bit over the top. You can associate with women, even have sex with them, without accidentally getting married and then divorced.
My views were never formed by some views of other men on internet. They are formed by biological facts and nature. And yes, i Think its unusual for me to never see a single loving relationship in my life EVER maybe because such thing does not exist.

Yes, i think too deeply for a 18 year old because of my Ocd which force me to think about simple things again, again and again. So yes.that may sound unusual. Other than that, i think everything is ok.
And, no i haven't considered castration yet. Still searching.........

Old 12-11-2013, 06:45 PM

3,866 posts, read 3,144,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
Based on my experience ( both in and out of internet ) it seems like women in general don't see any worth in their men after they have kids. Things like child support, alimony and welfare system act as a fuel to further the fire. I saw a documentary where women only need men for 5 years. It's during that time when the infant can't walk and mommy can't leave the house. After baby turns 5, she moves on. Apparently that's our nature.

I am actually a 18 year old and the things i have been exposed to like briffaults law, MGTOW, views of many women on men etc in internet make me hate the institution of marriage, fatherhood and love.
Why should i even bother ?
I always stay away from women, totally avoid them, no unnecessary conversation and no friendship with them. I have decided to stay single throughout and never to date or marry and stay virgin too.
But may times i feel extremely attracted to women. I get feeling that women are so special and the best creation ever. Then i feel irritated n depressed sometimes. I remain happy most of the time but sometimes this feeling gets me. And no I don't hate women or anything.
My actual question is
How to totally overcome and kiill my feelings, attraction towards women forever?
There must be a way.
There is no way to kill your feelings forever unless you take a testosterone blocker. Otherwise when you think you have overcome your feelings of being attracted to women there will pop up an instance that you will meet or see a woman that you will be extremely attracted to that will frustrate you. Its just the way humans are evolutionary wired.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:04 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,511,066 times
You can always try what many artists, priests and others do:

In psychology, sublimation is a mature type of defense mechanism where socially unacceptable impulses or idealizations are consciously transformed into socially acceptable actions or behavior, possibly resulting in a long-term conversion of the initial impulse.

Sublimation (psychology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-11-2013, 09:42 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Find a hobby you'll enjoy, ride the mountains, play video games, focus on your career. Trust me. You'll won't think about all the emotional ills and realize you're better off single.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:51 PM

2,001 posts, read 2,513,131 times
Jeez o whiz. You are only 18!!! Concentrate on college, getting a career and then you'll see, as you mature women aren't that bad. Yes women are special and best thing ever and I'm sure one day you'll meet your soul mate.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coseau View Post
There is no way to kill your feelings forever unless you take a testosterone blocker. Otherwise when you think you have overcome your feelings of being attracted to women there will pop up an instance that you will meet or see a woman that you will be extremely attracted to that will frustrate you. Its just the way humans are evolutionary wired.
I wonder how so many bachelors do it then ?
I have hobbies, do crazy things and always try to engage in as many activities but still i get these impulses. Why ?

Old 12-12-2013, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
You can always try what many artists, priests and others do:

In psychology, sublimation is a mature type of defense mechanism where socially unacceptable impulses or idealizations are consciously transformed into socially acceptable actions or behavior, possibly resulting in a long-term conversion of the initial impulse.

Sublimation (psychology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thank you for posting such an interesting topic. I found this in wikepedia.
Sexual sublimation, also known as sexual transmutation, is the attempt, especially among some religious traditions, to transform sexual impulses or "sexual energy" into creative energy.

creative energy ? Hmm. Does creative energy has anything to do with helping poor etc.? I I really like this

Old 12-12-2013, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Find a hobby you'll enjoy, ride the mountains, play video games, focus on your career. Trust me. You'll won't think about all the emotional ills and realize you're better off single.
You know, i do all of the things you have mentioned and even more. But still..... There is something which makes me thing about things which i should totally ignore.
Yes, i know i am far better being single .

Old 12-12-2013, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRiteMA98 View Post
Jeez o whiz. You are only 18!!! Concentrate on college, getting a career and then you'll see, as you mature women aren't that bad. Yes women are special and best thing ever and I'm sure one day you'll meet your soul mate.
Wise words but in vain sadly. Thanks for the response though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology